Fundamenatlly Sound Team vs Athletic Team. What would You choose?

Guest bleed orange

Good points everyone. This is just a question so don't get upset. You always hear the term "Stereotype". Do you think we stereotype some teams? If a predominately black team is good, they are labeled as "Athletic". If a predominately white team is good they are labled "Fundamentally Sound". You never hear a predominately all white team call " athletic" and you never hear a predominately all black team called "fundamentally sound". They are all "athletes". Why can't we just say they are a " Very talented Team" and leave at that. Just curious about some of your thoughts. I am not trying to start anything. Just stir up good conversation. I don't know maybe I am seeing something that is simply not there. But I have never heard both terms mentioned in the same breath about any team.

To answer your question.... yes , yes and yes. Look at the comparisons of Duke and UNLV back in the early 90's...

Guest DickVitale

I can coach, so GIVE ME SOME ATHLETES!! I will make sure they become sound BASKETBALL PLAYERS....Give me Ozen, Houston Yates, PA Memorial, Central talent...You can keep LCM, PNG, Bridge City, etc! One program that defies that logic is KINGWOOD..They are GREAT system guys, and will defend you from the time you step off of the bus, BUT the ONE year they won the title (2005), they had ATHLETES too...VERY few teams will win the big one without SOME athleticism....VERY, VERY few..

I can coach, so GIVE ME SOME ATHLETES!! I will make sure they become sound BASKETBALL PLAYERS....Give me Ozen, Houston Yates, PA Memorial, Central talent...You can keep LCM, PNG, Bridge City, etc! One program that defies that logic is KINGWOOD..They are GREAT system guys, and will defend you from the time you step off of the bus, BUT the ONE year they won the title (2005), they had ATHLETES too...VERY few teams will win the big one without SOME athleticism....VERY, VERY few..

When did they become 'fundamentally sound'?

What does athletic mean? If you do not have fundamental skills "athletic" means nothing. I will take a team that is fundamentally sound over a team that is athletic any day. History is on my side and it does not matter what sport I am talking about.

This is not true.  If you are talking about track I would want athletic over fundamentally sound.  Athletic means speed.  I don't care how good your start is if you are slow.  Fundamentally sound will get your butt beat on the track against speed.

Guest bleed orange

What does athletic mean? If you do not have fundamental skills "athletic" means nothing. I will take a team that is fundamentally sound over a team that is athletic any day. History is on my side and it does not matter what sport I am talking about.

This is not true.  If you are talking about track I would want athletic over fundamentally sound.  Athletic means speed.  I don't care how good your start is if you are slow.  Fundamentally sound will get your butt beat on the track against speed.

I think track is a whole different ball game. You don't have to be fundamentally sound to run track. Now in the field events you may have too.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Wildcats92
    Newest Member
    Wildcats92