LC-M wants on-line response from community on AD post

LC-M wants on-line response from community on AD post

Van Wade

The Orange Leader

The Little Cypress-Mauriceville CISD is looking for input from community members and have invited them to respond to an on-line survey concerning desirable attributes of a prospective athletic director/head football coach.

The survey is posted on the LC-M website at www.lcmcisd.org.

The LC-M CISD is looking to replace former Athletic Director Todd Moody.

There are 15 questions listed on the site and responders can vote whether the questions are very important, important, little importance or unimportant.

The questions include: 1. How important is it that the Athletic Director/Head Football Coach (candidate) be honest and of high moral character and integrity?

2. Please rate the importance of the candidate having ties to Southeast Texas.

3. How important is it that the candidate have experience coaching in a community with similar demographics to LC-M?

4. Please rate the importance of the candidate having previous experience as a Head Football Coach.

5. How important is it that the candidate have previous experience as an Athletic Director?

6. Please rate the importance of the candidate having experience in developing a successful football program.

7. How important is it that the candidate be involved with the community?

8. Please rate the importance of the candidate having a positive rapport with the media.

9. How important is it that the candidate have a proven record of motivating and inspiring students and staff members to succeed?

10. Please rate the importance of the candidate having demonstrated the ability to establish relationships and positive rapport with students.

11. How important is it that the candidate be able to establish and sustain positive relationships with fellow coaches, teachers, and community members?

12. Please rate the importance of the candidate understanding the role that athletics plays in the overall development of students.

13. How important is it that the candidate understand how athletics supports the academic program?

14. Please rate the importance of the candidate having experience in facilitating an overall strength and conditioning program?

15. How important is it that the candidate has demonstrated strong team building skills?

The district posted the job on its school website and is taking applications through Jan. 19. The position will pay between $68,026 and $80, 596 for 226 working days.

Some requirements are a minimum of five years of successful teaching and coaching experience, a valid Texas teaching certificate. A Master’s degree from an accresdited college or university is preferred.

Moody requested to be reassigned within the district in early December and Superintendent Dr. Pauline Hargrove approved the request earlier this month.

Moody was 8-28 in his four seasons at LC-M and turned in an 0-8 record in 2008 with the Bears.

Moody was the second head coach within District 20-4A to be reassigned since the end of the football season.

Matt Burnett recently was reassigned at Port Neches-Groves High School after leading the Indians to a 3-6 campaign in 2008 after going 8-4 in 2007 and sharing the district championship with Dayton and Lumberton.

I think actually shows great leadership...yes you pushed the levers on election day but the issues have changed since then and your leaders want to be more in-tune with what you as constituents want.  Plus, they are not afraid to ask for help in an area outside of their expertise.  I applaud them for their efforts to gauge the opinions of those who elected them.

this is crazy.

you pushed the lever at elections for those people to make these decisions.

This is a great idea to gather the opinions of the community.  It makes the community members stop and think about more that wins and losses too.  This format serves as statements by the district administrators as much as it does questions to the community.

And YES, you pushed the lever at elections for those people to make these decisions...and that's exactly what they're doing.  They will use this "opinion poll" to help in their search and decision making.  Don't be fooled into thinking that this survey holds any more value than what it is.  It is not in any way taking away the decision making by the administration at LCM.   

no pauline, ask me overy for supper with her and ricky. trying to get her to understand how to hire a coach. thay ARE GOING TO PARK THE BUSES AND NO MORE PICK UPS OF KIDS ALL will walk are hich hike to school like in the old days ;D ;D

Don't write her a note  are she will have you back in school. ;D

this is getting a little out of hand dont you think.is PN.G asking help  from there fans (NO) but thay should . the lc-m school board is lost in space ,please come down to earth you are voted in by your people do your job

skippy,

Either get a clue or buy a vowel...you're lost.  ::)

oh why are you like this ,dose this make you fell like a BIG MAN.i love kidding around on this most that know me will tell u this. sorry i dont come up to your standers forgive me .its people like YOU that makes some of us  sick just haveing fun on this  and u come up and tell the world how bad a speller i am

oh why are you like this ,dose this make you fell like a BIG MAN.i love kidding around on this most that know me will tell u this. sorry i dont come up to your standers forgive me .its people like YOU that makes some of us  sick just haveing fun on this  and u come up and tell the world how bad a speller i am

Sorry you took this post the way you did skipper.  No real need to get defensive, I wasn't attacking you.

"Get a clue" is a reference to the shot you took at the LCM school board members without really knowing what is happening.  A "selection committee" has been formed and the head of that committee is receiving all of the applications at this point.  Board members don't really even know who all those applicants are yet.  (YET being the key word) The school board is doing their job just fine.

"Buy a vowel" just refers to The Wheel of Fortune game show.  Contestants sometimes buy a vowel when they're not real sure what the answer is yet.  That reference had nothing to do with your spelling.

This board is the best and cheapest entertainment around.  Sorry if you think "I'm like that"

Sorry you took this post the way you did skipper.  No real need to get defensive, I wasn't attacking you.

"Get a clue" is a reference to the shot you took at the LCM school board members without really knowing what is happening.  A "selection committee" has been formed and the head of that committee is receiving all of the applications at this point.  Board members don't really even know who all those applicants are yet.  (YET being the key word) The school board is doing their job just fine.

"Buy a vowel" just refers to The Wheel of Fortune game show.  Contestants sometimes buy a vowel when they're not real sure what the answer is yet.  That reference had nothing to do with your spelling.

This board is the best and cheapest entertainment around.  Sorry if you think "I'm like that"

Skipper, Slam is a good guy even if he is from LCM.  ;D Sometimes things come across the wrong way when they are being typed and not spoken.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    333tba
    Newest Member
    333tba