Lady Cards Tennis Opens SLC Play with 5-2 Win Over SHSU

Guest coachacola

I was at this match and will vouch that y'alls #1 girl is good. She probably is tops in the SLC. But, LU has a red-shirt that spanked her 6-2 6-2 a couple years ago. She is out for the season and received a medical redshirt. She will be a junior next season and should dominate over the next couple of years. Also, I expected SHSU to win the doubles point. That is definitely not LU's strength this season. It was a good match. It ended up being 5-2, but easily could have been 4-3 either way. By the way, LU beat SFA 7-0 today.

I was at this match and will vouch that y'alls #1 girl is good. She probably is tops in the SLC. But, LU has a red-shirt that spanked her 6-2 6-2 a couple years ago. She is out for the season and received a medical redshirt. She will be a junior next season and should dominate over the next couple of years. Also, I expected SHSU to win the doubles point. That is definitely not LU's strength this season. It was a good match. It ended up being 5-2, but easily could have been 4-3 either way. By the way, LU beat SFA 7-0 today.

Yep - I recall that well - your #1 beating ours, but it was 6-3, 6-3. ;)

I looked it up, because I thought our girl beat yours later in the year or at a tournament. Can't find it. The best players in the SLC will meet when we play SLU in Huntsville. The Lions are my pick to win the SLC at this point, until proven otherwise. If SHSU can not get a top 200, 250 ITF player to replace her - we're going to be up the creek next year!

SFA has really tumbled in tennis. SHSU beat McNeese 7-0 by the way.

The Lions won't be nearly as good this year as last. They graduated quite a bit. At this point, I would say the winner of the UT-A/LU match will have the best shot. LU is not as strong as last season, but they are improving. Injuries have taken a toll and they are really up a creek if they have any more injuries. A walkon has been playing #7(the match does not count in final score) and lost 6-0 6-0 to SFA and 6-0 6-0 to SHSU.

The Lions won't be nearly as good this year as last. They graduated quite a bit. At this point, I would say the winner of the UT-A/LU match will have the best shot. LU is not as strong as last season, but they are improving. Injuries have taken a toll and they are really up a creek if they have any more injuries. A walkon has been playing #7(the match does not count in final score) and lost 6-0 6-0 to SFA and 6-0 6-0 to SHSU.

Saw that SLU took a 7-0 loss to UTSA. Really thought SLU had a bit of talent left, apparently not. SLU's No. 5 used to play at SHSU, she wasn't that great by any stretch. UTSA could be in the mix as well, don't you think?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou