lamar baseball vs columbia

lu cards

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coachacola

Lamar's non-conference schedule appears pretty weak this year, except for games against Rice and Houston.  I wish they would play some Big XII teams.  The Cards should sweep again this weekend.

Guest coachacola

Lamar has routinely played a mediocre schedule. Even the "big name" schools that have come to Beaumont have been weak "big name" schools, who are more known in football and basketball than baseball.

Kinda like Rice and A&M....

And UH and UL-Lafayette...

terror,youre wrong on the cards non-conf schedule.this is the first year that lu is playing a weak non conf schedule.normally we play rice,uh,ul-l,st johns,kansas st,a&m,etc.

I seem to recall 2008 including Arkansas State (x2 - and that was a very bad squad last year), Michigan State (a sub 500 Big Ten team and this is not a premier sport in that conference), Kansas State (who did not even qualify for Big 12 tourney), Akron, Buffalo (two teams with losing records in the MAC) and dare I even get into New York Tech, UT-Pan American?

If those aren't the "Sisters of the Poor", I do not know who is...a weak schedule by even SLC standards.

I'll give you ULM (even if they were the first SBC regular season champion to not qualify for the NCAAs in about 30 years), Rice, ULL and Houston. Only problem is - you guys only do single games yearly with the two Houston area schools.

Before you dog the "Prisonville" group...your friends in Huntsville get Houston, Rice and Dallas Baptist for home-and-homes on an annual basis. That's three consistent NCAA qualifiers, atleast DBU will become one this year. Texas A&M rotates year to year. Also have Nebraska, Missouri State and St. Mary's for a home tournament plus a four-game set against Creighton.

Guest tigersvoice

SHSU baseball tradition is far below Lamar...

Lamar's baseball facility is far below SHSU's... as is their ability to win as of late. :)

How late are you talking about since they are undefeated this season (2009)?

How late are you talking about since they are undefeated this season (2009)?

Last two seasons...  ;D

SHSU: 2 NCAAs appearance (one of which was as a regional finalist)

Lamar: 0 NCAAs

I'm just glad a few of you have come to recognize the weak schedules of LU. If you are a good program and have a nice facility, you will get home-and-homes with the best programs around...

Guest coachacola

So now to compare LU and SHSU we must only go back 2 years. Beyond that is living in the past. Typical

of Terror.

Is there any sport whereas SHSU has a better tradition?

Women's Bowling?

Is there any sport whereas SHSU has a better tradition?

How many national titles does Lamar have in baseball? World Series' appearances? We may have baseball.

1960 - NAIA World Series (4th)

1961 - NAIA World Series (5th)

1962 - NAIA World Series (6th)

1963 - NAIA World Series (1st) - NATIONAL CHAMPS

1964 - NAIA World Series (4th)

1965 - NAIA World Series (4th)

1972 - NAIA World Series (3rd)

1974 - NAIA World Series (2nd)

1975 - NAIA World Series (2nd)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online