Lamar vs. McNeese St. Updates/Lamar Loses Another Road Game!

Guest coachacola

McNeese is probably the best defensive team in the league along with SFA, so Lamar has to play great offensively to win these road games because their defense isn't that good.  Looking at the box score, rebounds were about even, but look at these stats:

LU  7 assists, 4 steals, 1 block, 11 TOs

McNeese: 17 assists, 7 steals, 8 blocks, 10 TOs

I'm not sure if it's personnel, Roc's coaching philosophy, or what, but while Lamar's been good offensively, they've been pretty bad defensively.

The good: Jay Brown had another double with 13 points and 13 rebounds.  Ashton Hall is finally playing better and had 14 points and 7 rebounds (although he did have 4 TOs and 4 fouls).

The bad: Dawkins was 2-12 scoring 5 points total.  Custer played 6 minutes and did not score.  (He's our only big man off the bench against a big team like McNeese.)

Guest coachacola

Hall 14 points at half and finished with 14 for the game..........unacceptable!!!!!

"You can't get blood out of a turnip." Be happy the kid scored 14 points

I think that's one of the hazards of a good local HS player playing a Lamar, everyone expects them to play great. 

Also, looking back a few years, when McThay resigned with Lamar, I don't think anyone thought he'd be the starting guard playing all these minutes.  I think Coach Roc is doing a great job winning with these good, but not great, players.  I see improvement every year in the players he's bringing in.

Hall 14 points at half and finished with 14 for the game..........unacceptable!!!!!

I think that's one of the hazards of a good local HS player playing a Lamar, everyone expects them to play great. 

Also, looking back a few years, when McThay resigned with Lamar, I don't think anyone thought he'd be the starting guard playing all these minutes.  I think Coach Roc is doing a great job winning with these good, but not great, players.  I see improvement every year in the players he's bringing in.

Excellent points! This is my first year watching Hall play, but I did hear about him often when he was in high school. I was watching some tape the other day and noticed how slow he seemed to move. I bet with a good conditiong coach and extra work in the gym, the kid could really improve his game. Right now, the game has caugh up with him and he's no longer bigger than the other players.

Excellent points! This is my first year watching Hall play, but I did hear about him often when he was in high school. I was watching some tape the other day and noticed how slow he seemed to move. I bet with a good conditiong coach and extra work in the gym, the kid could really improve his game. Right now, the game has caugh up with him and he's no longer bigger than the other players.

Good points about Hall, but I am telling you that he is not 100% still from his injury two years ago.  He was far more explosive in high school than he is now.  I understand different level of competition but he is not the same.

Good points about Hall, but I am telling you that he is not 100% still from his injury two years ago.  He was far more explosive in high school than he is now.  I understand different level of competition but he is not the same.

I'll take your word on it. Inuries can slow you down, whether it be physical or mental. Because it can be just as hard wondering if you're re-injure again

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43