4A Fans...

Guest DickVitale

Guest DickVitale

I saw Houston Yates play Monday night and they are SCARY GOOD...Not just athletic, but they share the ball, have guys that can really shoot the 3, and they defend like CRAZY!! Won 105-35 in their Bi-District game....They should win Region III relatively easy...But the SCARIEST part...They have just TWO SENIORS!! :o :o Ozen and Wheatley will have their hands full with this bunch...WHOA NELLY! :o

Guest DickVitale

That would be Brandon "Snap" Peters...Been starting on varsity since he was a 9th grader...I talked with BOTH of his parents during that game...They claim he is good to go, and is a regular aged 11th grader...I heard different too, but, this DID come from his mom and dad....He is a GREAT athlete! We shall see what happens after this year, though... ;)

Guest DickVitale

Where was that game played?   If I had my old work schedule instead of this jacked up new schedule that has me getting off at 7 to 8 pm at night, I could of gone to that game.

It was at Barnett Stadium in Houston...Yates would beat undefeated, 5A #1 Strake Jesuit at this point..They are THAT impressive!

Where was that game played?   If I had my old work schedule instead of this jacked up new schedule that has me getting off at 7 to 8 pm at night, I could of gone to that game.

It was at Barnett Stadium in Houston...Yates would beat undefeated, 5A #1 Strake Jesuit at this point..They are THAT impressive!

:o Im gonna have to go watch them play!!! Anyone know who they play next and where?

I saw Houston Yates play Monday night and they are SCARY GOOD...Not just athletic, but they share the ball, have guys that can really shoot the 3, and they defend like CRAZY!! Won 105-35 in their Bi-District game....They should win Region III relatively easy...But the SCARIEST part...They have just TWO SENIORS!! :o :o Ozen and Wheatley will have their hands full with this bunch...WHOA NELLY! :o

dick what is ozen's chances on beating them?

Guest DickVitale

Honestly.....I think the only person that could game plan and control tempo against  this team has gone to PAISD! Last year's game plan against them went south due to bad shot selection (and it was working through the third quarter) and Yates is BETTER this year....You know I tell it like it is...Yates will win region III this year...Write that down. You know I am pulling for Ozen, but it will be an uphill climb.

Honestly.....I think the only person that could game plan and control tempo against  this team has gone to PAISD! Last year's game plan against them went south due to bad shot selection (and it was working through the third quarter) and Yates is BETTER this year....You know I tell it like it is...Yates will win region III this year...Write that down. You know I am pulling for Ozen, but it will be an uphill climb.

what about the panthers and wheatley?

Guest DickVitale

what about the panthers and wheatley?

Ozen would handle Wheatley fairly easily...They are a one man team in Texas Tech signee Mike Davis, who can really play...However, they have no system and without an abundance of talent, Wheatley is very average because of how they play...Ozen would beat Wheatley....Yates? They are a completely different story..They are talented, and Greg Wise has them sharing the ball and defending too, not just pressing either..

Guest DickVitale

Jones is solid too, but I think that Ozen can get with them in an "athlete for athlete" battle...What makes Yates so good is that they are doing more than just beating you with athleticsm...They have really good schemes to go with all that atheleticism and they play so well together...Jones is a very beatable opponent for Ozen, but it will be no cake walk all the same...Better bring their "A" game, because if not, Jones will beat you.

Jones is solid too, but I think that Ozen can get with them in an "athlete for athlete" battle...What makes Yates so good is that they are doing more than just beating you with athleticsm...They have really good schemes to go with all that atheleticism and they play so well together...Jones is a very beatable opponent for Ozen, but it will be no cake walk all the same...Better bring their "A" game, because if not, Jones will beat you.

wow i was actually about to make preparations for austin........it'll suck to lose to yates two years in a row i hear they dont match up well with us because of their size though and i dont think its two players in the state of texas who can guard breon and decarlos........by the way anyone know where i can find a bracket

wow i was actually about to make preparations for austin........it'll suck to lose to yates two years in a row i hear they dont match up well with us because of their size though and i dont think its two players in the state of texas who can guard breon and decarlos........by the way anyone know where i can find a bracket

I believe it is on the uil website, man.

Here is your 4A bracket that you requested:

This is the hidden content, please

yes, Ozen COULD beat Jones, but that would be a minor upset. Jones is very good. Wheatley will fall to Yates by 15-20 points (105-88). Yates will increase their lead as the game winds down, will the memory of last yr's meltdown SEARED into their minds. They could win by 25-30 even. Yates vs Wheatley will be played at Aldine's Campbell Center (sort of a pre-5A regional venue) WEDNESDAY night 8:00 pm. Ozen, if getting past Jones -- and that is UNlikely -- Yates will beat them by a little less than the Wheatley margin. Of course, games are decided on the court yadda yadda....

....and with Ozen graduating 4 starters and Yates graduating only a couple on the whole squad....

....and Greg Wise has his signature multiple full court presses that APPEAR to look the same until its too late... 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4