The SLC question remains

UNLV

Guest coachacola

How many SE Texas guys did McNeese State sign this year? None, that is just the start of many years to come.

So what? Is that going to translate to SLC dominance? I'm sure they'll be back in the area next year if they really want to pound the pavement and once the SETX area people see LU get outdrawn (and beat) at Cardinal Stadium by the Pokes, that may make a difference. Figure McNeese will outdraw the Cards, especially for games in November if the weather drops lower than 60 degrees.

Looking at their signees, they had MORE success in terms of quality of player in the Houston area than any team in the SLC. From my recollection, there tends to be more Div I players in the Houston area than SETX. McNeese out-recruited several regional FBS programs IMO and I am sure that's an opinion shared by people who are more in the know than I.

I guess because SHSU sucks so bad at football you have to come here bragging about McNeese football?  :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abovetherim

Yep, you're correct they got 3 FBS transfers. However, I know a lot of McNeese State alumni and there is talk of reducing their athletic budget which will hurt recruiting. BTW, it's not just McNeese but all Louisiana schools including LSU.

McNeese's '09 recruiting class is better than LU's. Anyone is kidding themselves if they think otherwise.

Always good to see someone with an unbiased opinion on this board.

Yep, you're correct they got 3 FBS transfers. However, I know a lot of McNeese State alumni and there is talk of reducing their athletic budget which will hurt recruiting. BTW, it's not just McNeese but all Louisiana schools including LSU.

All schools are feeling the pinch. The Louisiana schools more than the Texas schools - but there was even an article today in the SHSU student paper about the pinch with the Bearkat program. I'm sure you guys are feeling too and with the addition of football, it could impact basketball...

I guess because SHSU sucks so bad at football you have to come here bragging about McNeese football?   :D

McNeese football was originally brought up by another poster. I'm in the camp of thinking that the end of LU football did not "create" what is now McNeese football. It had an impact, but not a dramatic one, especially considering how awful a football program LU was for the second half of their time in the SLC and those years afterwards.

SHSU football has never slumped as bad as LU did and of course, when LU was around, they had problems beating a SHSU squad that was not even on the same level (NCAA, NAIA-wise) as they were...go figure! Of course, LU has had problems as of late beating sub-Div I teams. I seem to recall a few losses in men's hoops. ;)

Guest coachacola

Can't live with past success or the lack thereof; right TT?

ABR - you know how it is on this board. Living in the past...

Of course, I do my best to bring up both past and present - though some of you may want to block out the present based on recent performances.  :P

Nobody here lives in the past.  But you seem to have no problem bringing up Lamar's past when it suits you but when we do it you call it "living in the past."  You like having things both ways.

This is a Lamar fan board so if you're looking for unbiased commentary you came to the wrong place.

More like 5 FBS transfers.

I go along with Zem's way of thinking.  You can't judge recruiting classes until 3 or 4 years down the line when you see who is still around and how they are contributing to the program. 

Doc

Really, I know about the two from A&M and one from Nebraska. Who are the other two? Agree about judging recruiting classes.

Safety for Tulane who was a starter and left because he didn't like his defensive coach being fired.  And a WR from Central Florida.

Story on all of them is here:

This is the hidden content, please

Doc

We will be one of the top attendance draws in FCS our first year... I agree with you LU Cards.... But unless we get into a better conference it will not last...

I think you better do some research before you start making that claim.  No way you get anywhere close to the top programs like Montana, App. st., Delaware, some of the HBCU's, etc.    Your stadium is not big enough to allow those numbers.

Doc

Guest abovetherim

LUFAN, you need to know who you are debating. This guy thinks McNeese will draw more fans in Beaumont than Lamar will for a home contest.

I have a lot of friends who are McNeese alumni and they all think the same way.

Like I tell them, there is no way there will be more blue and gold in Beaumont I don't care how well they travel.  :D :D :D

BTW, LSU sucks too!  ;D ;D

That was awesome ABTR... I think I have been pissing some folks off today... And there is no way in heck that McNeese will bring more fans to Beaumont that what we will have... Go dream.... and yes LSU does suck and I believe they are on the bottom tier academically as well..

over on the mcneese board were getting ripped to shreds.the rivalry is back!!!!i love it.the cowgirls are pissed they lost there honey hole.they better keep a steady flow of transfers because there not getting jack from se tx.once we finish our facilities there gonna lose the houston area also.

over on the mcneese board were getting ripped to shreds.the rivalry is back!!!!i love it.the cowgirls are pissed they lost there honey hole.they better keep a steady flow of transfers because there not getting jack from se tx.once we finish our facilities there gonna lose the houston area also.

Do you have a link? Nothin' like rowlin up some cajuns!

Pokes - LU's fans remind me a lot of ULL's fans about a year and a half ago. Kept saying they were not going to be outdrawn. Their radio guy even called McNeese a 'JV' team.

What happens? Pokes come in droves. One of largest attendances ever and McNeese lays the wood to the school that thinks they are the "University of Louisiana"...

Pokes - LU's fans remind me a lot of ULL's fans about a year and a half ago. Kept saying they were not going to be outdrawn. Their radio guy even called McNeese a 'JV' team.

What happens? Pokes come in droves. One of largest attendances ever and McNeese lays the wood to the school that thinks they are the "University of Louisiana"...

ULL is not LU. Mcneese 15 minutes is now over.

LUFAN, you need to know who you are debating. This guy thinks McNeese will draw more fans in Beaumont than Lamar will for a home contest.

I have a lot of friends who are McNeese alumni and they all think the same way.

Like I tell them, there is no way there will be more blue and gold in Beaumont I don't care how well they travel.  :D :D :D

BTW, LSU sucks too!  ;D ;D

I think you have me mistaken for someone else because I have never made a statement like that.

Doc

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43