Think it will happen?

Guest JoesBros

it could very well happen.  Will Dunn help them enough to win the division or wildcard ??? My thinking is no.  While Dunn may hit 40 bombs, he is still going to strike out 200 times, and he doesn't pitch wich is what the Stros really need.  In order for them to have a realistic shot at the postseason they need at the very least another top line starter.

Didn't like the idea at first.  Looking at his stats, he only has 3 seasons in the .260's, the other 6 other years below .250 and was previously mentioned, strikes out close to 200 times a season.  However, he consistantly drives in and scores 100+ runs. Can the Astros offer him better protection around him in the batting order than the Reds to give him a chance to see better pitches? I don't think the quality starting pitching is out there to acquire to help them much.  Gave away most of their young talent for Tejada last year. Time to start growing their own pitching as they had done so well in the past.

Guest JoesBros

I think it could work. Can you imagine the middle of the lineup? Berkman,Tejada,Lee,Dunn! Bourne is better off coming off the bench and I think Pence could do good covering center field. Also keep in mind where Dunn is from.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham