Looking forward to LU's future with this guy running the point

Guest mffl

Seems like we're getting a steal here. I'm excited about this guy. (Oh and this is just a paragraph out of an article about one of his teammates).

While Pinnacle and Head Coach Charlie Wilde have relied heavily on the play of 6-foot senior point guard Nuno Muandumba (Lamar University signee) this season (21.1 ppg), the Pioneers have to be happy with the emergence this high school season of their senior post.

Okay, before you get all happy about this kid, there is something you guys need to understand about my sport. I'm not saying he isn't close to the real deal, but a lot of these kids lack the speed and quickness to continue their 20 point averages even on a level with mid major ball. But we will see.

Okay, before you get all happy about this kid, there is something you guys need to understand about my sport. I'm not saying he isn't close to the real deal, but a lot of these kids lack the speed and quickness to continue their 20 point averages even on a level with mid major ball. But we will see.

I know that, but with the mood and perception on this board gotta have something to cheer you up. Who knows if his HS game is going to be quick enough to adjust to the D1 level unless someone on this board lives in Arizona. However, ESPN has him rated pretty high and I think the guy who has only been playing for 4 years so he probably has some of his best basketball ahead of him.

I like the direction of the recruits. More Four year guys. We need some continuity.

From what I have read about Nuno in AAU which is where he faces the real D1 competition, he is a legit PG for tha SLC. Also the Brown kid from Chicago plays for Whitney Young which means he has played against some of the top talent in the nation. If you look at there schedule it is filled with the best programs: Oak Hill, St. Benedicts, Meiter Dei, St. Pats...You name it they have played them. So he should be battle tested before he gets here.

Add those guys with Miles and Harper and it looks like a pretty good foundation. We will see.

I like the direction of the recruits. More Four year guys. We need some continuity.

From what I have read about Nuno in AAU which is where he faces the real D1 competition, he is a legit PG for tha SLC. Also the Brown kid from Chicago plays for Whitney Young which means he has played against some of the top talent in the nation. If you look at there schedule it is filled with the best programs: Oak Hill, St. Benedicts, Meiter Dei, St. Pats...You name it they have played them. So he should be battle tested before he gets here.

Add those guys with Miles and Harper and it looks like a pretty good foundation. We will see.

I don't see Miles at this stage carrying this team next year.

I don't see Miles at this stage carrying this team next year.

He wont be asked to carry this team next year. Nabors and Hall will be the go to guys next year, which probably doesn't bode well for LU, but Miles and Nuno will be the PG's.

We will have much more experience next year.. this year we have and will have a young team next year...but Brandon Moton... Ashton Hall... plus Nabors... hopefully Custer if he can get a bit stronger, he has improved a ton since last year and I sure hope that it continues.... and who ever our point is going to be will be our starting line up... Our bench strength will be much better next year as well. They will all have a full year of experience and a lot more conditioning and such...

This season has frustrated me more than any so far... we started off so well then the wheels fell off.

I did not realize that Dr. James Naismith was with us!  ;D

I did not realize that Dr. James Naismith was with us!  ;D

I admit, I do get upset sometimes when Naismith get the credit for my game. Peach baskets..sheez!

I think Nuno will battle Miles for the starting PG position next year.  If that's good or bad remains to be seen.

Thats good! Then these guys need to work hard during the off-season and get prepared for the better player to win. I hate to watch pg's who can't create for himself nor his team. Just dribble and pass...boring.

Guest coachacola

I don't think Anthony is a PG at all. Thats why TJ Riley has started with him, he was more of a scoring combo guard in HS.

His profile says he played both point guard and shooting guard in high school.  If he's going to be a shooting guard then he needs to be deadly from behind the arc.  It should be interesting to see how much improvement he, Harper and Williams make between now and next year.  With possibly both Moton and EB Davis coming next year (2 big shooting guards) then Lamar should be pretty deep (although somewhat young) at the guard position.

I think Anthony read this thread before the game, here are his stats starting in place of Kenny:

15 points 4 assists 4 rebounds and 0 TO's. He might have some potential as our future PG after all.

I think Anthony read this thread before the game, here are his stats starting in place of Kenny:

15 points 4 assists 4 rebounds and 0 TO's. He might have some potential as our future PG after all.

Well, it's nice to know that "we" have some sort of impact on the players at Lamar. May I suggest they keep reading.  Example, I also thought maybe The Hall kid from Kountze was reading our posts because as soon as "we" said he was too slow, he picks up his game and looks like he may become a good player afterall.

Keep cutting them down Blue, it seems to help!  Pick on Brown & Worrell and see if we can boost there output.  Brown needs a tripple double.

Brown, it's hard for me to pick on because he's in another zone compared to his teammates. And who is Worrell? I know he plays for LU because I remember seeing his name sitting on the bench during the game.

Well, hopefully Worrell sees my report on him ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43