SLC Tourney Begins

Who cares? Why does it matter now? They don't play games at home... otherwise the ESPN2 broadcast would be in Nac. tomorrow, not Katy. You say oh you stubborn lamar fans "live in past", well either way all of us tend to do it, even yourself.

The difference is we are talking about one of the reasons Tubbs spearheaded the move to a neutral site tournament (though his real intentions were to get it to Beaumont). One of those was SHSU's undefeated record at home and Tubbs knew that as long as Marlin was at Sam, this would be a problem in restoring the "once proud" history of LU basketball. ;)

Would you guys really notice if you were INELIGIBLE for the postseason? ;D

Considering since 2000 - we have more SLC tournament appearances than any squad (tied with UTA), we would...not sure LU would notice, since they are not as "regular" as any other team in Texas... ;)

SLC Tournament appearances (Since 2000)

9 — SHSU, UTA

8 — UTSA

7 — SFA, McNeese, NW St., Texas St.

6 — SE La., Lamar

5 — UL-Monroe%

3 — Nicholls St.

2 — A&M-CC#

% — Not a member of the SLC after 2005

# — SLC member since 2007

See that's the difference between LU fans and SH fans...You guys consider the SLC tourny the "Post Season", we consider the NCAA the "Post Season". Your OK with making the SLC tourny and bowing out early each year...We are not!!!

See that's the difference between LU fans and SH fans...You guys consider the SLC tourny the "Post Season", we consider the NCAA the "Post Season". Your OK with making the SLC tourny and bowing out early each year...We are not!!!

You guys need to make the SLC tournament first, don't you?

You guys need to make the SLC tournament first, don't you?

You're right about that, but if you're comparing Sam Houston to Lamar in this thread (and I'm sure you'll say you aren't), then maybe you missed this piece of info from your source:

SHSU result vs. opponent

vs. McNeese: 3-1

vs. UTA: 2-1

vs. SFA: 2-1

vs. Nicholls St.: 1-0

vs. NW State: 0-2

vs. UTSA: 0-1

vs. Lamar: 0-1

vs. SLU: 0-1

Funny the games were in Shreveport LONG before Tubbs came back to Lamar.  When they had home court sites I remember McNEESE winning it all NOT SHSU. But hey it it makes you feel better go ahead and keep posting it.

SHSU is 8-0 in SLC tournament games at Johnson Coliseum under Bob Marlin. Simple as that. We do not lose at home when conference tournament games are at home sites.  ;D

And Tubbs was the one who pushed for the SLC to go back to neutral sites, changed the dates to Weds/Sat and plenty of other changes that have unfolded in the SLC over the last few years. He wanted to make this a basketball conference and now he's got football, which should be intriguing to follow what he does now.

I'm not sure where you get your information from, maybe your second cousin  knows a guy, who is friends with someone that knows someone.  I doubt it is even that close to first hand information.  I have heard TUBBS on more than ONE occasion say that he wanted the conference to bid the tournament out to schools in the SLC.  This is the same thing that they do for the baseball tournament.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou