LC-M vs. BH Updates....BH Wins!!!!!!

KFDM COOP

Well from the phone report I got on the game...BH came back extremely sloppy in the second half.   Missing free throws and giving up easy jumpers.  Leading scorer for BH, Carter played limited time in the second half.  Dissapointed that we got sloppy, but a win is win and congrats to LCM for roaring back in the 3rd.  Showed a lot of guts (heard they played hearts out), congrats on a good year and making the playoffs. 

First time I have ever seen BH play and they like I told Coop are so fast and very, very balanced. They made great passes and LC-M could not key on one player because it seemed like many players from BH were comfortable scoring.

Great season LC-M on making the playoffs and HillGuy you are right they played their hearts out in the second half. LC-M should be very proud of this team and what they accomplished this season.

Good luck BH the rest of the playoffs.

Congrats to Barbers Hill ! What a heck of a team. Haven't seen a team this year as balanced as they were. Anyone on the team could score, heck I think if they put the manager in the game she would have scored as well. Good Luck the rest of the way ladies ! Ya'll are a very classy group of players and parents!

As for the Lady Bears, you could tell early in the game they were very up-tight. Missed several shots and couldn't seem to make any Free throws. I guess that comes with it being the girls first ever trip to the play-offs. However, I was very proud to see them come out in the second half and play some pretty good ball ! They fought as hard as they could for the remainder of the game and I couldn't be more prouder. After a bad 1st half they could have just folded the tent , but they didn't and it says allot about the teams character. Congrats to all the Seniors, you've helped to turn the program around and taught the younger girls what it takes to make the play-offs. I for one sure will miss watching all of you play ! Good Luck in your futures !

Again, well done season for the Lady Bears, talked to a couple of other BH fans and they all said that LCM came out in the second half full of determination and inspiration.  I'd call that good momentum going into next season.

Here is the write-up from the BH Sports Report and Houston Chronicle stats:

Barbers Hill 61 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 42

Barbers Hill will play Manor, the winner of Manor-Magnolia contest.

1    2      3    4    F

Little Cypress-Mauriceville

5    3    21  13    42

Barbers Hill                                19  14    14    14    61

BH: Morgan Anderson 12, Shannon Evans 11, Jasmine Carter 8, Jenna Silva 8, Jillian Coon 6, Kendall Shaw 6, Chelsea Eppler 4, Jordan Cobb 3, Ann Davis 2, Britney Gibbs 1

LCM: Ellen Williams 13, Katie Harrell 11, Amber Soileaux 6, Shelby Apperson 6, Hailey Christian 4, Tiffani Thompson 2

Congratulations to the Barbers Hill Eagles! 

BH is a complete team.  Quick, smart, and can adjust to different situations and plays very well together, especially considering how young this team is.  BH is loaded with contributing FR and Sophs.  BH has a great program and classy following from fans and parents. 

In the first half they constantly kept the Bears on their heels by using their speed to take the ball right to the front of the rim.  LCM started slow and was kind of "wide-eyed" since most of these girls were in the 4th grade the last time the girls program had a game of this magnitude. I was extremely proud of the fight the LCM girls put up in the second half.  LCM graduates a team that is loaded with seniors who made a huge impact on the girls basketball program at LCM.  I'm not even sure that these girls realize the interest that they've sparked in the younger girls in the district, but they have.  Congrats to a great group of Seniors at LCM and I wish you much success in your future!

On a personal note, on 1-20-09 against Lumberton, Tayler Thompson suffered a heartbreaking injury when she tore the PCL in her left knee while driving for a layup.  I would like for all of the LCM players and their parents to know how much I appreciate their constant concerns, prayers and well wishes for Tayler.  With rehab through LCM trainer Sherry Hoffpauir, Tayler was able to get strong enough with the aide of a brace to get on the floor for a few minutes on Senior night just a few weeks later and make it to the floor last night.  I am an EXTREMLY proud of her determination and character.  "Thanks you" to all those who made that possible for her.  And most of all, thank you to Coach Amanda Ellerbee for being more than just a basketball coach to this group of young ladies.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05