Dickie V.........Please Read!!!!

Guest spinks

Guest DickVitale

Like I said, ONLY SE Texans believe region III 3A is a top notch region.  Silsbee is good, and has gotten better.  HJ is an established program as well.  Cleveland is up and down, and so is Navasota...Jasper is a every other year wonder and they will never be good enough to make a trip to Austin. (This was probably their best shot)...Region 2 has Dallas Madison, Kennedale (last two state champs), Princeton, Argyle, Dallas Roosevelt (2006 champ), Van (2005 champ) just to name a few....Its a more consistent region as far as good teams go. Region III in 3A is not as deep as people may want to believe.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest spinks

Like I said, ONLY SE Texans believe region III 3A is a top notch region.  Silsbee is good, and has gotten better.  HJ is an established program as well.  Cleveland is up and down, and so is Navasota...Jasper is a every other year wonder and they will never be good enough to make a trip to Austin. (This was probably their best shot)...Region 2 has Dallas Madison, Kennedale (last two state champs), Princeton, Argyle, Dallas Roosevelt (2006 champ), Van (2005 champ) just to name a few....Its a more consistent region as far as good teams go. Region III in 3A is not as deep as people may want to believe.

Did you really say that Madison was hands down better than any team in Region 3???? ARE YOU STUPID??? WERE YOU AT THE DRUM??? DID YOU WATCH THE GAMES WE WATCHED?  If you were there you should be embarassed by your poor assesments.  HJ dominated Estacado for an entire game and came up short because wagner simply took over the game.  They go to OT with Estacado and Estacado goes to OT with Madison in a game which Estacado should have won.  How does that equal that Madison is better hands down.  You are just plain biased!!!!

Yeah...lets see... where were we.....OH, thats right! We were talking about how only SE Texas FANS feel that 3A, region III is any good although it does not show at the state tournament in Austin.  ::)

Ok, are you just plain stupid!?! Region three has the most state ranked teams out of all the regions in 3A and you say region three is "not a good" region!!! HELLO!?! Come on Dicky, lets think about this a minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest stevenash

Lets get real honest here, Dick.  How many region 3 playoff games did you attend?  How many other regions playoff games did you attend?  Of the three games played in Austin this past weekend for 3-a, how many did you watch? In fact, how many 3-a games did you witness this entire year for each region? I'm  pretty sure that I already know the answer ( or am fairly close)so for you to portray yourself as some guru regarding the relative strength of any region is purely hogwash.  The fact that you can name some teams from some other region that have done well in recent times is also meaningless and lends ZERO credibility to your inference that, once again, you somehow " know something" that somebody else doesn't.  And, by the way, saying "Navasota is up and down" sure sounds knowledgeable except that it is totally untrue. The real fact of the matter is that most people/fans think that whatever region  their favorite team(s) is from is the tougher region.  There is no way for any  individual (self aggrandized or otherwise)to make that quantification INCLUDING YOU and if you "know" this business as much as you would suggest you do, you would readily concede that fact

Guest nostradamus

Guys,

the best thing to do in this case is to quit honoring/responding to the ignorance.  If I had the time or felt the need I would list and give details of film studied over the last five years of teams from all the regions around this state (not to mention the teams we have seen in person) but, he'll just give another "Navasota is up and down" type statement because that is the best he can do.  Then he'll follow it with a cute little  ::)  to really try and drive home the point that he believes he knows what he is talking about.  When in reality all he is doing is making generalizations and following them up with listing state champions from past years as if the state champion proves who has the toughest region.  His reasoning is transparent at best and not worthy of response or argument.

Guest DickVitale

How many state titles does Navasota have? Regional titles? They are not setting the world on fire either.  I coached in region 2 in class 3A, and have some prior knowledge of the region. I did not watch the 3A semis, and was not referring to it as a point of reference.  My thought is that Region 3 in 3A is NOT THAT GOOD. It is MY OPINION....Respect that, as I have said that I respect yours. HJ people are so blind by the red, white, and blue...They have won three titles in 60+ seasons...Good job...Pat yourselves on the back a bit more...It took 16 years to win the third and over 25 to win the second one in 1991...Thats ok...You cannot win state EVERY year...Accept that and cheer for next years squad...Its over for now.  You people really hate it when someone is not stroking the HJ program... ::) ::)

Guest spinks

How many state titles does Navasota have? Regional titles? They are not setting the world on fire either.  I coached in region 2 in class 3A, and have some prior knowledge of the region. I did not watch the 3A semis, and was not referring to it as a point of reference.  My thought is that Region 3 in 3A is NOT THAT GOOD. It is MY OPINION....Respect that, as I have said that I respect yours. HJ people are so blind by the red, white, and blue...They have won three titles in 60+ seasons...Good job...Pat yourselves on the back a bit more...It took 16 years to win the third and over 25 to win the second one in 1991...Thats ok...You cannot win state EVERY year...Accept that and cheer for next years squad...Its over for now.  You people really hate it when someone is not stroking the HJ program... ::) ::)

You dont have the last idea what respect is.  PERIOD!!!!!!

Guest nostradamus

I've been a head coach in Region II and Region III.  This has nothing to do with stroking HJ.  We don't need any.  This has to do with an asenine blanket statement you made regarding the other 3 regions being stronger than Region III and that HJ or Silsbee wouldn't be able to even make the regionals in the other regions.

However, since you choose to use the statement "when was the last time Navasota won a state championship, they are not exactly setting the world on fire" as your backing....well, I can play that game.  When was the last time Princeton, Pleasant Grove, Argyle, Seminole, Stafford, Lubbock Estacado, or Burkburnett won a state title?  They are not exactly setting the world on fire.  You used Roosevelt, Van, and Kennedale as your examples because they have won recent state championships.  What have those schools done before then or since?  You can try and shape your arguments/opinions however you want but, it won't work here.

