Nederland 9 Bridge City 3 Final

KFDM COOP

Cardinals show rust in 9-3 loss to Bulldogs

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

BRIDGE CITY — The Nederland Bulldogs sure were effective Tuesday night at Cardinals’ Field.

The Bulldogs took advantage of a couple of Bridge City errors in a couple innings and then used the long ball late to win 9-3.

Nederland (1-0) scored three runs in the top of the second.

Trey Terracino reached on a fielder’s choice and advanced to second while the Cardinals (0-1) were busy chasing down Jude Vidrine in a hot-box for the inning’s second out.

Read more>

This is the hidden content, please

Nederland will compete to be the top at 20-4A. They are a solid team. Good hitting up and down the order and solid pitching staff. I hope Smith is OK after leaving with an injury.

BC will be fine. Had a few errors which can be corrected. Need some hitting.

Nederland is solid, tonight started I believe 5 or 6 sophomore's, who all can play at the 4A level. The freshman that threw could really hit his spots.

Bridge City looked shaky in the field , didn't hit the ball that well but faced some quality pitching.

Both staffs pitched well for both teams as they both had over 10 k's.

Bridge City's pitching did not have a good night. Hicks looked all right on the mound but errors hurt. Gave up two runs. After that several other pitchers gave us a look but did not impress me very much. At times they threw the ball hard but also gave up too many hits. The errors better get corrected or there could be trouble. The catcher needs to hustle a little more. Nederland's catcher was very good. He saved a lot of passed balls but some got by him. He hustled all night though. BC's catcher over threw first on one occasion and also second base. I know it is the first game so I hope it all will come together quickly. I think BC is better than they looked tonight.

Nederland will compete to be the top at 20-4A. They are a solid team. Good hitting up and down the order and solid pitching staff. I hope Smith is OK after leaving with an injury.

BC will be fine. Had a few errors which can be corrected. Need some hitting.

herd smith might have torn his acl

Really hate to see that and hear the news.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32