McNeese Game thoughts... and going forward.

LUFAN

I had to wait for a bit before I put this together. I was pretty pissed off because of our performance..

So here are my thoughts..

We started strong again and then faded.. We jumped out to a lead then we let our foot off the gas... You can really tell that Dawkins is struggling... I hope that he can get back to himself... if not we are going to continue to struggle..

I think that Skylar Williams should be starting over Ashton Hall.  HALL NEEDS TO START PLAYING WITH SOME BALLS!!

Hall is weak with the ball and lacks intensity.. He turned the ball over 2 times and ruined 2 different runs that we were making... 

We left their point guards open way to much and that killed us.. they hit a ton of three's. This goes back to KD being just a bit off.

WHATS UP WITH CUSTER... GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR butt

finally,

Roc was completely right to get that tech.. The refs were horrible.. Skylar was slammed to the floor and they did not call a foul... McNeese was in bonus at the 12:00 minute mark of the second half and they were not even called for a fouls at that point...

WE NEED TO LEAVE THE SLC

I HATE PLAYING THESE LOW CLASS TEAMS WITH LOW CLASS REFS IN THIS LOW CLASS CONFERENCE AND LOSING BECAUSE OF THE CRAPPY OFFICIATING... 

That is all

I had to wait for a bit before I put this together. I was pretty pissed off because of our performance..

So here are my thoughts..

We started strong again and then faded.. We jumped out to a lead then we let our foot off the gas... You can really tell that Dawkins is struggling... I hope that he can get back to himself... if not we are going to continue to struggle..

I think that Skylar Williams should be starting over Ashton Hall.  HALL NEEDS TO START PLAYING WITH SOME BALLS!!

Hall is weak with the ball and lacks intensity.. He turned the ball over 2 times and ruined 2 different runs that we were making... 

We left their point guards open way to much and that killed us.. they hit a ton of three's. This goes back to KD being just a bit off.

WHATS UP WITH CUSTER... GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR butt

finally,

Roc was completely right to get that tech.. The refs were horrible.. Skylar was slammed to the floor and they did not call a foul... McNeese was in bonus at the 12:00 minute mark of the second half and they were not even called for a fouls at that point...

WE NEED TO LEAVE THE SLC

I HATE PLAYING THESE LOW CLASS TEAMS WITH LOW CLASS REFS IN THIS LOW CLASS CONFERENCE AND LOSING BECAUSE OF THE CRAPPY OFFICIATING... 

That is all

Just so you know, if it wasn't for Ashton Hall in the first half, Lamar would have never been in this game. He scores 14 of their first 24 points.

He did do a no show in the second half, but still led them in scoring.

Ashton has been a let down all year... I think Skylar is more athletic and with more playing time will be a great player...  I think Ashton is a decent player but has never shown that he can be much more than that...  I had high expectations as most people on the board did...

I want to see sustained intensity... He showed played well in the first half... I think it was his best playing of the year but he is not consistent.... We will have him for 1 more year and hopefully he can turn the fire on.

WE NEED TO LEAVE THE SLC

While it was a Saturday game, remember this -- it was Billy Tubbs who pushed heavily for the move of the SLC to Wednesdays from Thursdays. We now have to deal with C-USA and Big 12 scheduling, since Dale Kelley oversees officiating for those conferences as well as the SLC, Sun Belt and WAC. We are third fiddle now as far as officiating goes on our night. On Thursdays, we were second fiddle to the WAC and had better officiating.

The SBC switched to Thursdays this past year, believe the announcement came after the SLC made their move (flipped with the women) and looking at a few box scores, they have different officials than I've seen before. Saw a game recently that had two officials from major conference, that would have never worked a SBC game before.

Saturdays are always going to be tough since many conferences play on Saturday. I'd seen two of the three officials you guys had in Lake Charles. Seen most of the officials in this region numerous times over, as I've been in a fair share of SLC and SBC venues over the last five, six years.

Weds/Sat is good for several purposes, but for budgeting, it sure hurts our problems. Some teams instead of going to SLU and Nich on one weekend are now making that swing on two separate trips. That has not got to be cost friendly. I'd be interested in attendance comparisons between Weds (this year) and Thurs (last year).

Ashton Hall has actually improved recently.  He played a good defensive game against SE LA. and was our leading scorer yesterday.  Williams may end up being a special player if he gets his  together.  We are all aware of talented kids who never realize their full potential because of bad attitudes. Lets hope Williams grows up and becomes the player he is capable of being. 

Terror there is a difference between bad officials and bias officials.

Anyway, lets move on. Lamar needed a wake-up call. As weak and bad as th SLC, we can't just show up and expect to win.

Lamar 2 toughest games are out the way, we should go at least 11-2 in the remaining games...

Anyway, lets move on. Lamar needed a wake-up call. As weak and bad as th SLC, we can't just show up and expect to win.  Lamar 2 toughest games are out the way, we should go at least 11-2 in the remaining games...

Road trips to SFA, SHSU and UTSA will be tough. Figure both of those losses will come from two of these three games, hopefully a loss in Huntsville.

Guest coachacola

Lamar had no problem beating a decent SELA team, but lost to the league's best offensive team (UTA) and 2nd best defensive team (McNeese) on the road.  Lamar should go on a winning steak before they play SFA (the best defensive team in the SLC) on the road.  I have to agree with UNLV, LU should go 11-2 the rest of the way, but I qualify that with (1) if Dawkins can get over his injury quick and (2) Custer and Harper contibute more.  Lamar does have the 2nd best offensive team in the league, and since they only play 2 games against the best defensive teams, they should win a lot of games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43