For Central Fans How would u rate the defense and offense from last year

I'll give it a go...  Predistrict

Offense - 3 (Offense was was very stagnant at this point.  Not really good.  Could not sustain a drive)

Defense - 7 (really showed me some promise in the LaMarque scrimmage, the Memorial game in holding them to 7 points, and the first half of the Brook game)

District

Offense - 5 (our running game was getting better at this point witht he exeption of the Lumberton game)

Defense - 6 (picked up steam in allowing Ozen only about 100 yards of offense and the shutout of PN-G)

Playoffs

Offense - 7 (proved we could move the ball by grinding it out and hit them with the deep pass.  We still were too predictable and was muffled or shut down in the second half of football games)

Defense - 9 (We pulled it all together here.  Great against the run.  Hard hits.  Intimidation factor.  Great secondary play.  At this point, we could play and shut down almost any offense we lined up against with the exeption of a handful.

I'll have to rely and agree with Soulja on his Predistrict ratings

Offense - 3 Defense - 7

However during the District, I rated Central higher than Soulja rated them.  Remember Lumberton was coming off a loss at Vidor and they were pumped for Central.  The Lumberton-Central game was really a hard fought battle.  A late turnover really hurt the Jags, although they were the receiver of an early turnover for an easy TD.  Central had a lot more depth than most teams we saw which really played to their advantage the deeper we got into the season.  By the time the playoffs came around, Central was lined out and looking good.  Seems like I read a lot of fans critizing Coach Stower early in the season, but I personally liked the way he handled the situation throughout.  He is a very good coach and I wish him well in his new school.

For the Playoffs, I also agree with Soulja's ratings.  Obviously those who awarded Central the Army Strong Man Team also agree.  Central gets my vote.

I would give the D a 10 for the year... No team put up big numbers on them... The teams that put up big numbers on Central had the  help of the offense, turnovers, inability to mve the ball, etc.  The offense overall was about a 5...  In the playoffs it stepped up to a 5.5 (still too many turn overs though they moved the ball better).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32