Lamar vs. A&M Cc Updates......CC Wins!!

Well it's a simple as that, win and we're win. Gotta take care of business on Saturday. I hope SHSU gets the top spot, I think it's unlikely but we'll have to have Terror fill us in.. I haven't paid attention to the top half of the conference standings lately.

Guest coachacola

I think everyone here knew Lamar would lose tonight so nobody bothered to follow the game.  I don't think it matters much if Lamar makes the tourney or not, they are just not a very good team.

Fighting your way into the 8th and final spot....wow.

One better than not making it at all...

Mcneese is out.

Texas st is in.

SELA an LU fighting for last spot. LU hold tie breaker.

I think LU can still be a 7th seed with an LU win and Texas st loss.

Guest coachacola

Lamar got killed on the boards tonight.  TAMU-CC isn't that good but Lamar just doesn't match up well with them, especially with Dawkins out.  Lamar's more of an inside team and CC is a bigger team, and without guards who can shoot the 3, Lamar just didn't stand much of a chance.

On that note, I was looking at ESPN's evaluations of Lamar's recruits and they finally have updated Osas Ebomwonyi's profile.  His scout grade is now 79 (Major/Mid-Major Prospect) and here's what they say about him:

March, 2009: Ebomwonyi is a long explosive athlete. He is an extremely quick off the floor that allows him to be a terrific shot blocker on and off the ball. He runs the floor with ease and finishes above the rim with a clear path from drop off passes created by guard penetration. Ebomwonyi is also an active rebounder on both ends. He uses his great length and athletic ability to clear the glass over or around opponents. He is raw skills wise and must add strength but has great upside. Ebomwonyi will provide Lamar with an athletic presence on both ends of the floor.

With him, Stan Brown, and 6-5 240-lb Joshua Wesley joining Custer, Nabors and Nwevo next year, maybe they'll match up better with these bigger, more physical teams.

Fighting your way into the 8th and final spot....wow.

One better than not making it at all...

Mcneese is out.

Texas st is in.

SELA an LU fighting for last spot. LU hold tie breaker.

I think LU can still be a 7th seed with an LU win and Texas st loss.

Would that pit us against Sam Houston? I sure hope so! We match up well with them and their struggles in the conference tourney through the years are well documented!  ;D

If LU gets the 8 seed, we would face SFA (not good).

Who does TSU play Saturday? If we win and they lose do we get the 7 seed? If so then we would play SHSU 1st.

Does anyone know if KD is going to play in our first round tournament game this Saturday against Nicholls? ;D

If LU gets the 8 seed, we would face SFA (not good).

Who does TSU play Saturday? If we win and they lose do we get the 7 seed? If so then we would play SHSU 1st.

Does anyone know if KD is going to play in our first round tournament game this Saturday against Nicholls? ;D

KD will be playing this Saturday.  Roc wanted to make sure he was 100% before playing again.  Senior night should bring a pretty sizeable crowd to the game, plus it starts our Tour. play like bdbndn stated.

I thought that TX State had the tiebreaker against us.  They won more games against opp. on our side of the conference by one game.

I hope we leave Miles at the point and put Kenny at shooting guard. I like the way the offense is running with Miles at the point and I think Kenny gives us the shooter we have definitely been missing! I am hoping LU wins this game, gets into the tourney, and somehow avoids a first round clash vs. SFA. If those things happen, I think LU could make some noise in the tourney. Let's face it, there is and always has been parity in the SLC. There is not a lot of difference in talent between the 1 and 8 seeds.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou