If I were a stand out HS player in the state of Texas......

SFA85

If you are really good and can play well at the next level, the scouts find you. It doesn't matter where you play. High profile teams give you TV exposure, but like I said, scouts are everywhere.

Texas fields many NFL players every year. Competition is what it's all about anyway, so wherever you go, you will have to beat out somebody.

TT....I'm sure Harrell and Crabtree both will make it plus some of their linemen.

If you are really good and can play well at the next level, the scouts find you. It doesn't matter where you play. High profile teams give you TV exposure, but like I said, scouts are everywhere.

Texas fields many NFL players every year. Competition is what it's all about anyway, so wherever you go, you will have to beat out somebody.

TT....I'm sure Harrell and Crabtree both will make it plus some of their linemen.

You would have to admit playing for a USC, Bama, Penn St., S. Carolina, Michigan(before Carr left) got the average player ready for the pros better due to the offenses and defense ran there.  Plus, some of those school mentioned have ex-NFL coaches that know how to prepare their kids for the next level.

They tend not to fall for the latest Spread/Nickle D gimmick that is pervasive in college ball....

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

I would say 'no' to TT because the softness of their scheme....

I would say 'no' to UT because of having to share the ball with 4 RB's

I would say 'no' to any team running the spread O.......

I agree with all of this. Tech doesn't play any Defense and they are soft and always have been and always will be. The spread is a gimmick offense...I can't stand it. The Pro-Set is the way to go especially if college players want to get to the next level like you said. It gives them experience in that style of offense.

I would say 'no' to TT because the softness of their scheme....

I would say 'no' to UT because of having to share the ball with 4 RB's

I would say 'no' to any team running the spread O.......

I agree with all of this. Tech doesn't play any Defense and they are soft and always have been and always will be. The spread is a gimmick offense...I can't stand it. The Pro-Set is the way to go especially if college players want to get to the next level like you said. It gives them experience in that style of offense.

It's not that Tech doesn't play any defense...it's the style they play...the have the bend but don't break method...they attack alot and do some unconventional stuff!  However w/ the offense they have it puts them in a bind b/c teams are always throwing the kitchen sink at em trying to score more than the O does!

If I were a stand out I would gladly accept to play for a major D-1 college like UT, TT, A&M or just about anybody - yes even OU if they came knocking and say others didn't.

It is what you dream about while in HS. Once you get there it is up to you to make the most of your golden opportunity, get your education payed for and then hope you did enough to get noticed by the NFL. If not, you have a degree and are still set up for success.

"McGuffie wanted to transfer to a school closer to home, and Rice became more attractive by winning 10 games in a season for the first time since 1949 and operating a spread offense that should take advantage of the speed and athleticism that made McGuffie a coveted recruit. McGuffie is the second high-profile student-athlete to transfer to Rice since the start of the season, joining former Alabama and San Antonio Churchill quarterback Nick Fanuzzi. Fanuzzi was one of the state’s top signal callers from the 2007 class. "

You would have to admit playing for a USC, Bama, Penn St., S. Carolina, Michigan(before Carr left) got the average player ready for the pros better due to the offenses and defense ran there.  Plus, some of those school mentioned have ex-NFL coaches that know how to prepare their kids for the next level.

They tend not to fall for the latest Spread/Nickle D gimmick that is pervasive in college ball....

Looks like the spread-o of Utah manhandled Bama pretty well. You have to be anything but a sissy to do that. If you're good enough, it doesn't matter if you ran a spread offense, NFL scouts will still see the potential and use you appropriately

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham