Evadale Lady Rebels Win second Round...47-29!!!

BIGMO44

once again its why we play the game. we can talk on this board all we want about who will play who, but you have to play the game.

Little old evadale never gets to much respect and many didnt think they would do much after taking some lumps from Kountze in the warm up, but they live to play another day after beating Ganado 47-29 last night in Franklin.

As I wrote after the Kountze game, evadale had no misconceptions about how good Kountze is and they were looking to get certain things out of that game and it worked pretty well for both.

Congratulations Lady Rebels on being just one of a few who have survived in the tournament.

They may not get much ink but sometimes its better to fly under the radar. Not all great basketball is played on the higher levels.

They have done their talking on the floor all year and would be the first to say they have to work even harder and play better to try and win the next one and nothing is for certain.

Congrats to all this yr. and hope Kountze,Woodville and Evadale can continue.......................

Woodville vs Newton,  Kountze vs New Waverly, Evadale vs Thorndale

Just taking care of business!

Last night the Lady Rebels played their usual tip off to buzzer defense and kept the Lady Maidens from Ganado on their heals most of the night.

It was a tough battle especially in the first quarter as the Lady Rebels seemed a bit nervous in their first playoff game of the post season. But the old saying is true...Defense wins Championships! The Lady Rebels were up by ten at the half allowing only 15 points in the first half. They clamped down even harder in the 3rd quarter as the Maidens only scored one or two points. The only problem was that the Lady Rebels got too many fouls so the Maidens ended up with the 1&1 about midway through the 3rd Q and the double bonus for most of the 4th.

Of the 13 points the Maidens scored in the 4th, 6 or 7 came from the free throw line. The 29 points they allowed for the game was one a couple of points more than they allowed per game during district. It showed that the Lady Rebels had taken on a couple of worthy opponents in their two warm up games. Playing Hampshire-Fannett and Kountze showed the Lady Rebels a couple of good teams and while they dropped both contests to 2A schools (both of which advanced to the next round) they got to toughen up and get prepared for the kind of teams they will face in this tournament.

The Lady Rebels will play the Thorndale/Iola winner, (sorry have not found the winner posted anywhere yet). It does not matter which team it is, since all the teams in making it to the regional quarter finals are good teams. All I can say to the Lady Rebels is great job and keep it rolling.

I was also excited about the number of fans that traveled to Conroe for the game. It was great so see so many people there and I hope that even more will be at the next game. I also want to congratulate the parents who put up the signs on 105. It may not seem like much now, but I bet every girl made sure that someone took a picture of their sign to put in a scrap book for a look years from now.

One game at a time Lady Rebels!  

once again its why we play the game. we can talk on this board all we want about who will play who, but you have to play the game.

Little old evadale never gets to much respect and many didnt think they would do much after taking some lumps from Kountze in the warm up, but they live to play another day after beating Ganado 47-29 last night in Franklin.

As I wrote after the Kountze game, evadale had no misconceptions about how good Kountze is and they were looking to get certain things out of that game and it worked pretty well for both.

Congratulations Lady Rebels on being just one of a few who have survived in the tournament.

They may not get much ink but sometimes its better to fly under the radar. Not all great basketball is played on the higher levels.

They have done their talking on the floor all year and would be the first to say they have to work even harder and play better to try and win the next one and nothing is for certain.

Congrats to all this yr. and hope Kountze,Woodville and Evadale can continue.......................

Woodville vs Newton,  Kountze vs New Waverly, Evadale vs Thorndale

Who are you talking about?

Last night the Lady Rebels played their usual tip off to buzzer defense and kept the Lady Maidens from Ganado on their heals most of the night.

It was a tough battle especially in the first quarter as the Lady Rebels seemed a bit nervous in their first playoff game of the post season. But the old saying is true...Defense wins Championships! The Lady Rebels were up by ten at the half allowing only 15 points in the first half. They clamped down even harder in the 3rd quarter as the Maidens only scored one or two points. The only problem was that the Lady Rebels got too many fouls so the Maidens ended up with the 1&1 about midway through the 3rd Q and the double bonus for most of the 4th.

Of the 13 points the Maidens scored in the 4th, 6 or 7 came from the free throw line. The 29 points they allowed for the game was one a couple of points more than they allowed per game during district. It showed that the Lady Rebels had taken on a couple of worthy opponents in their two warm up games. Playing Hampshire-Fannett and Kountze showed the Lady Rebels a couple of good teams and while they dropped both contests to 2A schools (both of which advanced to the next round) they got to toughen up and get prepared for the kind of teams they will face in this tournament.

The Lady Rebels will play the Thorndale/Iola winner, (sorry have not found the winner posted anywhere yet). It does not matter which team it is, since all the teams in making it to the regional quarter finals are good teams. All I can say to the Lady Rebels is great job and keep it rolling.

I was also excited about the number of fans that traveled to Conroe for the game. It was great so see so many people there and I hope that even more will be at the next game. I also want to congratulate the parents who put up the signs on 105. It may not seem like much now, but I bet every girl made sure that someone took a picture of their sign to put in a scrap book for a look years from now.

Evadale will play Thorndale Tuesday at 7pm at Magnolia

Thorndale will be very tough. They played in semi finals last year and lost to Sudan.

They beat Iola in their first round game 50-34 after getting a bye as District champion this year.

Make no mistakes about this one. The lady rebels will have to play great to get this one.....once again no misconceptions about this team they are very good........

i think that Ganado was the nicest team we have played all year

i do believe they could utilize the big girl better by swinging the ball till she can get open

she blocked all but about 4 shots we took from the inside

sure would be nice to have a tall girl like that but having said that

i think Carlie and Mindy PRETTY MUCH ATE HER LUNCH.

she made a few but in all we just dominated them on defence

when you play vs someone 6-4 you have to play defense. The lady rebels did a great job against her and she still managed 10pt.11reb.and 9blocked shots. But as the lady rebels have proved all year long there is no I in team. They didnt have one player in double figures but they had contributions from everyone, and Evadales post players did a great job of moving her around. The Freshman wasnt a bit afraid to take it to her either.

Ganados big problem, getting the ball down the floor. Great defense by the entire Evadale team all night long.

It will take another great defensive effort vs Thorndale. They dont have anyone near 6-4 but they have a couple of outstanding players. They will put the Youngblood twins on the floor and Evadale will counter with the Gregory twins. It should be one big nitemare for Refs and coaches trying to keep the fouls straight. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Congrats Lady Rebs...for the record, HF is 3A.

Congrats Lady Rebs...for the record, HF is 3A.

we stand corrected.

the other thing i would  like to mention is a thank you to 3A Hamshire Fannett for their hospitality and it was good to see and talk to a former Silsbee grad and now principal at HF Mr. John Burris.

Thanks to all the folks at HF Highschool............

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham