BARRY BONDS vs Hank Aaron

Is a home run a home run, Is Barry a champion, I dislked him when he left Pittsburgh, but liked him again later in San Fran....all the way until 2001, when his neck started getting PHAT..I mean FAT.  I still see Hank every now and then "at the corner store"...ok, maybe not, on TV , and interviews, and he still looks happy...everytime I see Barry, he looks like he could rip someone's head off...I don't know

Guest baseball25

Bonds is in the top 3 greatest PLAYERS EVER.........6 mvps 8 gold gloves it doesnt get much better than that......he's the only player ever to have 400hrs and 400 stolen baseball and he has 500 of each.....the guy is that great...I mean steroids dont make u hit a changeup,slider,curveball.....u still got to make adjustments at the plate and thats what barry bonds does best.....his mechanics are crazy and he's great at what he does.....LIKE i tell everyone.....DON'T HATE THE PLAYER..HATE THE GAME.....MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL knew this was going on.....I mean sosa and big mac is what brought the game back with there HR chase and MAJOR LEAGUE baseball was sitting back and loving every bit of it......BUT now they want to keep them out of the HOF when all these players brought back the game and the fans..ratings and etc....

Bonds is in the top 3 greatest PLAYERS EVER.........6 mvps 8 gold gloves it doesnt get much better than that......he's the only player ever to have 400hrs and 400 stolen baseball and he has 500 of each.....the guy is that great...I mean steroids dont make u hit a changeup,slider,curveball.....u still got to make adjustments at the plate and thats what barry bonds does best.....his mechanics are crazy and he's great at what he does.....LIKE i tell everyone.....DON'T HATE THE PLAYER..HATE THE GAME.....MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL knew this was going on.....I mean sosa and big mac is what brought the game back with there HR chase and MAJOR LEAGUE baseball was sitting back and loving every bit of it......BUT now they want to keep them out of the HOF when all these players brought back the game and the fans..ratings and etc....

Maybe steroids doesn't help him hit a curve, slider, etc..., but it does help the ball get over the fence instead of dropping short for a routine flyout. Gold glove for the outfield doesn't impress me much.

I say take the records away from all of them and let the records belong to the players I want my kids to look up to, instead of the cheaters. My kid can't even drive his truck to school without someone testing him for drugs/steroids, yet society wants to let Bonds and other's cheating accomplishments stand. Where are our sense of values? Leave my kid alone, he's done nothing wrong.

Gabe, I don't think the excuse that "everybody else was doing it" has ever held water.

I would like to see this handled just like they do in Track & Field.  Your records are gone, you return your awards, and you are suspended.  Period.

I have admired Hank Aaron since I was a kid.  I am old enough that he was still playing when I was a kid, and he always carried himself well.  And every one of his home runs is legit.

I would like to see this handled just like they do in Track & Field.  Your records are gone, you return your awards, and you are suspended.  Period.

I have admired Hank Aaron since I was a kid.  I am old enough that he was still playing when I was a kid, and he always carried himself well.  And every one of his home runs is legit.

BINGO!!!!

when bonds went to philly for a road series, their fans always had this sign in lf

“Ruth did it on hotdogs and beer, Aaron did it with class. What are you doing it with Barry?â€

aaron, never a man with much charisma, but a ton of class. the guy never hit 50 hr's in a season, what consistency. not only did he hit for power, he actually had more rbi's than bonds or ruth.

Guest baseball25

Bonds won 3mvps without the stuff....Like i said dont hate the player hate the game......Major league baseball let thi shappen......they didnt have a steroid policy still 2003....I've played the game at the div 1 level and i know what it takes to hit a baseball and how hard it is and the discpline you have to have at the plate.....the guy was a 5 tool player.....I mean the only people that care about this stuff are people that don't know the game that well and prob aren't to good at the game....I mean you got to have the talent for that stuff to work....just not any joe blow can take the stuff and it helps him become a stud player......Imean you have MEDIA people that vote for HOF I mean come on.......LIKE I SAID MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL wont take any fault about this this BS.....THEY LET THIS HAPPEN.......They wanted to LONG ball and the RATINGS and they got it.....I rem i was at astros game when bonds tied the record and ever fan there was rooting for him and cheering him on.....they were booing there own team becasue the would walk bonds on purpose...PEOPLE knew wat was going on then....But not you want to hate the player and not the game.....its BASEball fault

I think Bonds entering the HOF is the least of his worries right now. There's a federal grand jury he has to answer to and it doesn't look good. You don't lie to grand juries. Bonds, what a peach of a guy he is. He'd let people rot in jail for him. Of course his trainer is probably getting hush money, but still, sit in jail...and he may be going back?

I don't care for Bonds, A-Rod, Giambi, Clemens, Sosa, McGwire, any of them that used steroids to make them bigger than life (pun intended).

baseball25, you are right. Average Joe isn't going to benefit much from using steroids. It will help a good player be better, but it will help a great player be the record holder instead of just one in a top ten list. I feel so sorry for the guys who were the best players without steroids (Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, Nolan Ryan, Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris) being overshadowed by those that had to cheat because "they really weren't better".

Impressive quotes...read them all.  I didn't think Texas cared too much about what Barry did/does..I guess those of us on the East Coast (grew up there/lived there 34 years)...just assume if it doesn't involve Nolan Ryan, Troy Aikman, David Robinson, or Mary Lou ...no one cares...Thank you...keep posting, I will read them all.

I remember watching the Pirates play during the late 80's, and Barry Bonds batted just b4 Bobby "hit my head with the bat" Bonilla...It was great, especially when Bonds got on base or homered, the other would always try to out hit the former...then the year after the Pirates lost to Atlanta the second time....Bonds left....and Pittsburgh has not won more than 80 games since, and only did that once I think.

Where have you gone Joe Dimaggio, our nation turns it lonely eyes to you!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham