For all Dickie V Haters

I know many of you will give me the blues about this, but so!

This is ridiculous.... Of course Dickie is arrogant about his passion and profession.  Any of you on here that have went to college and studied your craft...  Any of you that have interned while in college and got a job at that profession...  Any of you that has spent ten years in that profession at many different levels from the bottom to the top position, and gotten plenty of experience...  Any of you that have become a recruiter at your job and have reasonability to hire the correct individuals to perform the job at a high level...  I know you would be arrogant about your job too.

I am willing to bet that you would not be receptive to me if I approached any of you trying to persuade you on things that you do at work, when I am not even in your field of work. 

For you Smart folk that is like a bank manager telling a chemical engineer how distillation works.

For you not so smart folks that is like a market basket bagger telling an Edward Jones broker how to set-up an investment portfolio.

Dickie V is one of the few professional opinions we have on this board and we try to shut him up?  Why?

THINK ABOUT IT!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody is telling him to shut up.................just give some respect instead of saying that people or teams are overrated because they are not Ozen, LSC-PA or some school from Houston.  That is all that we are trying to tell him.  Classifications are classifications..........regardless of which one you are in is irrelevant!!!!!!!  Don't knock Silsbee and HJ since they are 3A...........they have both been very successful the last several years and it is funny that most give them respect and that DV does not because they are not Ozen, LSC-PA or some Houston school!!!!!!!!  My guess is that DV would love to be a coach at either of those two schools.  If not then why were you a coach at Kirbyville, Anahuac, etc?????

Guest spinks

This is ridiculous.... Of course Dickie is arrogant about his passion and profession.  Any of you on here that have went to college and studied your craft...  Any of you that have interned while in college and got a job at that profession...  Any of you that has spent ten years in that profession at many different levels from the bottom to the top position, and gotten plenty of experience...  Any of you that have become a recruiter at your job and have reasonability to hire the correct individuals to perform the job at a high level...  I know you would be arrogant about your job too.

I am willing to bet that you would not be receptive to me if I approached any of you trying to persuade you on things that you do at work, when I am not even in your field of work. 

For you Smart folk that is like a bank manager telling a chemical engineer how distillation works.

For you not so smart folks that is like a market basket bagger telling an Edward Jones broker how to set-up an investment portfolio.

Dickie V is one of the few professional opinions we have on this board and we try to shut him up?  Why?

THINK ABOUT IT!

Interesting comment here because I build portfolios for a living.  If I acted the way Dickie V acts everytime I was critiqued, criticized, or disagreed with I would have been out of a job a long time ago.

Guest DickVitale

Here we go...I knew they would come out sooner or later.... ::)

See, I don't knock anyone, I just speak my mind. No harm intended.  Shorttexas is right. I will not be told anything about my business by someone who is not directly involved in my line of work. It just doesn't make sense.  I respect what HJ and Silsbee has done, I just don't worship them as you guys do, therefore its considered disrespect? Come on, guys. There is a larger world outside of SE Texas...Really, there is.. ::)

hmmm now that's funny......the market basket bagger could not have done worse the last six months or so than most portfolio managers

Guest spinks

Here we go...I knew they would come out sooner or later.... ::)

See, I don't knock anyone, I just speak my mind. No harm intended.  Shorttexas is right. I will not be told anything about my business by someone who is not directly involved in my line of work. It just doesn't make sense.  I respect what HJ and Silsbee has done, I just don't worship them as you guys do, therefore its considered disrespect? Come on, guys. There is a larger world outside of SE Texas...Really, there is.. ::)

I have always said the best thing about any coach and as a matter of fact anyone in any profession is an open mind and the willingness to learn from others who may or may not be in your profession.  You can ask nos who he has learned the most from and it is a person who has been in the financial industry for 25 years.  I have been in the financial industry for 10 years and he and I have conversations all the time and while he has forgotten more about coaching than I know he still admits that he learns things from me that he may not have thought of and etc......

I hate that you think only coaches know what is going on dickie v because learning from others is a great quality when people have it.  I love and respect your passion for basketball and think you will be a great head coach but learning from others is great.  Try it!

You do not respect Silsbee and HJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody thinks that HJ and Silsbee are worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as any elite team in the country or state for that matter.  They however are worthy of being in the same breath as the top 3A schools in the state.  As far as coaching goes there is not a better group of coaches in SE TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Nobody said they had the best coaching staff in the country or even the state of Texas.  You read and understand what you want to read and then post your biased opinion!!!!!!!! 

Guest DickVitale

I think that Silsbee and HJ are good 3A basketball programs...What more do you want me to say? As far as there not being a better coaching staff in SE Texas....that may be debatable....How can you gauge if they are actually BETTER than say....the Silsbee staff? NOT saying the Silsbee staff is better, I was just using them as an example...They did beat HJ 2 out 3 times this year....And on a neutral site....But I was only using them as a control, if you will....How can you make that staement though and be so sure?

Guest nostradamus
They did beat HJ 2 out 3 times this year....And on a neutral site....But I was only using them as a control, if you will....How can you make that staement though and be so sure?

No different than you saying that HJ or Silsbee would not even make the regional tournament in any of the other regions?  How can you make that statement?

THINK ABOUT IT!

Man DickieV jumps my case all the time but he has a right to his opinion and I respect that. He is correct, there is a world outside of SE Texas. And for those that has experienced that know how much our programs in SE Texas is missing. DickieV do your thing but just know I'm gonna make a post that will get your attention. I like how everybody just gives him a hard time. HILARIOUS ;D

It is simple..............HJ has had players like that in the past..........key word being HAD!!!!!!  They do ont tollerate that crap and the kids can find another sport to play if they do not play by the rules.  That is the coaches fault if they let that crap continue.

Being a Southeast Texan I agree on one thing... You guy should be giddy when any local team performs as well as HJ has performed in recent years.  You should be ecstatic at what Silsbee does year in and year out...  Cleveland and Jaspers' success is a big deal too....  Even all the way to Newton and Brookland... It is all about pride for your area... But don't be mad when an outsider doesn’t show your same enthusiasm.  I love Central and I have been around in years that they were successful. I will defend them regardless of what anyone says... But you guys must admit that you take it a little far with the 3A programs... Sometimes you close your eyes to the truth.... All I have seen Dickie say is that they would not be as successful as the bigger schools, they don't compare, and they will not be considered amongst the greats in the State because of their classification...

Sorry guys but that is just true.... Only 3A and this area celebrates and respects the great Kountze Teams (In my opinion have a better resume than HJ)!  But when the best programs in the State are mentioned most folks will talk about the 4A and 5A programs only, 3A and lower programs are after thoughts... Sorry if that upsets you but it is just the way it is.  The Only exception has been WOS football and that is because they have played on the bigger levels and have been successful.  The funny thing is if you pay attention, since it has moved to 3A the buzz is slowly going away.

Guest spinks

Being a Southeast Texan I agree on one thing... You guy should be giddy when any local team performs as well as HJ has performed in recent years.  You should be ecstatic at what Silsbee does year in and year out...  Cleveland and Jaspers' success is a big deal too....  Even all the way to Newton and Brookland... It is all about pride for your area... But don't be mad when an outsider doesn’t show your same enthusiasm.  I love Central and I have been around in years that they were successful. I will defend them regardless of what anyone says... But you guys must admit that you take it a little far with the 3A programs... Sometimes you close your eyes to the truth.... All I have seen Dickie say is that they would not be as successful as the bigger schools, they don't compare, and they will not be considered amongst the greats in the State because of their classification...

Sorry guys but that is just true.... Only 3A and this area celebrates and respects the great Kountze Teams (In my opinion have a better resume than HJ)!  But when the best programs in the State are mentioned most folks will talk about the 4A and 5A programs only, 3A and lower programs are after thoughts... Sorry if that upsets you but it is just the way it is.  The Only exception has been WOS football and that is because they have played on the bigger levels and have been successful.  The funny thing is if you pay attention, since it has moved to 3A the buzz is slowly going away.

First of all you are DEAD wrong!!! No one and I mean no one thinks that HJ could compete on a 4A level year in and year out.  Trust me I was on HJ's team when we were 4A and we were .500 and would have been a top 10 3A team.  With that said this area is mostly comprised of small schools and that is where we are from so we talk about just that.  Small school basketball.  Is it ridiculous for us to think our teams are "great"...........heck no it is not.  Fans are what make basketball fun and if fans want to come on here and support their team and think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread than I say let them.  Just like I say let Dickie V dog them all he wants because that is part of sports.  It is about my team against yours and we think our team is great on the 3A level and nothing more.  Let us enjoy it.  If you do not like it then don't read about it.

Guest spinks

I think ::) that is exactly what I said...  Show pride and love your team!

We show pride and love our team.  When we come on and say how great our team is we are obviously talking about on the 3A level.  The second we do it Dickie V has to come on here and go ...........yeah but it is 3A.  He just loves to talk down on them and that is fine..........it is what he wants to do.  If we want to defend our school it is ok to do as well.

Guest stevenash

I think ::) that is exactly what I said...  Show pride and love your team!

We show pride and love our team.  When we come on and say how great our team is we are obviously talking about on the 3A level.  The second we do it Dickie V has to come on here and go ...........yeah but it is 3A.  He just loves to talk down on them and that is fine..........it is what he wants to do.  If we want to defend our school it is ok to do as well.

Spinks-  There you go again.  You live in this isolated little world and you haven't seen anything or been anywhere despite the fact that you played a round several strokes better in college when you played against  the guy who was runnerup to Mickelson yesterday.  If its not your job, then your opinion doesnt count.  If it is your job such as NOS, then it doesn't count because its 3-A.  You guys need to get into the "real world".  Let me see, just how long was our current president a U.S. Senator (the real world  and the equivalent of 4-a/5-a) before he became the most powerful man on earth?

It is simple..............HJ has had players like that in the past..........key word being HAD!!!!!!  They do ont tollerate that crap and the kids can find another sport to play if they do not play by the rules.  That is the coaches fault if they let that crap continue.

So knowing a kids background and family history, you would really kick a kid off the team that only has basketball to keep him outta trouble? Being a coach you get caught up in sticky situations and who do you protect the program or that kid?

Guest spinks

So knowing a kids background and family history, you would really kick a kid off the team that only has basketball to keep him outta trouble? Being a coach you get caught up in sticky situations and who do you protect the program or that kid?

good point and that is one tough thing about being a coach!!!!!!!!!! Man I am glad I am not a coach!!!

Guest stevenash

"Protecting the kid" in short run usually does just the opposite over time.  It teaches him that he can get by without conforming and that usually encourages more bad behavior.

"Protecting the kid" in short run usually does just the opposite over time.  It teaches him that he can get by without conforming and that usually encourages more bad behavior.

by then the kid would be in jail. please stay outta the coaching world...lol..sounds like you rather take care of a program than take care of a kid...good luck...lol

Guest spinks

Hey guys... It is all good... Go HJ... But now I see why Dickie picks on yall... This pretty fun.  Any comment contrary to your opinion gets you guys panties all bunched up.  It is quite hilarious.  If I were an antagonist I would prey on you all as well!

Oh trust me............we have just as much fun with him as he does with us ;)

by then the kid would be in jail. please stay outta the coaching world...lol..sounds like you rather take care of a program than take care of a kid...good luck...lol

I am not a coach and never will be first of all!!!!!!!!!!!  But the team is my concern first, then the individual players on the team.  One bad apple can spoil the entire basket.  Or one thug can ruin the entire team.  Take it how you want, but if I have a bad apple (regardless of how good he is) then he is GONE!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05