Texas St./Sam Houston St. live updates! Sam Houston wins 92-82!

Unlike most schools in the conference, SHSU's attendance at hoops is STUDENT-DRIVEN. Anyone know has been to a SHSU game knows as much - we're not like Lamar. ;)

When current TXST athletic administrator Chris Park was at SHSU, he used to say how we must be one of the few schools in the nation where 10% of the student body attends games. This game was the day after school let out for spring break.

SHSU will have to play Texas st again in the first round. Dangerous for SHSU and being 2-0 against Texas st this season.

Really...? I see UTSA in the official bracket. I know LU is on the sidelines, but figure you'd pay more attention than that. You busy keeping tabs on the MWC or WAC?

Guest coachacola

Unlike most schools in the conference, SHSU's attendance at hoops is STUDENT-DRIVEN. Anyone know has been to a SHSU game knows as much - we're not like Lamar. ;)

When current TXST athletic administrator Chris Park was at SHSU, he used to say how we must be one of the few schools in the nation where 10% of the student body attends games. This game was the day after school let out for spring break.

SHSU will have to play Texas st again in the first round. Dangerous for SHSU and being 2-0 against Texas st this season.

Really...? I see UTSA in the official bracket. I know LU is on the sidelines, but figure you'd pay more attention than that. You busy keeping tabs on the MWC or WAC?

When you say attendance is STUDENT-DRIVEN, that means nobody outside of SHSU cares about the basketball team.  It also means they don't make much in ticket sales so Coach Marlin has to run his program on a shoestring budget.  That's not such a great thing in the long run.

When you say attendance is STUDENT-DRIVEN, that means nobody outside of SHSU cares about the basketball team.  It also means they don't make much in ticket sales so Coach Marlin has to run his program on a shoestring budget.  That's not such a great thing in the long run.

There's boosters abound...

SHSU is currently in the midst of a $1.5M drive for the men's basketball program and while basketball is student-driven, that means we will have new generations of fans who remember the great time(s) they had at SHSU basketball games.

There's boosters abound...

SHSU is currently in the midst of a $1.5M drive for the men's basketball program and while basketball is student-driven, that means we will have new generations of fans who remember the great time(s) they had at SHSU basketball games.

Or maybe they have nothing else to do in 'Huntsvegas'?  :o.. That'd be my first guess since I know a few people who are students at SHSU and attend the games, however I could name more players on the Sam Houston roster than they could.

Or maybe they have nothing else to do in 'Huntsvegas'?  :o.. That'd be my first guess since I know a few people who are students at SHSU and attend the games, however I could name more players on the Sam Houston roster than they could.

Well, the chance to visit the refineries is over by the time LU tips off and the students don't show up to Montagne with similar numbers...may also have something to do with the lack of winning, which as we all know, is not something LU has been accustomed to since moving into this 'weak' conference from the Sun Belt.

Well, the chance to visit the refineries is over by the time LU tips off and the students don't show up to Montagne with similar numbers...may also have something to do with the lack of winning, which as we all know, is not something LU has been accustomed to since moving into this 'weak' conference from the Sun Belt.

What counts is going to the NCAA. Since returning to this sad conference LU has gone 1 time, however with previous trips before. SHSU entire history is just 1 time.

And if SHSU doesn't go this year, losing in the slc tourney, then SHSU season was no better than LU. Ending before the slc tourney or during the slc tourney is no difference.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43