ST413    7-3

hoops12  7-3

n_bball_223   6-4

PNG_Indians#40  6-4

utfan06  6-4

Eaglefan01  6-4

TopDawg52   5-5

Changes per Lazeek. ;D

By my calculations if you had the team minus the points and tied you lost and if you had the team plus the points and tied it was a win............that it stupid.  It should go down as a tie both ways!!!!!!

The rules were made clear when we started this, I didn't see you griping until you lost  ;D  ;D

By my calculations if you had the team minus the points and tied you lost and if you had the team plus the points and tied it was a win............that it stupid.  It should go down as a tie both ways!!!!!!

When I started this pickem, I stated that all pushes were a loss. What I meant by that was that the team that is favored does not win by more than the given points, the result would be an incorrect pick. Basically, I was adding the 1/2 point to every game. I did not want to have any ties.

I will put a 1/2 point on every line from here on out so that there will not be any confusion to us experienced gamblers. As for the rest of the folks, I know I will have to explain this 1/2 point business. ::)

I still think a tie should be a tie.........how can you have it a loss one way and a win another???

That's where the 1/2 point will come into play.

Instead of East Chambers being a -6 point favorite, it would be -61/2. That way they would have to win by 7 to cover. If they only win by 6, the Deweyville pick would be a winner.

AAW....I would just count it as a win...I do...If I have Team A (-6) and they win by 6, I give myself the win. But it's your gig big guy....

Yeah, I can see it that way. I was really glad Lazeek brought out the descrepency. I just didn't want to have to deal with the push issue.

I am going to try the 1/2 point system this go round and see what the response to that will be.

Thanks Chad for your input.

I still do not understand how if you picked the favorite and tied it was a loss and if you have the dog and tied it was a win!!!!!!!  That makes absolutely no sense what so ever.  You even said a push is a loss in your original post, so how is it a win now???

Like I said, I did not clarify the fact that a push would result in loss if you took the team giving the points. That's why I used the example of Ozen having to beat PNG by more than 21 points because that's how much they were favored by. That's where the 1/2 point makes the difference.

Go back and look at the very first post of the first pickem thread.

Here is what I posted:

I will do an area pickems starting this Tuesday night and for the remainder of the district play using only these districts: 20-4A, 21-3A, and 23-2A

That's 10 games to pick and I will use HoopInsider's point spreads with these picks. So when you make a pick, you have to take in consideration of the point spread. Example: Ozen is favored by 21 points over PNG, so if you pick Ozen, they will have to win by more than 21 points. All pushes(ties) will result as an incorrect pick.

Here is what I posted:

I will do an area pickems starting this Tuesday night and for the remainder of the district play using only these districts: 20-4A, 21-3A, and 23-2A

That's 10 games to pick and I will use HoopInsider's point spreads with these picks. So when you make a pick, you have to take in consideration of the point spread. Example: Ozen is favored by 21 points over PNG, so if you pick Ozen, they will have to win by more than 21 points. All pushes(ties) will result as an incorrect pick.

That seems pretty clear to me!!!!!

I still do not understand how if you picked the favorite and tied it was a loss and if you have the dog and tied it was a win!!!!!!!  That makes absolutely no sense what so ever.  You even said a push is a loss in your original post, so how is it a win now???

Like I said, I did not clarify the fact that a push would result in loss if you took the team giving the points. That's why I used the example of Ozen having to beat PNG by more than 21 points because that's how much they were favored by. That's where the 1/2 point makes the difference.

Mike I am not stupid.......I have bet before and know how the lines work.  You do not have to explain it to me like I got a education at Silsbee!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Mike I am not stupid.......I have bet before and know how the lines work.  You do not have to explain it to me like I got a education at Silsbee!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Never said you were stupid, Rob. I'll let someone else make that call. ;) ;D

Like I said, I'll take full responsibilty for not being clear enough on the pushes. I am going to use the 1/2 point system from here on out. This should clear up all descrepencies.

I am not upset.  I am just concerned how you can have some wins and some losses when both were ties!!!!!

Example:

I had EC -6 and you had Deweyville +6 and EC won the game by 6.

AAW got the W

Lazeek got the L

That makes NO SENSE!!!!!!

Not upset, huh.

I should have used the 1/2 point system with the picks. That was what my intentions were when I used the example with Ozen and PNG when discussing the pushes. I did not want any ties. That was my fault( for about the 5th time I have said ::)) for not making that clear.

If you would like, I will go back and change it.

You are not listening (or reading)!!!! :D :D :D

I understand the 1/2 point and think it will be a great addition.  I am upset (yes upset) that some people who had the teams giving up the line got the loss while the teams had the dog plus the points and got the loss.  It should either be a tie, a win or a loss for everyone.  You can't have it wins for some and losses for some.  You stated and I quote "All ties or pushes will result in a loss"!!!!!  That is not how you did the results after the 2 ties from Friday night.  That is why I am upset about this.  If you want to use the 1/2 point for the rest of the pickems then you should.  I think it will work better.  I just think that you should adjust the results from Friday and either give everyone a win, a loss or a tie for the Anahuac/Hardin and EC/Deweyville game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    333tba
    Newest Member
    333tba