Yao is the best center in the NBA.

king

in case you didnt know....the rockets arent a "good team"...they have the potential to be a "good team" but they settle for an "average" team. ill give them slightly above average. if they played through mcgrady they wouldnt even make the playoffs. unless your name is kobe or lebron you cant expect a team to play through you and make the playoffs.....the lakers and cavs dont even play through them. the rockets have all the right tools, but they cant seem to use them the way they should be used. and yes 7'6" is a blessing. look at the money he makes from it. id gladly be a 9 foot tall mamoth man with mobility problems making gobs of money a year...not to mention the most famous man from china. look at the positives. maybe that will get you somewhere in life.

The Rockets are currently 3rd in the west...yet you say they aren't a good team? Not bad for a team without their "superstar"

dwight howard is way better than yao anyday and then greg oden even though he is injured at the moment

Greg Oden? LOL!  (Yao) PPG- 19.8 RPG- 9.7 APG- 1.8    (Oden) PPG- 9.0 RPG- 7.20 APG- 0.7    ::) ::)

Your ignorant if you try and argue against yao being the best offensive center in the league, he has one of hte best shots for a 7 foot big man in a while, what other team uses their center to shoot technical freethrows.. now the shotblocking is difficult because he has to move so much weight around and im not sure if you yao haters know this but NBA point guards are fast and work on ways to get the ball around ppl like yao, but he alters shots, cleans up the boards, and averages 20+ points a game... what more can you ask for?

PPG-  D. Howard, ORL 61 games played 36.1 mpg 21.0ppg

PPG-  Y. Ming, HOU 62 games played 33.0 mpg 19.7ppg

yao is 26th out of 50 in ppg and howard is 16th out of 50 in ppg

howard is 4th in field goal % and yao is ninth in field goal %

neither r ranked real high in assist which is understandable considering they are centers

PPG-  D. Howard, ORL 61 games played 36.1 mpg 21.0ppg

PPG-  Y. Ming, HOU 62 games played 33.0 mpg 19.7ppg

yao is 26th out of 50 in ppg and howard is 16th out of 50 in ppg

howard is 4th in field goal % and yao is ninth in field goal %

neither r ranked real high in assist which is understandable considering they are centers

and yet these stats dont change my mind at all because the rockets have alot more weapons than the magic which means he has to spread the points.. its not a matter of strictly PPG its a matter of how productive you can be at the same time your team is.. and yao is able to average 20 ppg with the likes of Tracy Mcgrady, Aaron Brooks, Shane Battier, Ron artest, and even louis scola...

in case you didnt know....the rockets arent a "good team"...they have the potential to be a "good team" but they settle for an "average" team. ill give them slightly above average. if they played through mcgrady they wouldnt even make the playoffs. unless your name is kobe or lebron you cant expect a team to play through you and make the playoffs.....the lakers and cavs dont even play through them. the rockets have all the right tools, but they cant seem to use them the way they should be used. and yes 7'6" is a blessing. look at the money he makes from it. id gladly be a 9 foot tall mamoth man with mobility problems making gobs of money a year...not to mention the most famous man from china. look at the positives. maybe that will get you somewhere in life.

The Rockets are currently 3rd in the west...yet you say they aren't a good team? Not bad for a team without their "superstar"

? LOL!  (Yao) PPG- 19.8 RPG- 9.7 APG- 1.8    (Oden) PPG- 9.0 RPG- 7.20 APG- 0.7    ::) ::)

look at the date of my post mr bigned...over a month ago. i do believe that the whole t-mac being out of the picture thing has brought light into the rockets situation. alot can change in a month....as has happened here. the rockets were 6th, if im not mistaken, at the time of my post. now they are 3rd. big improvement in the tight west but i still believe yao is over rated. for his size he isnt being used to his fullest potential. if i was his coach i wouldnt make him shoot....run my offense away from him and let him rack up 15 boards a game. and im still standing firm on his blocking ability.

• 3 months later...

Figured I would bring this back!!!  I know you guys love howard but the Lakers played him one-on-one with Gasol!!!!  Yao murdered Gasol one-on-one, in fact he murdered everyone they put on him one-on-one!!!  Dwight looked fustrated out there and Gasol made him look bad on both ends of the court!!!!  They had to double Yao, but they played Howard one-on-one the whole series.

Howard is merely a freak athlete with little skill, Yoa is a complete packege.  Yes Dwight is going to average more blocks and rebounds, but Yao can win games and score in the clutch while getting rebounds and blocking shots, (when healthy)!!!!!  And you can't hack-a-Yoa!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    crawls2010
    Newest Member
    crawls2010