Silsbee JV

With a win Friday night against Hamshire-Fannett, Silsbee JV will clinch the district championship. They are undefeated in district like their fellow varsity mates and that's with 3 of the JV players now on varsity along with 2 other soph. that are starters on varsity.

Great job Coach Ira Brooks and great season to the JV players.

Tiger Basketball Tradition continues.

Guest ST4life

Congrats!!!!! Silsbee JV

Since the Varsity team will have (Hill, Stallworth, Lane, Thomas, #14, Harris, etc.) coming back and some good JV players moving up I think Silsbee will be a very hard team to beat in 21-3a for about 2 more years.....

Guest nostradamus
I only say that cause HJ will graduate there best 2 players Benard and Burrell and really dont have anybody to fill those shoes.......

You're right......HJ's program will likely be the equivalent of a suicidal person tetering on the edge of a cliff in the grand canyon

Silsbee loses the gasoline that fuels their engine (Robinson) but, magically they have got that covered......but HJ has no replacement for their "gasoline"? ::)

BTW,  congrats to Coach Brooks who does a great job with the kids.

I only say that cause HJ will graduate there best 2 players Benard and Burrell and really dont have anybody to fill those shoes.......

You're right......HJ's program will likely be the equivalent of a suicidal person tetering on the edge of a cliff in the grand canyon

Silsbee loses the gasoline that fuels their engine (Robinson) but, magically they have got that covered......but HJ has no replacement for their "gasoline"? ::)

BTW,  congrats to Coach Brooks who does a great job with the kids.

I detect sarcasm  ;D ;D :D :D

Guest stevenash

Interesting - just recently the HJ people were scolded for touting the success of their freshman program.  Would this mean that the JV program IS a relative issue but the Freshman program IS NOT?  As for HJ not having anyone to "fill their shoes" I can confidently assure you that Mr. Turner will compare quite favorably to whomever replaces Mr. Robinson.

Guest nostradamus
I can confidently assure you that Mr. Turner will compare quite favorably to whomever replaces Mr. Robinson.

This line got me thinking......if only one of the players being discussed had the last name of Jones.......the song popped in my head......yeah....you know the one.....

"Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and Mrs..........Mrs. Jones.........."

LOVE that song!

Guest stevenash

No doubt we can assume that HJ will be the district cellar dweller ( am hopeful they can win 1 or 2 district games to avoid the bagel in the win column)next year as Silsbee goes undefeated in district for the next two years and gathers their third consecutive state championship.  That is based upon the JV success but recent "rulings" say that the fact that their freshman team was comparatively weak does not have anything to do with their future outlook. When factoring all of this enlightened information, I can now confidently say that when Silsbee greets HJ next Tuesday night in their own gym, they will win by no less than 40.

How quickly this gets turned to a HJ/Silsbee pissing contest. All I wanted with this thread was to praise the Silsbee JV and Coach Brooks. Then another Tiger fan has to bring HJ into it and the flood gates open with all the condescending Hawk fans and their remarks.

ST4life, there is no guarentee that Silsbee will be on top next year, but I like their chances. HJ will be fine, their coaching staff alone will keep them near the top.

Nos, your feathers get ruffled pretty easily, you need tougher skin. ;)

As for Mr. Nash, his comments are not surpising, he is as sarcastic as they come.

How quickly this gets turned to a HJ/Silsbee pissing contest. All I wanted with this thread was to praise the Silsbee JV and Coach Brooks. Then another Tiger fan has to bring HJ into it and the flood gates open with all the condescending Hawk fans and their remarks.

ST413, there is no guarentee that Silsbee will be on top next year, but I like their chances. HJ will be fine, their coaching staff alone will keep them near the top.

As for Mr. Nash, his comments are not surpising, he is as sarcastic as they come.

Mike

You could start a whole new topic HJ/Silsbee pissing contest who would win? just kiddin ;D

ST4life, there is no guarentee that Silsbee will be on top next year, but I like their chances. HJ will be fine, their coaching staff alone will keep them near the top.

How is this any different than the HJ post last week when a HJ freshman player said they had gone undefeated so far.  Silsbee fans jumped on him and said that under levels scores and records were irrelevant!!!!!!

How is this any different than the HJ post last week when a HJ freshman player said they had gone undefeated so far.  Silsbee fans jumped on him and said that under levels scores and records were irrelevant!!!!!!

I am not condoning what any other Silsbee fan said in that thread. I am only defending what I posted here in this thread. I don't think that underlevel scores and records are irrelevant. I do think that they have nothing to do with how they will perform at the varsity level. Lot's of things can change in that short of time.

I only posted that Silsbee JV is on the verge of winning a district championship, not that they will win a district championship at the varsity level. That remains to be seen.

Guest nostradamus
Nos, your feathers get ruffled pretty easily, you need tougher skin. Wink

Your assumption is that my feathers get ruffled easily.....I would say that is tough to gather on a message board.

Any responses to ANYTHING ST4life says is 100% brought on by himself.

I think if you'll check the last line in my original post.....you'll see that I congratulated and complimented Coach Brooks as well.  I would also think that my posts regarding the song "Me and Mrs. Jones" would be a context clue as to my whole take on the exchanges. 

Guest ST4life

Congrats!!!!!

Since the Varsity team will have (Hill, Stallworth, Lane, Thomas, #14, Harris, etc.) coming back I think Silsbee will be on top of the district for atleast 2 more years.....

This is the way I think it will go down..........

If you have a problem with my post then respond to it and tell me why I am wrong instead of being sarcastic..........

Give a list of players that you think HJ will have next year that can match-up with the players I listed for Silsbee.........

Guest ST4life

How about we just play the games that are scheduled next year.....it's all just talk right now, You have already been crowned state champs this year but I think it's a little premature to crown yourselfs for next year as well..... ;):D

Ok I understand that all you HJ fans really dont have an answer to the question.......... ::)

Guest ST4life

Congrats!!!!! Silsbee JV

Since the Varsity team will have (Hill, Stallworth, Lane, Thomas, #14, Harris, etc.) coming back and some good JV players moving up I think Silsbee will be a very hard team to beat in 21-3a for about 2 more years.....

I changed it for all you  :'(

Guest nostradamus
If you have a problem with my post then respond to it and tell me why I am wrong instead of being sarcastic..........

Sarcastic??.......well......because your posts are humorous at best and deserve nothing more than sarcasm.  You speak as if you are very aware of HJ's underlevels and what players they have coming.  For someone who has admitted to not seeing very many Silsbee games this year, I find it hard to believe you have any clue as to what HJ's future holds.  So your less than quantitative assumption regarding HJ's ability to fill the shoes of Benard and Burrell is a "shot in the dark" at best.

Guest ST4life

Sarcastic??.......well......because your posts are humorous at best and deserve nothing more than sarcasm.  You speak as if you are very aware of HJ's underlevels and what players they have coming.  For someone who has admitted to not seeing very many Silsbee games this year, I find it hard to believe you have any clue as to what HJ's future holds.  So your less than quantitative assumption regarding HJ's ability to fill the shoes of Benard and Burrell is a "shot in the dark" at best.

If it is a shot in the dark then please inform me on who will fill those shoes for HJ......... ::)

What evidance do you have that says I have not been to a game this season......

I went to the one at HJ and saw HJ lose by 10 points.....

I will give you the example that you are looking for ST4life.........TWO YEARS AGO!!!!!

Just because Silsbee has better athletes does not mean that they will beat HJ ever year.....Silsbee will alwas have better athletes than HJ does.  HJ wins with basketball players and not athletes.  Silsbee wins with athletes and some basketball players.  Byars and Walters are basketball players and not athletes.  I am not saying that they are not athletic!!!!  Do not misquote me!!!!!  Robinson is a combo of both.  The others are all athletes.  Right now the athletes are beating the basketball players.  Things change.  You are speculating that just because Silsbee's JV is undefeated that the reign will continue next season.  Need I remind you that the HJ JV and Freshman both went undefeated last season.  Now the Varsity is behind the 8 ball......8 ball being Silsbee. 

As far as names are concerned I can throw out a few for next years HJ Varsity:

Turner

Ricossa

Gustafson

Venable

Sutherland

Morrison

Persohn

Corbello

Anderson

Prudhome

• Member Statistics