Any Play-off Previews this Year?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HJ needs to worry about WOS on Friday before thinking about Silsbee next week.

Either that or they might flip a coin.  It would only be for seeding.  They would share 1st place.  However if HJ did win I feel that both would want to play for seeding.  The 1st place team in the district has a much easier path than the 2nd.

It's still early but i heard through the grapevine that if silsbee wins against hj and wins the district then they would try to get a warmup game against either Houston wheatly or Houston yates or another 5a team that is big upfront and can run. this comming from one of the silsbee coaches.

Guest DickVitale

Silsbee wants NO PART of Houston Yates....That would be DEVASTATING, and if they agree to play I would be shocked...Houston Wheatley would beat Silsbee pretty bad too, but Yates would be a match-up NIGHTMARE...They don't want that right before the playoffs.

Silsbee wants NO PART of Houston Yates....That would be DEVASTATING, and if they agree to play I would be shocked...Houston Wheatley would beat Silsbee pretty bad too, but Yates would be a match-up NIGHTMARE...They don't want that right before the playoffs.

In your opinion. ::) Maybe Travis and Ira do want that right before playoffs. I would tend to trust their judgement on the Tiger team's needs over yours. ::)

Guest DickVitale

Playoff basketball is about momentum...I DOUBT that Travis wants to get a 40-50 point loss going into the playoffs, though, knowing Greg Wise (Yates Head Coach) I doubt he would even waste their time playing Silsbee...Silsbee has a shot to win a 3A title this year...Leave it at that...They should not try to bite off more than they can chew playing a Yates team that is clearly on a mission.  Besides they take 4 teams to the playoffs in 4A and 5A this season so that can't happen anyway...Stop being a homer AAW and realize your teams limitations. Yates would beat the heck out of Silsbee....really...And I know, "we only lost to Ozen by 1 point!" Yeah..That was Novemeber.....Wanna play them again now? That would be a beating..bad beating....Still pulling for your tigers though, don't get me wrong...Just a little reality check...Silsbee is 3A tough....keep that in mind.

I think alot of you thought this when HJ played Wheatley a few years ago and almost beat them.  This Silsbee team is better than that HJ team.  So never say never!

I think its a good  idea if you want to be the best you have to beat the best..  a while back ago kountze took on the 5a champions milby and played them really close and endded winnig the 3a championship.. But this want be an easy game i think silsbee would hang around for a while but Wheatley will pull away win by 15

Guest DickVitale

And thats all good, but Yates would absolutely PUNISH Silsbee...Seriously. They don't need that type of a beating going to the playoffs, and it would be just that, too!

Guest nostradamus

Like I said.  You said a few years ago that HJ was crazy to play wheatley and they would KILL them!  You were wrong!!

By the way...........Southland is not the worst league in the country

Guest DickVitale

And thats all good, but Yates would absolutely PUNISH Silsbee...Seriously. They don't need that type of a beating going to the playoffs, and it would be just that, too!

No different than the beating that you are taking at LSC-PA!!!! ;D ;D ;D

That's hilarious...how long did it take you to come up with that one?  ::)...BTW, what's LU's record again? In the SOUTHLAND conference....Thats a JV league!! ;)....You dont wanna go there bro! ;)

I think its a good  idea if you want to be the best you have to beat the best..  a while back ago kountze took on the 5a champions milby and played them really close and endded winnig the 3a championship.. But this want be an easy game i think silsbee would hang around for a while but Wheatley will pull away win by 15

That Kountze team was one of the best teams from this area ever! The Silsbee  and H-J teams this year couldnt compare to tha lions that year.

Guest stevenash

JV leagues - are those the leagues that Kirbyville and Anahuac play in?

Surely you aren't going to say that "Mack" Scalabrine is a jv-er are you?(from an upclose and personal perspective, of course)

Guest DickVitale

JV leagues - are those the leagues that Kirbyville and Anahuac play in?

Surely you aren't going to say that "Mack" Scalabrine is a jv-er are you?(from an upclose and personal perspective, of course)

What the heck are you talking about?

new waverly is 2a

Thought they were 3A....well then I guess that WOULD be a good deal for them.

Guest stevenash

Not sure what "hech" is ( just wanted to get that in before you re-type or claim it was a joke or a test: both of which only magnify my point).  In any case, those are names and places that I, this non urban hick , pulled out of a hat.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05