WOS at HJ Updates!!!/HJ Wins

Lazeek

Great way to end it at the Hawks' Nest.  Sophomore PG Garrett Gustafson played his best varsity game.  Jacoby just flat-out went off.  Trey was finishing all sorts of slicing and slashing drives.  Ricossa scored inside.  WO-S really had no answer for these four.  Several bench players hit threes.  Jarvis, who has scored over 2000 points in his HJ career, so far, played fine-- there was just no need for him to shoot much tonight.   The team D was daunting, despite the dastardly refs, doing their worst.

I've seen every varsity boys basketball game played in that gym over this past five seasons, including summer league play.  What great coaches, players, and fans!  Here's hoping the next gym will be all this gym has been!

Guest nostradamus

VERY VERY VERY proud of our seniors tonight.  This group of seniors include a 4 year varsity letterman, a 2K + career scorer, and two of the greatest TEAM guys that coaches could EVER EVER ask for and they are a combined 103-14 over their varsity span (with a minimum of 2 games left).  What a night to shut down Hawk Gym and turn the lights out on a place that has seen so many good players and has been home so many special memories and to top it all off we were graced with the presence of many members of the 1967 first ever state championship team at HJ (as they were honored tonight).  While I am super excited to open up our new school and gym next year there will be some things that can never be replaced.  This is the gym I grew up in.....watching the likes of Rocky Rocquemore, David Martel, and Sam Williams to name a few.  This is the gym where I was fortunate enough to be part of some very special teams and this is a gym where I have been fortunate enough to coach so many great kids and see them succeed.  The new gym will be great but, there will never be another like the orginal Hawk Gym.

I like the small gym with the low ceiling and the tightness of the old Hawk Gym.  Although I have seen the new gym and it will be very nice.  It will be similar in size to BC and OF from what I have seen.  It just won't be the same though!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Yea,  thats good i thought yall would have a big gym

congrats to the seniors and escpically to trey and jarvis there as been alot of people signally calling them out on this board and no matter what they say this guys are leaving with  over 100 wins in the career and as state champions... what more can u ask for...

as for gym i have had alot of great memories there i always loved going to it with the great fans and tradition there.. watching hj play silsbee and kountze for the past 10 years is what high school basketball is all about

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05