Silsbee vs. The Woodlands College Park, broadcast/WCP WINS!!!

The Tigers finally get a home game after playing on the road since Nov. 25th. What a home game it is as the Cavaliers of College Park in The Woodlands of district 14-5A will come to the Tiger Den to take on #11 ranked Silsbee in the Tigers last non-district game. This should be a great test for Silsbee as College Park brings a very talented and experienced team to the court.

Our broadcast time should be around 12:45 with tipoff around 1pm. Come on out and enjoy an afternoon of fantastic high school basketball. Or, sit there at home or work and catch all the play-by-play right here on Setxsports.com

Mike Sanchez, Tiger Sports and Setxsports.com broadcaster

Click link to Listen

This is the hidden content, please

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Silsbee yall are playing the better teams before dist. start.Like the other one in yall dist. they like too play the weak team to make record look good. Good luck in dist.and the playoffs. :D :D :D :D

A lot of teams would kill to have a record that yall have. This year was really different for yall because yall played on the road for nearly two month and played competitive teams. It better to get your lost out the way now than in the playoffs. This will only get u ready for district.

Guest ST4life

5a College Park has a very good team....... Silsbee did a good job even though they lost cause nobody in this area could beat College Park not even Ozen...... Silsbee is ready for district play and with a little work on defense and rebounding they will be ready for the play-offs.....

Newton would lose by 50 or more points to these guys so I hope HJ does not get on here and talk crap.......

Lets go Tigers......

5a College Park has a very good team....... Silsbee did a good job even though they lost cause nobody in this area could beat College Park not even Ozen...... Silsbee is ready for district play and with a little work on defense and rebounding they will be ready for the play-offs.....

Newton would lose by 50 or more points to these guys so I hope HJ does not get on here and talk crap.......

Lets go Tigers......

They will

Silsbee's JV beat the Woodlands JV

but I forgot the score........

Score was 45-39. That was not College Park's JV though, it was their Soph. team. College Park has a varsity with 12 players, a JV with 14 players, a soph. team with 15 players, and two freshman teams with 14 players each. About 70 players in their high school basketball program! Some of our small schools around here doesn't have that many out for football.

It was a good matchup as Silsbee is all sophomores anyway except for the big man who is moving up to varsity next week. CP's soph. team had a '6"5, '6"6, and a '6"7 player on the team.

This was a good team to play for Silsbee. College Park is about as good a coached team as Silsbee has and will face this season. I was very impressed with them. Constance was good like I knew he would be but the other 4-5 guards that CP threw out there were very quick and could handle the rock well. Their inside game was solid as Porter was definetly their best player down low. He reminded me of Silsbee's Stallworth but with a bigger body and more experience. The Cavaliers took advantage of their size and numbers over the smaller Tigers and made a run to start the second half that Silsbee never recovered from. They consistantly beat Silsbee down the floor to get some easy buckets and then played very solid halfcourt defense that caused the Tigers problems. Also, the Cavaliers were solid from the freewthrow line and were able to keep that 12-15 point cushion down the stretch. College Park is the defending district champs in district 14-5A and I think they will repeat as champs this year.

Silsbee played good in spurts but was a little over matched. The Tigers were able to get some turnovers at times and I think they suprised CP with how well our small guards were able to get rebounds. Our inside players played in foul trouble most of the second half and the Tiger guards had to rely on the three shot to keep them in it. Shannon played well at times but also found himself dribbling into double teams and then turning it over. Hill played well and continues to draw fouls against bigger players. His ability to get down the baseline and position himself really is amazing at times. The Tigers made some three's but they will need some offensive scoring inside to make that outside game even better.

Silsbee will be ready for district as no other team in our district has played near the schedule as the Tigers have. This will do them well for not just district but into the playoffs where the Tigers plan on making another deep run.

Guest ST4life

Sounds like you have already declared the District Champion.  Will they go undefeated?

That predition is to be determined by how HJ will play us.

HJ will play us hard but I feel that Silsbee has a better bench.........

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Wildcats92
    Newest Member
    Wildcats92