Notes from 2/16 PNG school board meeting

PNG1992

1. Board approved $23,100 in money for technology upgrades to the field house. Included was new video editing equipment that can be used to study game film or make highlight videos for college recruiters, 2 new laptops, and a server for the field house. Coach said that 3 years of game film would be loaded onto these servers as soon as they are installed.

2. Board approved adding two new middle school coaching positions for PNMS and GMS to bring their staff totals to 4 instead of 3 and they would start at the middle schools next year. Two varsity coaches were let go, 2 reassigned to middle schools, and 2 retired.

3. The board approved coach bringing in 4 new football coaches that would teach at the HS and coach on the varsity staff. They would begin as soon as possible.

4. Board approved the hiring of a full time athletic dept secretary.

Other notes:

Board questioned Faircloth about the 7th grade teams playing real games if coaches were added. He responded with its not about the coaching its about having enough local teams to compete against. Said there were 5 local schools with teams and if the UIL would allow PNMS and GMS to play each other 2 times, the 7th graders could play a 7 game season.

Coach also mentioned that EVERY 7th, 8th or 9th grader that was on the football team would get to play in EVERY game. That those are "developmental years" and all the kids should get a chance. Also said he and the varsity staff would be involved with the middle school coaching.

Anyone know who was let go, reassigned, or retired? 

no names were released but unofficially:

Cobb, Riley Burnett: retired

Welch, Broussard: let go

Smith, Wallace: reassigned

again, this is unofficial and names were not released at the meeting. This is just second hand info that has been spoken around town. If incorrect I apologize to the coaches.

I must say I would have never dreamed of him walking in and cleaning house. This could be a good thing for our kids. Although a bad thing for our former coaches.

It is change that will be good for the kids and school district in the long run. Change is not easy but is necessary to stay competitive in any business.

I must say I would have never dreamed of him walking in and cleaning house. This could be a good thing for our kids. Although a bad thing for our former coaches.

It is change that will be good for the kids and school district in the long run. Change is not easy but is necessary to stay competitive in any business.

I agree, pngfan1.  Sometimes, the evolution of "change" brings about positive and negatives to the current situation, but in the end, everyone benefits.  I applaud Coach Faircloth for coming in, setting an agenda, is proactive and ernestly seeking whats best for the kids, parents, fans, and community.  Kudos to him for his energy and enthusiasm!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats