For all Dickie V Haters

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

Hey look at us (Ozen) we are Elite....last won state in 01!!!!!!!!!!! ::) ::) ::)

Uhhhh...lets see. OZEN..10 straight district titles (only losing 3 times in district in 10 years) 4 state FINALS appearances and a championship in 10 years of existence in 4A versus....HJ....4 state APPEARANCES, 3 titles in 3A in more than 75 years of existence......I would say that its not even close.

I'm still waiting for my answer.

won state in 01, state finalists in 02, 03, and 07. lost in the reg. semis last year.

I guess I don't know Ozen's history, but they won state when?  When was the last time they went to Regionals, or State. I am seriously just wondering, I do not know.

been to the state tourney about 4 times won state once and goes to regionals just about every year and only been open for 11 years

Guest spinks

hey kenny that player from HJ that went to LCM after his 10th grade year;  where would you rank him on just pure scoring ability.

at the TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP.  I played with him and he flat out knew how to score.  I believe he either holds or held the state record for avg pts per game.  He was awesome!!!

Hey look at us (Ozen) we are Elite....last won state in 01!!!!!!!!!!! ::) ::) ::)

Uhhhh...lets see. OZEN..10 straight district titles (only losing 3 times in district in 10 years) 4 state FINALS appearances and a championship in 10 years of existence in 4A versus....HJ....4 state APPEARANCES, 3 titles in 3A in more than 75 years of existence......I would say that its not even close.

I'm still waiting for my answer.

won state in 01, state finalists in 02, 03, and 07. lost in the reg. semis last year.

I was in no way comparing Ozen to HJ!!!!!!!!!  I was just saying that I do not think that Ozen is one of the elite teams in 4A anymore.  They will be back, but when?????

Guest DickVitale

Ozen should have won more state titles than what they one when you have perkins and Young on the team and chappell.........

Uh yeah, but in 2002 Dallas Lincoln (who beat us in the state final) had Bosh, Hopkins and Shipman....They were kinda talented too, you know! ;) in 2003 it was a team full of sophomores with Perkins and Young and ended up going 34-1 losing to a seasoned Fort Worth Dunbar team in the state ttitle game. I his (Kendrick Perkins) four years there the records were 30-5, 36-0, 33-2, and 34-1. 2000 to 2003 we only lost to Texas teams in the 02 and 03 state finals...(one other loss to Rice HS out of New York at the Academy Invitational in 2002) Played teams from 10 different states that year. We took care of business during that era, please believe me. ;)

Hypathetically If you were to combined Silsbee's and HJ's school it would be about the same numbers as enrollment as Ozen, if this is correct, then combine this years basketball team, They would be able to compete with the 4A teams you speak of. Wow what a team it would be.

Yeah and if my grandma had gonads she would be my grandpa!! That is, hypothetically speaking of course.... ::)  You cannot compare that...apples and tomatoes! Not even oranges!  8)

Poppabear I would have to disagree with some of your statement.  All though the numbers might be close the students to choose from is in Ozens favor.  They literally have all of BISD to choose from you would have to throw in Kountze and Jasper and would still be less students,  but wouldn't that be a fun team if they had time to gel together over 3 or 4 years.  Imagine the type of team they could put on the floor.  I will say I say Yates play this year and MAN they where quick and believe it or not they where 7 or 8 strong and distributed the ball around.

Ozen should have won more state titles than what they one when you have perkins and Young on the team and chappell.........

Well that just shows you how competitive 4a and 5a are its a hole diffrent type of game fromm 1a 2a 3a and thats the truth! what HJ has done in 3a the past couple of years is GREAT they have awsome coaching and talent but.... its much harder IMO to get to the state tourny in 4A and 5A just so much talent and skill on both teams with more depth!! IMO the state teams some yr in 1A can compete with the state champ from 2A and 2a compete and sometime beat the State team from 3A but the biggest gap is between 3a and 4a the state team from 3a would be hard for them to make it a game with the team from 4a its just not gonna happen you can have a 1 or 2 studs in 1a 2a 3a and make the state tourny but in 4a and 5a it takes more than that ex... ( Yates vs Kimball the best player on the floor IMO is the PG from Kimball all around great player but they still got beat by 25) but if you took that PG and put him on HJ they would have won state its just takes more talent to get to the state tourny in 4a and 5a then it does small schools!! but what HJ has done is Great and they have become a powerhouse in 3A and no team should ever overlook them in the playoffs :) and i cant wait to watch some more of there game next season !!!!!

