Diboll Lumberjack Lineman Challenge

DIBOLL LUMBERJACK LINEMAN CHALLENGE

Dear Coach,

This is an official invitation for your “non-skilled players†to compete in the 1st Annual Diboll Lumberjack Lineman Challenge.  My name is Dustin Nessell and I am the offensive line coach at Diboll High School.  I think it is extremely important for our kids to compete as much as possible.  Until now, our lineman have had limited exposure to spring and summer competitions.  A Lineman Challenge offers position specific events to challenge our kids and allows them to compete in a fun and safe environment.  This letter is to inform you about the lineman challenge.  Should you decide to participate, please fill out the registration form enclosed and e-mail or fax to Dustin Nessell or Tom Sheppard Head Football Coach Diboll High School

General Information:

Time and Place:

Saturday, June13th – Diboll High School Weight room and Practice Field

Registration will be in the weight room (8:00 am – 8:30 am)

Coaches Meeting (8:40 am)

General Meeting and Welcome (8:55)

Competition Begins (9:10 am)

Events:

1. Bench Press (205 lbs. for reps) – total for 5 team members

2. Truck Push (timed) – 5 team members, 2 attempts and take fastest time

3. Farmers Walk (timed) – total time for 5 team members

4. Tractor Tire Flip (timed) – total time for 5 team members

5. Obstacle Course Relay (timed) – total time for 5 members

6. Stone Stack (timed) – total time for 5 members

7. Hand-Over-Hand Tire Pull (timed) – total time for 5 members

8. Harness Pulls (pool play match-ups) – total points for 5 members

• We will use the Track and Field Point System for each event, winning teams will receive a trophy

Cost:

$10 per athlete

Contact Information: 

Email will be the quickest way to get a hold of me for any questions or concerns.

Dustin Nessell Secondary Contact:  Tom Sheppard

Diboll High School Diboll H.S.

Diboll, Texas Diboll, TX

936-829-4200

936-829-5708 fax

[email protected]

[email protected]

Team Format:

Each team will be made up of at least 5 athletes.  You can have as many athletes on a team but all events only allow 5 members to compete at a time.  You can have up to 2 teams if you choose to do so, based on spot availability.

Supplies:

Water will be available.  Athletes will need to bring flats, cleats, gloves, sunscreen, weight belts, and any other equipment they may need.

Rules:

Athletes must play on the offensive or defensive lines, no skill position players.

Athletes will respect official’s decisions and calls.

Compete hard and fair.

Documents:

1. Release of Liability Form – please make copies and make sure that every athlete has a signed copy by the day of the event.  Can bring with you or fax.

2. School Information Sheet – this is your official team entry. 

Please include a cell or home phone contact number in case of bad weather I can contact you the night before or the morning of with any changes.

3. Event Organization Sheet – this is for you to organize your team and keep track with event information.

Deadlines:

Please contact me before April 10th to let me know how many athletes you are bringing...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlakeJ8
    Newest Member
    BlakeJ8