20-4a All District Picks?

From another board...someone I assume is familiar with the process wrote this:

I would say most if not all all-district selections have already been made. There is an agreement to not tell until all of the district's teams are out of the play-offs and sometimes after the state tourney.

With that being said, all-district is voted upon by the district's head coaches. Although some may vary, in most cases the head coach is not able to vote for his/her own players. Usually the major awards are nominated by their coach and then voted upon by the coaches. Those kids who are MVP, Newcomer, Offensive and Defensive MVP are usually automatically put on the 1st team.

From there, the committee decides how many are on the first team (this number varies between districts). Then the head coaches nominate players from their team that they feel qualify for first team. The coaches vote for the girls who they feel should get first team (again, coaches can not vote for their own players). So, if they decided that there would be 10 players on first team, then each coach will write down 10 names. Then the votes for each kid are counted.

This process is repeated for second team. The kids that were nominated for 1st team but didn't make it, are automatically put up for nomination for the 2nd team. Coaches are allowed to nominate more of their players for 2nd team. Again, the coaches vote for the set number of girls to comprise the 2nd team.

Sometimes there is not a clear-cut break in the votes, for instance a 3 way tie for the 10th spot. More times than not, I would say that the coaches honor 12 instead of 10 in order to honor more kids. The exact process is up to the committee of head coaches with input from the AD.

That gives you a general idea of how it goes down.

All you ever wanted to know about it, lol.  I understand UIL does not regulate this at all, but the district committees.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05