Silsbee vs. The Woodlands College Park, broadcast/WCP WINS!!!

Actually Silsbee was scheduled to play Newton also.  So don't say that Hj plays a week schedule.  BTW the game today was scheduled this week when Silsbee realized that they had scheduled to play Newton the same day that HJ was playing them.  Don't act if scheduling this 5A team was part of the season long plan!!!!

Now about the game.  I listened to part of it at work today.  Silsbee seemed to have hung tough for about the first 12 minutes and then the Cavs took over and never looked back.  This will help Silsbee down the road.

District starts Friday!!!!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ST4life

Actually Silsbee was scheduled to play Newton also.  So don't say that Hj plays a week schedule.  BTW the game today was scheduled this week when Silsbee realized that they had scheduled to play Newton the same day that HJ was playing them.  Don't act if scheduling this 5A team was part of the season long plan!!!!

Now about the game.  I listened to part of it at work today.  Silsbee seemed to have hung tough for about the first 12 minutes and then the Cavs took over and never looked back.  This will help Silsbee down the road.

District starts Friday!!!!!!

not just this team but the others also have been tougher than the teams HJ has played..........

HJ has played......

Huntington

Kelly

Lufkin Hudson

Barbers Hill

Gregory Portland

Aransas Pass

LCM

Nederland

Rockport Fullerton

Kingwood Park

Odem

Kountze

Newton 2 times

Hitchcock 2 times

Gladewater Sabine 2 times

Common HJ/Silsbee opponets..........Central, Kountze and Newton.

Oh sorry because HJ did not schedule Ozen, Silsbee has played a better schedule.  Also the game today was scheduled this week because of a scheduling conflict with Newton.

How is that not playing good competition????

I think that you are just saying this so that you can justify to "yourself" the fact that Silsbee has more losses than poor ol' pathetic Hardin-Jefferson.  Whatever makes you feel better!!!!! ::) ::) ::)

HJ has played......

Huntington

Kelly

Lufkin Hudson

Barbers Hill

Gregory Portland

Aransas Pass

LCM

Nederland

Rockport Fullerton

Kingwood Park

Odem

Kountze

Newton 2 times

Hitchcock 2 times

Oh sorry because HJ did not schedule Ozen, Silsbee has played a better schedule.  Also the game today was scheduled this week because of a scheduling conflict with Newton.

I think that you are just saying this so that you can justify to "yourself" the fact that Silsbee has more losses than poor ol' pathetic Hardin-Jefferson.  Whatever makes you feel better!!!!! ::) ::) ::)

you must be really bored tonight to type all that...we have to do something to fell better :D :D :D

Guest ST4life

HJ has played......

Huntington

Kelly

Lufkin Hudson

Barbers Hill

Gregory Portland

Aransas Pass

LCM

Nederland

Rockport Fullerton

Kingwood Park

Odem

Kountze

Newton 2 times

Hitchcock 2 times

how many 5a teams has HJ played? how many state ranked teams has HJ played? Lets compare because I really dont think that HJ would have the same record if they had Silsbee's schedule..........

Guest ST4life

Silsbee has played 3 5A teams and lost to all 3 so HJ's record would be the same!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

yes.......If HJ had Silsbee's schedule than HJ would have more loses......

I'm glad you finally agree.... ;D

Guest ST4life

Huntington 3A #12 (won in Huntington by 29)

Newton 2A #13 (won by 6 and 30)

Hitchcock 2A #18 (won by 43 and 9)

Gladewater Sabine 2A #4 (won by 13 and 2)

Kountze 2A Top 20 at the time (won by 18)

8 State Ranked teams that HJ has played and beaten.

Have you played a ranked 4a team?

Huntington 3A #12 (won in Huntington by 29)

Newton 2A #13 (won by 6 and 30)

Hitchcock 2A #18 (won by 43 and 9)

Gladewater Sabine 2A #4 (won by 13 and 2)

Kountze 2A Top 20 at the time (won by 18)

8 State Ranked teams that HJ has played and beaten.

Have you played a ranked 4a team?

No we did not play Ozen!!!!!!!  That was just another lose for Silsbee!!!

Silsbee has played 3 5A teams and lost to all 3 so HJ's record would be the same!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

I did not agree that HJ would have more losses.  I agreed that the 3 losses to 5A teams that Silsbee has that HJ would have those same 3 losses!!!!!

Guest ST4life

I did not agree that HJ would have more losses.  I agreed that the 3 losses to 5A teams that Silsbee has that HJ would have those same 3 losses!!!!!

Silsbee has lost to.......

4a Ozen 

3a Sanger #9 TABC 

3a Cleveland #8 TABC

5a Clear Creek

5a West Brook

5a Woodlands CP

So go ahead and tell me that HJ would take care of all of those teams on an away game schedule......

4a Ozen 

3a Sanger #9 TABC 

3a Cleveland #8 TABC

5a Clear Creek

5a West Brook

5a Woodlands CP

So go ahead and tell me that HJ would take care of all of those teams on an away game schedule......

I mean if Silsbee lost then there is NO CHANCE that HJ would have beat any of those teams!!

Guest ST4life

4a Ozen 

3a Sanger #9 TABC 

3a Cleveland #8 TABC

5a Clear Creek

5a West Brook

5a Woodlands CP

I mean if Silsbee lost then there is NO CHANCE that HJ would have beat any of those teams!!

HJ is good but I dont think they would beat those teams............ Well Silsbee sould have beat both of those 3a teams and Ozen.........

so I could say that HJ could beat Sanger & Cleveland but you would have to bring your A game..........

I think it's safe to say that Silsbee's schedule was tougher than HJ's. 70% of Silsbee's non-district schedule was against 3A teams and higher. Where as HJ's was 55%. Both teams faced off against 8 state ranked opponents but for HJ, 2 of those games were repeat games.

Bottom line is, none of this guarentees wins for Silsbee over HJ. You still got to play the games. Each coach determines what he thinks is best for his team as far as scheduling goes. Todd has scheduled more non district games than what Travis has. HJ will have 27 non district games this year compared to 19 for Silsbee. HJ hosts there own tourney along with playing in the EC and AP tourneys which all are pool play type tournaments with only 3A and below schools playing these tournaments. Sutherland feels that's best for his team and I totally respect that. Travis wants to play his type of schedule and I respect that also. To each his own I say. There is no right or wrong in this.

We could talk in circles all day about this but the only thing that will be accomplished is that the thread will get longer.

My only hope is that HJ played too many games and runs out of gas by mid district. ;D

Both HJ and Silsbee have played what they needed to play. Saw HJ play Newton they looked as good as anyone we have played with exception of College Park .HJ's organized chaos looked to be right on track and extremely effectice as Newton had  a ton of turnovers  Silsbee was more than competitve with WCP except for about a quarter when they could not answer College park. So at this point all that doesn't matter it only matters did your team get what they needed to get ready for the real season where games actually count! that starts Friday 16 Jan.The good news is that HJ and Silsbee will get to answer this question on the court..Can't wait!

Guest ST4life

Agreed!!!!!!! ;D ;D

Agree also!!!!!

we will find out soon enough who has the better team.......

But here is my perdiction.........

Silsbee at HJ- HJ wins by 2

HJ at Silsbee- Silsbee wins by 8

Silsbee vs. HJ in the playoffs- Silsbee wins by 5

Agreed!!!!!!! ;D ;D

Agree also!!!!!

didn't say i thought HJ would win! just said we would find out :D :D :D

Guest ST4life

Agreed!!!!!!! ;D ;D

Agree also!!!!!

didn't say i thought HJ would win! just said we would find out :D :D :D

Well i didn't say that you said HJ would win....... ;D

I was just saying that if HJ is going to have atleast 1 win agianst Silsbee it will be at home and thats it.......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo