Silsbee vs. WO-S Updates; Silsbee wins 65-42

The bench for SIlsbee must not have played much tonight because the starters combined to 63 of 65 points. Someone on the bench must have put up two points or two people scored a point a piece off of free throws. Someone gives me an outcome on tonight game.

Lane had 1 point and Thomas had 1 point, that was all the scoring.

Remember, Byars is not a starter. Tigers had 16 total bench points.

Number 10 was hot from 3 point land and it didn't seem as though we could do anything about it.

Silsbee seems to be a complete team and well coached.

I must have missed you at the game Aggies.

That's what the flu will do for ya. It's got me down for the count. Hopefully I can be back Friday night.

Guest Robinhood

Silsbee's forward, Nick "Wildman" Walters is a complete team player.  He scores when he has to (16 points tonight) but his real talent is his defense.  He had double digits in rebounds and had several steals. He also got 2 charge calls go his way defensively. This guy understands the game.

This was a very good win for the Tigers. After coming off the big, big win at HJ, Silsbee could have gotten caught in what some people call a "trap game". The Tigers could have came out flat and laid a big egg but to the credit of the Tiger coaching staff and it's players, they took care of business and remain undefeated in district play. Silsbee played great defense against a very quick Mustang team and Silsbee's ability to handle another press just shows what great guard play they have. Also what sets Silsbee apart from all the other district 21-3A teams is the fact the Tigers have 7 players that can come out and give you double figure scoring. Last night Silsbee had 4 players in double figures with another at 8 points, while the other two that didn't score in double figures, have done on several occassions this season. I believe they have the benefit of having a go to player(Robinson) along with a very balanced scoring offense that as many as 7-8 players get heavily involved. The Tigers have it all in the fact they have penetrating guards(Robinson, Hill) three point artist in Walters and Byars, and inside scoring with Stallworth and Thomas. Throw in Lane with his ability to create his own shot and be the Tigers mid range scorer, gives the Tigers a very balanced offensive team.

The defense, well it speaks for itself.

Great win Silsbee. Hope to see you guys Friday night.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32