BTW, since you asked, Navasota's last state title was 1990 (and I didn't have to look that up in a program either).  They went undefeated and ran the table in the weak 3A region III ::)(just for you).

I have tried to make peace with you over other issues, but it never fails if it is not LSC-PA, Ozen or some team from Houston then it is a joke, overrated or just not that good.  How about saying that these teams, coaches and players have done a great job, earned what they got and should be proud instead of saying that they got to state because of a "weak" Region.  It gets really old sometimes Walter!!!!

Guest DickVitale

Whats your point? I don't hide behind a screen name, ROB!! (what was that for?) Look, HJ is the greatest and region III in 3A should have won the last 5 state titles instead of just one....How's that? ROB!! (dude, why?)

Whats your point? I don't hide behind a screen name, ROB!! (what was that for?) Look, HJ is the greatest and region III in 3A should have won the last 5 state titles instead of just one....How's that? ROB!! (dude, why?)

Yeah you say it now, after you have 7 or 8 people harrassing you about something you said! Dude, catch a flippin clue! HELLO!?! You would think that after once or twice that this has happened you would start to watch what you said! But apparently not!

Guest spinks

I've been a head coach in Region II and Region III.  This has nothing to do with stroking HJ.  We don't need any.  This has to do with an asenine blanket statement you made regarding the other 3 regions being stronger than Region III and that HJ or Silsbee wouldn't be able to even make the regionals in the other regions.

However, since you choose to use the statement "when was the last time Navasota won a state championship, they are not exactly setting the world on fire" as your backing....well, I can play that game.  When was the last time Princeton, Pleasant Grove, Argyle, Seminole, Stafford, Lubbock Estacado, or Burkburnett won a state title?  They are not exactly setting the world on fire.  You used Roosevelt, Van, and Kennedale as your examples because they have won recent state championships.  What have those schools done before then or since?  You can try and shape your arguments/opinions however you want but, it won't work here.

BTW, since you asked, Navasota's last state title was 1990 (and I didn't have to look that up in a program either).  They went undefeated and ran the table in the weak 3A region III ::)(just for you).

I will bet he does not respond to this one!!!!!!

Guest DickVitale

I dont have to watch anything! I say what I want to say....HJ has a decent program and all, but the fans and followers come on here and pretend like they just came back here with a fourth state championship in a row or something! They have not done ANYTHING that has not been seen or done before, therefore I am not going to pretend like they have in order to make friends on here...period.

Whats the question, again? I have no problem responding to anything..You should know that by now.

Guest spinks

I dont have to watch anything! I say what I want to say....HJ has a decent program and all, but the fans and followers come on here and pretend like they just came back here with a fourth state championship in a row or something! They have not done ANYTHING that has not been seen or done before, therefore I am not going to pretend like they have in order to make friends on here...period.

Whats the question, again? I have no problem responding to anything..You should know that by now.

Oh we know you respond to everything........even when you don't know your head from your behind!!!!!! ;D ;D

Oh we know you respond to everything........even when you don't know your head from your behind!!!!!! ;D ;D

This Walter guy is making the real Dick Vitale look bad!!! Dude, just give it a rest! You're not making any sense whatsoever! Just stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What has HJ done???  State Championship 3 years ago, Regional Finalist last year and State Semi-Finalist this year..........better than any other 3A school in the state............oh but that was from a weak Region 3 that had the #7, #8, #9 and #20 team that HJ beat all of them this season!!!!  Oh and HJ was Pre-Season #1 and was ranked #11 and will finish ranked in the top 4 again.

Guest DickVitale

I am smarter than most, and just happen to be only one of few on here that has enough real life friends that I don't have to try to speak softly and friend up on a darn message board...I speak my mind and just because I am not praising HJ or Todd or even Clay for that matter, I am being attacked by the HJ faithful...Its ok. I am used to it over the WORLD WIDE WEB.....Of course that would NEVER happen that way in real life...Now would it? Lets just agree to disagree and be done with it.

What has HJ done???  State Championship 3 years ago, Regional Finalist last year and State Semi-Finalist this year..........better than any other 3A school in the state............oh but that was from a weak Region 3 that had the #7, #8, #9 and #20 team that HJ beat all of them this season!!!!  Oh and HJ was Pre-Season #1 and was ranked #11 and will finish ranked in the top 4 again.

Thats right...rankings are so very key to a program... ::)....State championships are a mere afterthought.... ::)

I am smarter than most, and just happen to be only one of few on here that has enough real life friends that I don't have to try to speak softly and friend up on a darn message board...I speak my mind and just because I am not praising HJ or Todd or even Clay for that matter, I am being attacked by the HJ faithful...Its ok. I am used to it over the WORLD WIDE WEB.....Of course that would NEVER happen that way in real life...Now would it? Lets just agree to disagree and be done with it.

Thats right...rankings are so very key to a program... ::)....State championships are a mere afterthought.... ::)

But it puts the best teams in order. Its not like they put a team that should be #50, at the #4 spot or something! They are at least respectable rankings!

See, it's this kind of statement that leads me and others to believe you are just blowing smoke. Just what do you mean that you are smarter than most? Most what? Are you saying that you are smarter than 80% of the people you come in contact with or that you know? I would like some clarification on this statement, please.

As for the friend part, I have gotten in arguments with many posters on here, including some HJ people, but that doesn't mean I can't be friends with them or they can't be friends with me. This type of discussion has nothing to do with being or gaining "friends". It's about being respectful and in return getting respect.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05