Despite loss, LU women's basketball future looks bright

Guest coachacola

Guest coachacola
The Lady Cardinals are 3-2 in the Southland tournament. Lamar now wants to take the next step toward qualifying for the NCAA tournament. It would be the first time since 1991 for Lamar.

Tidwell has four domestic, two international players and one transfer joining the team next season. They replace three seniors - Nikki Williams, Emily Spickler and Agnija Reke - that are moving on.

Before the season, Lamar had lost all-conference freshman Tamara Abalde, who signed a professional contract to play in Europe in June. Tidwell has been busy reloading.

"I think we're gonna be pretty good next year," Tidwell said. "We're fixing to get very athletic."

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/local/despite_loss__lu_women_s_basketball_future_looks_bright_03-13-2009.html

I think we'll be the favorites next year. With Brittany coming back (hopefully with a healthy knee), Ang Green, Chrisan, add in this 6'4 girl and Kalis Lloyd AND Jenna Plumlee. We are going to be very competitive.

Among those athletic players set to join the team next season is point guard Kalis Loyd (6-foot-1), comes from Sweden, and Myriam Igoufe (5-8) from France. They bring size and play multiple positions. Jenna Plumley is a 5-4 transfer from Oklahoma who had to sit out in 2008-09 due to NCAA transfer rules.

Six-foot-four post Aleksandra Miletic, 6-2 forward Danielle Heithoff, 6-foot guard Taylor Hays and 5-9 guard Jasmine Henderson join Lamar from the prep ranks.

Among those athletic players set to join the team next season is point guard Kalis Loyd (6-foot-1), comes from Sweden, and Myriam Igoufe (5-8) from France. They bring size and play multiple positions. Jenna Plumley is a 5-4 transfer from Oklahoma who had to sit out in 2008-09 due to NCAA transfer rules.

Six-foot-four post Aleksandra Miletic, 6-2 forward Danielle Heithoff, 6-foot guard Taylor Hays and 5-9 guard Jasmine Henderson join Lamar from the prep ranks.

I hear Lloyd is the real deal.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43