Sore Arms?

RIP09

It's that time of the year. With a week of practice behind us, how are the arms holding up? I know some coaches like to throw a tremendous amount in the early going trying to assess the talent. It almost always leads to some sore arms and hopefully that's all. How's everyone holding up? Hopefully everyone is staying healthy! Looking forward to a great season for all the SETX teams! Good luck to all!

IMOP you should stay in shape year round to prevent having a sore arm. Preperation,hard work and discipline are keys to success.30-40 pitches a couple a days a week all year should keep your arm ready to go.

IMOP you should stay in shape year round to prevent having a sore arm. Preperation,hard work and discipline are keys to success.30-40 pitches a couple a days a week all year should keep your arm ready to go.

I think this might help but it's definitely not a guarantee. Not only that but for an athlete that is also playing other sports, finding enough time to throw is a little more difficult. A lot of it depends on the type of practice a coach runs and how much throwing is involved in the early stages of the season. You can't expect all of the kids to be in midseason form when the season is just starting. Maybe the baseball only player, but not the multisport athlete.

I cant believe that a multi sport athlete cannot find time to throw a couple of days a week. It doesnt take up much time and most at the high school level are not using up their extra time very productivly if they are not making time to do so. Basketball players need to take it upon themselves to be ready because baseball scrimmages begin before basketball is over.IMO

Guest rambleonus

Sorry about being condescending.  Nothing personnel.  Some kids need to have a break to make it less like a job.  Remember these are kids and the main priority should be school.  Sports are extracurricular if I remember.  No one has mentioned school in any of the last couple of post. 

Guest Orangeboy

I've got 2.  ;D

Left one hurts from throwing so many pitches over the last week.

Right ones killing me cause my son wanted to play catch and brought me his spare glove (a righty). Always wanted to learn how to throw with both though.  :D

I've got 2.  ;D

Left one hurts from throwing so many pitches over the last week.

Right ones killing me cause my son wanted to play catch and brought me his spare glove (a righty). Always wanted to learn how to throw with both though.  :D

That's probably just old age....don't you think  ;D ;D ;D

Hey Rambler....you forgot deer hunting and fishing.....also, what the sun got to do with anything.  Just go inside and turn on a light....

Sore arms are the product of three things:

1)  lack of use

2)  overuse

3)  improper mechanics

Thank you! Someone understands that you can be prepared with out killing yourself.30-40 a couple times a week great plan. If you want to keep your arm in shape it really isnt that hard,unless you dont have electricity or know you dont know anyone that does. ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou