WO-S-26 Dayton-9 Final/ Post Game Comments

KFDM COOP

Guest GoStangs

Dayton had a very good team -- hats off to them. I was impressed with Dayton's QB; Dugat was good, but the QB was excellent. Dayton's defense was very strong, as expected, and they showed they have a lot of athletes on that side of the ball, as well.

There were two major turning points in the game. Once, after WOS failed to score for the second time inside Dayton's 20, they were able to hold Dayton to a punt. During the punt, Dayton had an intentional facemask followed by a late hit. Rather than having the ball near midfield, 30 penalty yards later, WOS is inside the red zone with some momentum, and they score to tie the game at 6. That was just a pair of mental breakdowns that cost Dayton. The other turning point was when WOS went up 12-9. The ensuing kickoff, Alexander (#40 for WOS) crushed the returner. After that hit, you could just see WOS had their ears pinned back and were hitting anything that moved, and hit them hard. Momentum completely swung to the WOS sideline after that hit, and the game just got away from Dayton at that point. All in all, it was a fairly clean game with few penalties and turnovers.

I think Dayton is a very good team with a lot of speed and talent. They'll make a strong bid for a playoff spot.

I think Dayton is a very good team with a lot of speed and talent. They'll make a strong bid for a playoff spot.

I think you are right about that.

Dayton looked like they laid it down in the second half though. But I think the Chain Gang had something to do with that.

Next up, LC-M.

other than the opening drive of the second half dayton looked completely out of sync. they also had a few dropped passes when their receivers were wide open. it looked like our offense wore down their defense as the game progressed. with most of our team going both ways that says a lot about the conditioning at wos. dayton had a much bigger team when it came down to the numbers on each squad.

As I said a couple of days ago, if we did get beat it definitely WOULD NOT be because we ran out of gas. Typical Cornel Thompson team. Dayton didn't lay down in the second half, they were wore out. The main reason why we only suit out 26 players is because our off season and two a days are HELL. There just aren't many kids that can hack it. We lost a big lineman that we were counting on for that very reason.

I was very impressed with the Dayton team. I think they will at least get a playoff spot and I wouldn't count them out of being the district champ. This is the best Dayton team I've seen.

I think WO-S has a very special group of kids this year. Coach Hooks, after the game, gave them tomorrow off and they declined, they wanted to come in and practice... that's AWESOME!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats

• Yep couldn’t have said it more perfect.
    • 2.6% play D-1 football.    0.023% make it to the NFL. 99.97% need to make it in real life.    
    • And they still picked Nederland not to make the playoffs.......
    • It’s not that simple.    You just read where UT Alum said that Hardin County was 80% democrat in 1980… but according to you the fabled “switch” was finished by Nixon a decade earlier.    That’s the fallacy of your argument… we can all agree that as far back as the Civil War, Democrats strongly opposed any measure  that would benefit the black community.  That policy continued all of the way up through the 1960s. That’s when there was a shift…. But it’s not what you think.    It’s not like all of the old white bigots said “to heck with this! Let’s go be republicans instead.” My contention is that the Democrat Party of old didn’t hate black people… they needed the votes of white people, and they got them by whipping up racial animosity towards black people.  Right about the time that the civil rights act was passed, the leaders of the democrat party realized that there just wasn’t a whole lot of white on black racial hate to work with… and with the changing demographics in America, they recognized that the next voting block to control would be the minorities, and the best way to harness that vote was by providing them a common enemy… whitey.  That’s why you had guys like Strom Thurman and George Wallace renounce their “racist” ways and pivot to trying to win over the monitorities instead of catering to racist whites.    You fast forward about 30 years and the democrats have convinced their voters that the whites are the source of all of their problems… just like they told whites that the blacks were the source of all of their problems. It’s not that the racist shifted sides… the Dems just shifted their focus because voters didn’t care about the old racism anymore.    But, that same time frame and approach left a void. Suddenly you have white people (who aren’t racist) being told by democrats that  “you don’t even realize how big of a racist you are, and everything you worked for means nothing because it was the result of white privilege, and in fact our voters deserve everything that you have…” and people got tired of it, so the next thing you know you’ve got a lot of people like the ones on this board who will fall in line behind somebody who says “I’ll fight those democrats for you.” He calls immigrants rapists, blows his dog whistle until he passes out, and convinces the tiny group of actual racists and antisemites that it’s safe to come out of hiding.  “Build the wall” is their rallying cry. The democrat response? They open our borders completely, even though they know it’s bad for us… but they need to keep fanning the flames, too. And you can’t be opposed to the guy who wants to build a wall, but then construct one yourself, right? It’s madness, and it’s all about getting “us” to vote against “them” on both sides. And it really, really needs to stop. 
    • Southern Democrats=KKK!  No denying that fact.  You should have also learned that murder was illegal by then, but that doesn’t stop you from supporting abortion.  
  • Topics