Lamar vs. UTA Predictions?

KFDM COOP

Allright guys.  Let's not get oer our own heads here.  The win at Sam was nice and NW STate just isn't very good.  I don't see us even being competitive on the road against a good UTSA team.  Lamar loses by double digits and never really in the game in the second half.

Is Dawkins available for Wednesday night?

Roc brought up something the other night that set in with me about this team. He noted that the home losses (except TAMU-CC) all were one maybe two missed shots from being W's. If they hit those shots at some point during the game, then LU is 8-4 (18-8 - one shot against ISU) right know and in the hunt for the overall title. That is about where we all felt this team would be! So we shouldn't be real suprised that they are 5-7.

Guest coachacola

I like the energy Miles brings to the team when he's on the floor.  He's a very good rebounder for a guy his size.  If they keep playing good defense like they have the past two games then they'll be ok.  If they can't win at least 3 out of the 4 next games then there's not much point in being in the SLC tourney.

Guest coachacola

I think they are a lot better defensively without Dawkins, especially when he's not 100% healthy.  They've won their last two games because of much improved defense, and I think that's because Miles and Williams have stepped up their game.  There's no reason why Lamar can't beat UTA.

This is going to another tough one without Dawkins, but I wouldn't of guessed that we would beat Sam without Kenny so who knows about this one... just hope a lot of people show up for this one.

I have a thought about opposition defence and our recent play. All this season anyone (especially Roc) speaking about Lamar has said Kenny is the key and Lamar is as good as he plays.  This tells the opponents all they need to do is stop Kenny and they win. Which in a lot of cases this year it was true.  With Kenny not in there, the opposition doesn't know who to stop!  As for our players, they have been told the same thing about Kenny being the heart of the team so they have been relying on him to carry the team and not putting out the effort they have been putting in the last two games.  I still think out defence sucks and adjustments come to few and too late.  One other thought is the loss of intensity. These guys come out of the tunnel (especially after half time ) like they just come off a 10 mile run. Walking/swaggering in looking like they lost all interest and emotion.

Guest coachacola

If Lamar does get hot and happens to get in the SLC tourney and win, they could face Louisville or Memphis again in the NCAA tourney.  Here's some bracket projections:

1 Seeds: Pittsburgh, Connecticut, North Carolina, Oklahoma

2 Seeds: Memphis, Louisville, Kansas, Michigan State

3 Seeds: Duke, Marquette, Villanova, Clemson

4 Seeds: Wake Forest, Washington, Missouri, Purdue

5 Seeds: Xavier, LSU, Arizona State, Illinois

6 Seeds: Florida State, West Virginia, California, UCLA

7 Seeds: Utah, Syracuse, Texas, Gonzaga

8 Seeds: Arizona, Minnesota, Butler, Dayton

9 Seeds: Kentucky, Utah State, Boston College, Ohio State

10 Seeds: Tennessee, Penn State, BYU, Florida

11 Seeds: UNLV, South Carolina, Siena, Wisconsin

12 Seeds: Davidson, Kansas State, Creighton, Maryland

13 Seeds: VCU, Western Kentucky, San Diego State, Buffalo

14 Seeds: Weber State, North Dakota State, American, Binghamton

15 Seeds: Cornell, Radford, Sam Houston State, Robert Morris

16 Seeds: Morgan State, Long Beach State, Jacksonville, Alabama State, Morehead State

They have Sammy State as a 15 seed, but you can plug in any SLC team into that slot.  As a 15 seed, they could face Louisville, Memphis, Kansas or Michigan State.  Does any SLC team stand a chance as a 15 seed?

http://rushthecourt.net/

I have a thought about opposition defence and our recent play. All this season anyone (especially Roc) speaking about Lamar has said Kenny is the key and Lamar is as good as he plays.  This tells the opponents all they need to do is stop Kenny and they win. Which in a lot of cases this year it was true.  With Kenny not in there, the opposition doesn't know who to stop!  As for our players, they have been told the same thing about Kenny being the heart of the team so they have been relying on him to carry the team and not putting out the effort they have been putting in the last two games.  I still think out defence sucks and adjustments come to few and too late.  One other thought is the loss of intensity. These guys come out of the tunnel (especially after half time ) like they just come off a 10 mile run. Walking/swaggering in looking like they lost all interest and emotion.

Yo woodman, the opposing teams actually scout LU before their games. So they already know and have a game plan to try and defeat LU

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05