Lamar vs. UTA Updates/UTA Wins!!!

You can't win them all!!!!!!  LU had a bad ROAD game and lost to a team that is PROJECTED TO WIN THE CONFERENCE!!!!!  LU will win all games at home and go 5-3 on the road this season in conference.  That will be a record of 13-3 and good enough to win the conference.

BTW I was referring to the fact that they have been on the road for the last month.  Teams that they played have not been to impressive!!!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball25

I hope LU wins all the home games but you know that is going to be tough.... I hope lamar doesn't win the reg season conference becasue its always tough to win that and the southland tourney..I don't know what history shows on that but its tough to win both. ....that PRESEASON PROJECTION TO WIN THE CONF its overated talk.....

Guest coachacola

UTA's losses to Eastern Washington, Denver and Montana happened November and early December on the road so I wouldn't read too much into that.  Last year LU lost a lot of games early that they shouldn't have lost but still went 13-3 in conference.

UTA also lost to Baylor and Tulsa on the road by 13 points combined and since then they've won 4 of 5 games.  They lost to Texas State last week on the road, which was there 10th straight road game in a row.

Pomeroy rates their SOS as 4th toughest in the SLC, behind LU, SHSU, and TAMU-CC, and they have the best offense in the league.  Like I said, they are probably the best team in the league, even better than SFA.  LU's pomeroy rank actually improved after this game.

Like Lazeek said, LU needs to win their home games and go 5-3 on the road and they'll be in great shape to win the regular season championship (and qualify for at least a trip to the NIT).  Unfortunately there's not that many easy road games left.

Guest baseball25

Yeah i hear on the nit that would be great for the program but u have to win on the road and if ur going to win on the road u got to D up and not give up 90plus points

We have had 2 bad games that were completely winable.. Indiana State and UTA... I really think that they way the game was called kept us from getting into a rythm... All of those offensive fouls were pathetic... I believe that we SHOULD win the games at McNeese, TX State, And Prison U....   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats

• It’s a fact.  Are you not bothered with those?  Big girl also has an issue with facts.  Must be a liberal thing!
    • That’s kinda over-simplifying matters.    Are you talking about local politics or the platforms of the DNC/RNC? They’re two completely different scenarios.    To be frank, a politician couldn’t get elected in Hardin County as a Republican… until 2010-2011 when the locals all switched to the R Party.    I think that the truest example of a Democrat is the late George Wallace, Governor of Alabama. He ran in 1958 against a staunch segregationist and lost big time. Both Dems, btw. He came back in 1962 as a hardcore opponent of integration and won handily, becoming the racist spokesperson for a South that wanted to remain segregated. By 1982 he won his last term as Governor of alabama, still as a democrat, but carrying over 90% of the black vote.    Who switched? Was it the party? The politicians? The people? All of the above, in all different directions and over a period of about 60 years.   The problem with arguments about switching is that there are no constants.  We all know that guy…. southern accent, white-headed flat top haircut, short sleeve western shirt with those old wrangler double-knit pants. He probably held public office all over the south, and he had some really crazy ideas about race…. Might not have been in the Klan, but knew a bunch of people who were or had been. And he voted 100% Democrat.     We can all say “yeah, and he became a Republican after the civil rights act was passed!” And we’d be wrong.  The truth is that those old ideals and ways of thinking pretty much died off.    The truth of the matter is that the civil rights act passed the senate with a 71-29 vote majority.  But it’s interesting to point out that the 71 “yes” votes were actually 27 Republicans and 44 Democrats voting “for” the civil rights act, with 6 Republicans and 21 Democrats voting against the Civil Rights Act.  So which party was in favor and which one opposed?   And now 60 years later, with an ideological split in America, both sides are trying to claim moral superiority and cast blame over history that, to be frank, we don’t understand.    But to be honest, the Democrat party of 2024 is not what it was… and neither is the Republican. Just because things are so black-and -white today doesn’t mean that they always have been. 
    • We wont win the series, but it would be nice to get a win today before heading to Baltimore. 
    • Like who?  Do you have any names of actual applicants? Asking because I have not seen a list of applicants. 
  • Topics