Ozen @ Nederland - winner Ozen

Guest Brubaker

Ozen, is not very good at putting the ball in that orange thing... Nederland choked on it's own  tons of open shots and just couldn't get the O2 into their system.  Not impressed at all with either team.

What is Brubaker talking about?  How did Ozen not impress him tonight?  That's what I want to know.

ok well think of this in two games we've held nederlands top scorer to three points total if you call that sloppy then hey i guess so breon could have scored anytime he wanted he's still nursing the ankle and willie dunked on forney i guess thats sloppy

Guest Ricthepic

Congrats to Ozen on another District 20-4A win. The article in the PANews this morning was horribly written. It's disappointing when a professional journalist sits behind the bench and evesdrops on conversations going on within the confines of the bench, and then quotes the coach in print. Reporting what a coach says or doesn't say to his players during a game is not news! Grab the coach after the game and ask anything, but don't repeat to the public what a coach say's on his bench to his players, unless he brings it up. Bush league. The Bulldogs didn't play well, no doubt, and the press has a right to report the game, but not evesdropping behind the bench. " Most of us learn to write in elementary school, and go on to greater things" Bob Knight

Okay was I the only one that saw the awful sportsmanship of the Ozen fans.  Several ladies

in their audience were making little girls cry, and spouting their mouths off to other fans.  One lady

was even sitting on the Ozen bench and turning around yelling at Nederland fans.  Also why

was Ozen's 33 not ejected from the game when he got in Dionte's face and raised his fists to

him, like he was ready to fight?

If you are the winning team, you are an example.  Ozen is not the same team nor are their fans, with the new coach. 

What is Brubaker talking about?  How did Ozen not impress him tonight?  That's what I want to know.

ok well think of this in two games we've held nederlands top scorer to three points total if you call that sloppy then hey i guess so breon could have scored anytime he wanted he's still nursing the ankle and willie dunked on forney i guess thats sloppy

I did not think that Ozen was sloppy at all...they played pretty well and Frank carried them with his shooting last night...he was amazing...for the record, willie did not dunk on forney...he tried to and it was partially blocked and he was fouled...the ball bounced off the rim and into the air and went in...not quite an "in your face" throw down...he reacted like it was a poster job and got t-eed up for the effort...clearly Ozen outplayed Nederland last night...they are the best team in the district, no doubt in my mind after seeing everyone.

I don't know how you couldn't have been impressed with Ozen last night.  This is the first time all year I've seen them play disciplined basketball on both offense and defense.  They ran their offense until they got a layup or Franks had an open look and that kid was unconscious last night.  Nederland did miss a ton of shots, but sometimes you gotta give a little credit to the defense.  It's one thing to shoot over a 5'8 kid from Lumberton closing out on you.  It's another to shoot over Willie Jefferson.  Saveat took Torres and Hammond out of the game and dared someone else from Nederland to beat him.  Didn't and not gonna happen.  

I don't think Nederland missing shots had much to do with the defense, many were wide open looks, just didn't go in.  It wasn't like Nederland couldn't get off a shot because of the pressure, they missed a ton of shots.  I think the whole Jefferson in Dionte's face is being blown a little out of proportion, it was a reaction, he clearly didn't try to take it any further, was T'd up appropriately and the game moved on.

agreed on the jefferson situation...he got way too excited about what was not a great play...he got t-eed up appropriately and the game moved on...he should not have been tossed from the game.

Ozen's D  probably had some to do with Nederland's lack of production but many of the misses were not contested shots...bottom line, Nederland missed plenty of wide open looks and they cannot do that and play with Ozen...they need to shoot well to be competetive with them.

Nederland's shots wouldn't fall and Franks couldn't miss.  Clearly the better team won.  Willie tried to dunk on Forney but didn't get it down.  It bounced around and finally fell in and then he was T'd up for his lack of sportsmanship.  The T was appropriate and did not warrant any further action.  However, I don't understand the new coach condoning the behavior.  He tried to argue the T shouldn't have been called.  Ozen is known for winning but not necessarily with the sportsmanship or class that Hebert had in the days of Fred Williams.  So, any comments about it are really mute. 

As far as the PA News.  C. Pastorella reported the game accurately!  If the coach says something loud enough to be heard in the stands then it is fair game to be quoted.  The coach was right in what he said and it was right to quote him!  Coach has been sending that message to some of his starters all season long, it's about time he sent it to all five.  All of whom have yet to perform at a consistent level from game to game.  Now hopefully they will take the hint and come out and take care of business the rest of the season.  They have to play tougher.  If an opponent is going to push on you, you have to push back.  An elbow here and there does wonders.  Down low you have to go up and not be afraid to get fouled.  Quit putting the ball on the floor, go right back up with it after a rebound.  If the threes aren't falling you have to find a way to score inside or take the mid range jumper.  They have to play as team.  Play like a team that is a playoff contender and not a playoff pretender.  

Tip your hat's to Ozen, they are the best team in district that I have seen.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4