*Silsbee vs. West Brook Broadcast/WB Wins In OT!*

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A 5A school that is now 6-14 on the season.  Silsbee should have won this game easily.  I am anxious to hear AAW opinion because you can usually get a good honest answer out of him as to whether Silsbee played poorly or if WB played great or a combo of the two.

A 5A school that is now 6-14 on the season.  Silsbee should have won this game easily.  I am anxious to hear AAW opinion because you can usually get a good honest answer out of him as to whether Silsbee played poorly or if WB played great or a combo of the two.

First of all, according to our records, West Brook is now 6-11, not 6-14. ;)

As for this game, West Brook played very well. I talked to Coach Simon after the game and he said this was the Briuns best game so far this season. West Brooks record is a little decieving as they have played a very tough schedule so far. Donte Lopez was on his game today, hitting several three's including those 3 down the stretch that kept Brook in the game. His penetration caused Silsbee some problems. Whittington was hot from outside also, hitting 4 three's, including the game winner at the buzzer. West Brook nailed 11 three's in the game total, out of 16 attempts. That was the difference. I look for West Brook to play well the rest of the season.

Silsbee played better than they have the last couple of games, but still seem a little slow on the defensive end. Shannon was on his game today, hitting some clutch shots and getting to the line on his drive attempts. Shannon was money at the freethrow line, hitting 10 in a row, but failed to make the crucial 2 with 7 seconds left in overtime that probably would have won it for the Tigers. Silsbee losing Thomas and Hill to fouls down the stretch was costly too. West Brook's zone press caused some problems for Silsbee late in the game, denying Shannon the ball and causing some turnovers by the other Tiger players. Silsbee missed several point blank shots, something that has been a nemesis to the Tigers all season. This was a game the Tigers could and should have won.

Silsbee still looks like a team that is tired of playing on the road and with 2 more road games still to come, Kelly and Newton next week, they may be in for some more disappointment.

Lazeek, this little slump that Silsbee is going through right now can only remind me of a couple of years ago when HJ went through a mini slump when they lost Donahoe for a game or two, losing three in a row. The Hawks got back on the right track and went on to a state championship. I am hoping for the same with Silsbee.

BTW, the schedule is correct according to the Silsbee coaching staff. Silsbee plays @Kelly Tuesday night, then @Newton Friday night. Newton plays @HJ the following Tuesday night, the 13th.

AggiesAreWe pretty much summed this up.  This was a very interesting game.  Silsbee couldn't get much from the other players.  But when you give the ball to Robinson, look out.  It was not his shooting that impressed me.  It was the way he got other players involved.  There were some passes that the other Tiger defenders were not ready to handle.  Silsbee will be fine come district.

Lopez for Brook started the scoring frenzy in the 3rd.  Lopez kept Brook alive when it appeared that Silsbee would run away with it.  You all know what happened in overtime.  This one kept me on the edge of my seat!  Great win, Brook!

ou all talk about brooks record.... Four of the starters were playing football, then when they got back they had to get themselves ready for baslketball... They have been steadily improving... They will probably come out second or third in district... BUT THIS DOES SHOW  ALL OF YOU SMALL SCHOOL LOVERS THAT YES A BAD (record-wise) 5A TEAM WILL BEAT A GREAT 3A TEAM.... 

ou all talk about brooks record.... Four of the starters were playing football, then when they got back they had to get themselves ready for baslketball... They have been steadily improving... They will probably come out second or third in district... BUT THIS DOES SHOW  ALL OF YOU SMALL SCHOOL LOVERS THAT YES A BAD (record-wise) 5A TEAM WILL BEAT A GREAT 3A TEAM.... 

I can't really argue your point, short, since the Briuns won the game. I will say though that Silsbee has played much better earlier in the year against better opponents. The Tigers are in a bit of a slump right now. I thought the better team lost.

AggiesAreWe pretty much summed this up.  This was a very interesting game.  Silsbee couldn't get much from the other players.  But when you give the ball to Robinson, look out.  It was not his shooting that impressed me.  It was the way he got other players involved.  There were some passes that the other Tiger defenders were not ready to handle.  Silsbee will be fine come district.

Lopez for Brook started the scoring frenzy in the 3rd.  Lopez kept Brook alive when it appeared that Silsbee would run away with it.  You all know what happened in overtime.  This one kept me on the edge of my seat!  Great win, Brook!

silsbee and big sandy must be drinking the same water

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo