Silsbee JV

How quickly this gets turned to a HJ/Silsbee pissing contest. All I wanted with this thread was to praise the Silsbee JV and Coach Brooks. Then another Tiger fan has to bring HJ into it and the flood gates open with all the condescending Hawk fans and their remarks.

ST4life, there is no guarentee that Silsbee will be on top next year, but I like their chances. HJ will be fine, their coaching staff alone will keep them near the top.

Nos, your feathers get ruffled pretty easily, you need tougher skin. ;)

As for Mr. Nash, his comments are not surpising, he is as sarcastic as they come.

How is this any different than the HJ post last week when a HJ freshman player said they had gone undefeated so far.  Silsbee fans jumped on him and said that under levels scores and records were irrelevant!!!!!!

I am not condoning what any other Silsbee fan said in that thread. I am only defending what I posted here in this thread. I don't think that underlevel scores and records are irrelevant. I do think that they have nothing to do with how they will perform at the varsity level. Lot's of things can change in that short of time.

I only posted that Silsbee JV is on the verge of winning a district championship, not that they will win a district championship at the varsity level. That remains to be seen.

thats right AAW... why the hell would you put this.. i dont care... if ya'll jump on us for talking about how our freshman team killed ya'lls then this is stupid also....

How quickly this gets turned to a HJ/Silsbee pissing contest. All I wanted with this thread was to praise the Silsbee JV and Coach Brooks. Then another Tiger fan has to bring HJ into it and the flood gates open with all the condescending Hawk fans and their remarks.

ST4life, there is no guarentee that Silsbee will be on top next year, but I like their chances. HJ will be fine, their coaching staff alone will keep them near the top.

Nos, your feathers get ruffled pretty easily, you need tougher skin. ;)

As for Mr. Nash, his comments are not surpising, he is as sarcastic as they come.

How is this any different than the HJ post last week when a HJ freshman player said they had gone undefeated so far.  Silsbee fans jumped on him and said that under levels scores and records were irrelevant!!!!!!

I am not condoning what any other Silsbee fan said in that thread. I am only defending what I posted here in this thread. I don't think that underlevel scores and records are irrelevant. I do think that they have nothing to do with how they will perform at the varsity level. Lot's of things can change in that short of time.

I only posted that Silsbee JV is on the verge of winning a district championship, not that they will win a district championship at the varsity level. That remains to be seen.

thats right AAW... why the heck would you put this.. i dont care... if ya'll jump on us for talking about how our freshman team killed ya'lls then this is stupid also....

I did not jump on anyone about HJ's freshman team beating Silsbee. I never said it was stupid.

What I do think is stupid is ANYONE claiming that because a freshman or JV team beat another, that will directly result in that team beating them on the varsity level. That's ludicrous.

Guest ST4life

I will give you the example that you are looking for ST4life.........TWO YEARS AGO!!!!!

Just because Silsbee has better athletes does not mean that they will beat HJ ever year.....Silsbee will alwas have better athletes than HJ does.  HJ wins with basketball players and not athletes.  Silsbee wins with athletes and some basketball players.  Byars and Walters are basketball players and not athletes.  I am not saying that they are not athletic!!!!  Do not misquote me!!!!!  Robinson is a combo of both.  The others are all athletes.  Right now the athletes are beating the basketball players.  Things change.  You are speculating that just because Silsbee's JV is undefeated that the reign will continue next season.  Need I remind you that the HJ JV and Freshman both went undefeated last season.  Now the Varsity is behind the 8 ball......8 ball being Silsbee. 

As far as names are concerned I can throw out a few for next years HJ Varsity:

Turner

Ricossa

Gustafson

Venable

Sutherland

Morrison

Persohn

Corbello

Anderson

Prudhome

I disagree with you cause Burrel and Benard are very good players and athletes for HJ...........They score most of the shots for HJ true?

Just like Robinson and Hill does for Silsbee but Hill will be back for Silsbee next year................

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05