TIEBREAKER: Silsbee vs. HJ Updates..Silsbee Wins By 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KFDM COOP

How was the officiating?  No one has complained yet, so our boys must have done well

My thoughts are that the refs had no influence whatsoever on the outcome.

how did Silsbee make that run in the 4th.......

come on everyone lets praise silsbee again now there the best team in the world againnn yayyy..... this coming after alot off ppl said this game wasnt even that important now that silsbee won then they're already a lock for the state chamionship game right??  yea i would LOVEEE to play them in regionals cuz its gonna be so sweet to knock them out of the playoffs..

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ST4life

How was the officiating?  No one has complained yet, so our boys must have done well

come on everyone lets praise silsbee again now there the best team in the world againnn yayyy..... this coming after alot off ppl said this game wasnt even that important now that silsbee won then they're already a lock for the state chamionship game right??  yea i would LOVEEE to play them in regionals cuz its gonna be so sweet to knock them out of the playoffs..

I was just asking cause I was not there......

How bout you worry about Navasota and Cleveland before you talk about tying to match up with the Showtime Tigers again......... ::)

Here is my opinion in tonight's game:

Both teams came out flat.

HJ had a 5 point lead either late first or early second.  Silsbee was smothered outside in the first half and the Hawks would not allow Robinson, Byers and Walters to get a good look from downtown.  HJ missed several easy lay ups in the first half.  HJ should have had about a 6-10 lead at the half.  Silsbee came out hot early in the 3rd with Walters hitting back to back three's in the first minute of the 3rd.  HJ fired back and took a one point lead and then Silsbee rattled off 7 straight to take a 6 point lead again.  At this point HJ looked really down and is if they were outmatched by the Tigers.  At the end of the 3rd Benard drove and IMO picked up a questionable 4th foul with 2 seconds left in the game.  Robinson and Hill really abused the HJ guards in the half court trap and it lead to easy baskets for Silsbee and they controlled it from early in the 4th though out the end of the game.  I pray for Silsbee that Hill's attitude does not cost them in the playoffs.  He is a great player but he is a dirty player as well.  HJ played some backups in the final minute or so but it was at 10-12 the final 3 minutes.  Benard fouled out with 3 minutes to go but it would not have mattered.  Silsbee wanted it more tonight.  It was if HJ was satisfied with beating them on Tuesday.  I sat right behind the bench and Sutherland and his staff were constantly on the kids about getting back in to it and they did not respond.  I feel this was the reason for allowing all bench players in the final minute or so.  Congrats to Silsbee on getting the #1 seed.  They deserve it!!!!!

HJ time to put this behind you and get back to doing what you do best!!!!  PLEASE do not look past Liberty in anticipation of playing Navasota!!!!!  If you do you may be done on Tuesday night!!!!!

Guest ST4life

HJ had a 5 point lead either late first or early second.  Silsbee was smothered outside in the first half and the Hawks would not allow Robinson, Byers and Walters to get a good look from downtown.  HJ missed several easy lay ups in the first half.  HJ should have had about a 6-10 lead at the half.  Silsbee came out hot early in the 3rd with Walters hitting back to back three's in the first minute of the 3rd.  HJ fired back and took a one point lead and then Silsbee rattled off 7 straight to take a 6 point lead again.  At this point HJ looked really down and is if they were outmatched by the Tigers.  At the end of the 3rd Benard drove and IMO picked up a questionable 4th foul with 2 seconds left in the game.  Robinson and Hill really abused the HJ guards in the half court trap and it lead to easy baskets for Silsbee and they controlled it from early in the 4th though out the end of the game.  I pray for Silsbee that Hill's attitude does not cost them in the playoffs.  He is a great player but he is a dirty player as well.  HJ played some backups in the final minute or so but it was at 10-12 the final 3 minutes.  Benard fouled out with 3 minutes to go but it would not have mattered.  Silsbee wanted it more tonight.  It was if HJ was satisfied with beating them on Tuesday.  I sat right behind the bench and Sutherland and his staff were constantly on the kids about getting back in to it and they did not respond.  I feel this was the reason for allowing all bench players in the final minute or so.  Congrats to Silsbee on getting the #1 seed.  They deserve it!!!!!

HJ time to put this behind you and get back to doing what you do best!!!!  PLEASE do not look past Liberty in anticipation of playing Navasota!!!!!  If you do you may be done on Tuesday night!!!!!

good post...... :)

HJ shoul beat Liberty but Navasota looks like a challenge...........

I agree with Lazeek's thoughts here. I will add that I was very proud of Silsbee's bigmen in how they stepped up tonight. Kendrick Jones and Avory Thomas, the Tiger's twin '6"6 post, controlled the boards, blocked and or altered shots, and played smart defensively tonight. Both were also active on the offensive end, getting some crucial offensive rebounds and putbacks. D.C. Stallworth only played a few minutes of the game but really wasn't much needed with the play of Jones and Thomas. Also, Brady Byars tweaked an ankle in the first half and never saw the court in the second half. In his place stepped Kelon Archer and Rahkeem Bolton who did a good job of picking up the slack. Silsbee only attempted 9 three's tonight, making 3, after making 11 of 16 Tuesday night. The Tigers attacked the basket like HJ did Tuesday night and it paid off. Silsbee was the more agressive team tonight.

Congrats to both teams on a great district season and now it's on to the playoffs. I hope we meet again on March 7th.

Zeek,

I think calling him a dirty player is a little un-called for.

I seen #21 for HJ and #42 doing some questionable things as well.

otherwise a good post

Hey man, win with class, loose with class.

It was not just tonight's game Tiger Dad.........it is all 3 games the Hawks have played.  I agree that #21 retaliate tonight and that is when Sutherland sat him on the bench for doing it.  There is not a classy player that Trey Burrell on the floor......PERIOD!!!!!!

You have your opinions and I have mine...I will leave it at that ;D

Good luck to the Hawks in the playoffs, maybe we can get together one more time

Great game both teams.  I agree with AAW or big men were the difference tonight as well as our guards helping limit the penetrations.  I did see a little pushing going both ways.  Some players more than others.  I liked the tigers getting more of their inside game going.  If our big men can play like this we,  the sky is definitely the limit for the Tigers.  With that said they have to have that sort of defensive effort every game because there are going to be some good teams down the road and one bad game will end the season.  Good luck  to the Hawks as well. One question Lazeek,  Why didn't Turner start,  was it disciplinary or strategic?  Has  either team won two in a row in the last three years?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05