Guest stevenash

You are correct, I was baiting someone else into that....as someone else said they are a charter school pulling kids in from a 5A and several 4A schools.

[/Have all of you posters in this thread not learned the facts yet?  All of you (except 1, of course) are without knowledge and therefore, your opinion does not count.  You people who follow 3-a basketball don't really "understand" basketball and "live in a sheltered world".  There is a very big world out there and you know nothing unless you have spent some time in Houston or Dallas.  This is one 3-a hick who still wonders why Perkins was attempting 3 pointers in that state championship game but I have resigned myself to the fact that I really don't "know" what was going on and the intricate/complex strategy involved in that effort exceeds my comprehension abilities.quote]

Guest DickVitale

He took ONE three at the END of the game.....BTW, he went 4-4 from three in a district game that year....and now he's a pro...HJ have one of those?

Let me see DV you take WB 5A and Central 5A and make a 4A school with their best athletes I would say they should win  more state titles.

Another dumb comment....Does your Special Ed inclusion teacher know that you are typing on the computer in her class? ;)

The kids in the Ozen neighborhood are the ones that are there....just as anywhere else...Westbrook and Central have a grand total of ZERO state titles, even BEFORE Ozen came along.....NONE, ZILCH, ZERO....Now all of a sudden the athletes were "taken"? How retarded is that?

Well that just shows you how competitive 4a and 5a are its a hole diffrent type of game fromm 1a 2a 3a and thats the truth! what HJ has done in 3a the past couple of years is GREAT they have awsome coaching and talent but.... its much harder IMO to get to the state tourny in 4A and 5A just so much talent and skill on both teams with more depth!! IMO the state teams some yr in 1A can compete with the state champ from 2A and 2a compete and sometime beat the State team from 3A but the biggest gap is between 3a and 4a the state team from 3a would be hard for them to make it a game with the team from 4a its just not gonna happen you can have a 1 or 2 studs in 1a 2a 3a and make the state tourny but in 4a and 5a it takes more than that ex... ( Yates vs Kimball the best player on the floor IMO is the PG from Kimball all around great player but they still got beat by 25) but if you took that PG and put him on HJ they would have won state its just takes more talent to get to the state tourny in 4a and 5a then it does small schools!! but what HJ has done is Great and they have become a powerhouse in 3A and no team should ever overlook them in the playoffs :) and i cant wait to watch some more of there game next season !!!!!

That's funny, since Dallas Madison 3A state champ beat Dallas Kimball this year. Also, Argyle a 3A quarterfinalist defeated Kimball this year.

That's funny, since Dallas Madison 3A state champ beat Dallas Kimball this year. Also, Argyle a 3A quarterfinalist defeated Kimball this year.

Hmm well cant argue with that lol

Guest stevenash

Hmm well cant argue with that lol

Don't bet on it.

Guest DickVitale

lets see hasnt an ozen player and central player brothers.  If you cant read let me spell it out to you 1 5a WB and 1 5a Central to a 4a.  Yes they did get to choose which school,  it just voids some of greatness admit it.

As I have said before...Phillip WAS at Ozen and transferred out after 9th grade...How is that a reflection on Ozen? Westbrook and Central HAD NOT WON ANYTHING BEFORE OZEN! There was no All-Star team assembled from those schools.... ???

atleast some one will agree it is a magnet school.  The only difference in ozen and most others is ozen doesnt declare a sports magnet, and they get to stay in 4a rather than move up to 5a.  DV imagine wb and central combining back when sneed played for wb and drop them down a division.  From what you say the lower you drop in divisions the easier to win it all.  So basically Ozen can legally have students from wb and central.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05