EC alive & kickin'!

Guest ECBucFan

Guest ECBucFan

After a 1- 11 start to the season, most everyone on this board, and even a few in the EC community wrote off the Bucs this year. After years of deep runs into the playoffs and the graduations of Thomas, McDonald & Co., along with the departure of coach Hargraves (who would have thunk it?) almost no one gave these Bucs and Coach Andrews much of a chance to make the playoffs.

Well, look who just clinched!  ;D  The quiet confidence I had the entire season that things would come around just proved out.

Great job by the 2009 Bucs, and coaches Andrews, Fontenot, and De Lord. Good luck in the playoffs!  ;D ;D ;D

Guest aschrapps

Its not like they got in a very tough district. Ive seen East Chambers play a couple times and they just seem so disfunctional. no offense not tough on defense. i dont see them making it far at all.

Guest ECBucFan

Its not like they got in a very tough district. Ive seen East Chambers play a couple times and they just seem so disfunctional. no offense not tough on defense. i dont see them making it far at all.

"Making it far" wasn't really the point of my post. Of course we want them to go as far as possible, but just getting in when they were "wrote off" earlier in the year is a huge accomplishment. Almost no one thought they would be in, after starting 1-11. The Bucs might just have more surprises in store. This ain't the same team that was 1-11...  ;D

Guest ECBucFan

I don't care who EC may or may not "have on the horizon". EC will play when a lot of teams are finished. This year is a fantastic success story! Great job Bucs!  ;D

Guest baseball25

Warren- they split with hardin and played kountze tough..,deweyville- with double OT with hardin but lost and played EC close, and anahuac played everyone close... last year these teams could have won a game in the 1st round of the playoffs last year....this year its 2 teams in the district thats worth a darn........I mean Buna,hardin,deweyville,and EC there pretty weak and I mean weak.....I mean Ec beat Hardin by 6 and hardin had 3 players playing the last 2 mins lol and they beat both deweyville and Buna in OT....I mean the district is awful this year just plain and simple.....

Do not be upset and claim that the district is down since EC made it and maybe they are down this year, but they are the 3rd best team in the district.  Your just upset because your team is sitting home and you think that EC stinks and they beat you and made the playoffs.  I remember you and I arguing a few months ago about EC.........you said it was one thing and I said it was another.  So be it..........EC made the playoffs and your team did not. ;) ;) ;)

Guest baseball25

I don't mind them being in the playoffs....I knew we were going to struggle this year becasue our 2 best athletes in the school didn't playing...Believe me I am not upset about it when we have 3 starters coming back  and 2 freshman that contributed and  matured as players..  and then you got  Villemez and Davis will be playing next year ...We were young this year........All I am saying is the district is very very weak and its 2 teams deep.....I never said that I am upset....nothing to be upset about Hardin went through growing pains this year....

Guest ECBucFan

Do not be upset and claim that the district is down since EC made it and maybe they are down this year, but they are the 3rd best team in the district.  Your just upset because your team is sitting home and you think that EC stinks and they beat you and made the playoffs.  .......... So be it..........EC made the playoffs and your team did not. ;) ;) ;)

Thank you! Clearly, some bitter, disgruntled posters are having a severe case of sour grapes right now. Doesn't really  matter, though; the 1-11 team everyone considered dead is moving on, and some others are not. Great success story by the 2009 Bucs!  ;D 

I don't mind them being in the playoffs....I knew we were going to struggle this year becasue our 2 best athletes in the school didn't playing...Believe me I am not upset about it when we have 3 starters coming back  and 2 freshman that contributed and  matured as players..  and then you got  Villemez and Davis will be playing next year ...We were young this year........All I am saying is the district is very very weak and its 2 teams deep.....I never said that I am upset....nothing to be upset about Hardin went through growing pains this year....

EC went through growing pains as well...

Guest ECBucFan

You are right! It would be hard to find a team that had to "start over" as much as EC did, after losing Thomas, V-Mac & Co. That group had been on the court for the last 4 years. EC went though a huge readjustment in 2009. 

i must admit, i wrote EC off after their horrendous 1-11 start.  i don't care how "down" the district is, to come back after that and make the playoffs says a ton about both the heart of the players and the ability of the coaching staff. 

I agree bullets. I watched EC early in the year and they really were struggling. I was able to broadcast one of their games later and I saw a real improvement from the first time I saw them. It's a tribute to the players and Coach Andrews and Coach Fontnot for their determination to keep the Buc Basketball tradition going, by making the playoffs once again. Congrats gentlemen, good job!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham