For all Dickie V Haters

Guest DickVitale

Well since you put it that way......HECK NO!! Central could have kids from Ozen and Westbrook and Westbrook could have kids from Ozen and Central according to that theory!  ::) ::) Stop trying to make excuses why the Ozen basketball program is better than the others in BISD. It was just built that way, thats all. Try saying that Ozen had a great coaching staff that built a program there, headed up by one of the best in Texas..Try that one. The "magnet' excuse is getting old.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow another BISD fan and difference of facts.  Well I guess someone doesn't understand the way it was all set up for BISD.  I think Boutte has a great record and is well respected in the basketball community.  One thing I have noticed is how his game plans changed over the years.  01 team would take it too you beat you like a dog and this year slow and stall makes for a boring game.  Maybe it is just me but the reason you stall is because you cant run.  Please explain Master Vitale.

Guest DickVitale

No that is not the reason, and to be honest its not worth me really explaining why we did certain things in certain situations to you because you would not understand anyway, especially since you think it was a "stall". The object is to win, and thats what we did. Once again if it were a certain HJ coach doing it, he would be considered a genius....SE Texas.... ::) ::)

Kenny Pickens at the Melton Y has a lot of those kids from 4th grade through 10th grade. Maybe he has to get some credit for Ozen's success.  There are some parents who can't handle the way Kenny coaches ( he cusses at his practice, etc) but I like the way he makes the younger guys play with and against the older Ozen players during the off-season. And Ozen keeps it's gym open during the summer for kids to play basketball all summer. A very good recruiting tool ;)

I must explain, I do not live in HJ country I live in the 4A district and follow this.  Stall by my definition is with more than 3 minutes left in the first half holding the ball at half court is a stall.  And yes I am talking about the YMBL Championship.  Admit it they looked over matched.

Guest stevenash

No that is not the reason, and to be honest its not worth me really explaining why we did certain things in certain situations to you because you would not understand anyway, especially since you think it was a "stall". The object is to win, and thats what we did. Once again if it were a certain HJ coach doing it, he would be considered a genius....SE Texas.... ::) ::)

WRONG:  If it was an HJ coach that elected to do it, it would simply be dismissed as "he didn't know any better" because he lives a "sheltered life" and 3-a basketball is unworthy of consideration.

Guest DickVitale

Kenny Pickens at the Melton Y has a lot of those kids from 4th grade through 10th grade. Maybe he has to get some credit for Ozen's success.  There are some parents who can't handle the way Kenny coaches ( he cusses at his practice, etc) but I like the way he makes the younger guys play with and against the older Ozen players during the off-season. And Ozen keeps it's gym open during the summer for kids to play basketball all summer. A very good recruiting tool ;)

::) ::)..Ozen has never recruited players.....Now, Houston Wheatley.....They RECRUIT!....You know that, don't you DOVE?

Guest DickVitale

I must explain, I do not live in HJ country I live in the 4A district and follow this.  Stall by my definition is with more than 3 minutes left in the first half holding the ball at half court is a stall.  And yes I am talking about the YMBL Championship.  Admit it they looked over matched.

Was the result an Ozen win? Yes. Is that not the object of the game? Or is it to entertain some fans who really don't know what they are watching anyway?..Which year were you speaking of?

Guest stevenash

Was the result an Ozen win? Yes. Is that not the object of the game? Or is it to entertain some fans who really don't know what they are watching anyway?..Which year were you speaking of?

Now none of the fans know anything either.  Before all is said and done, why do I get the feeling that there may only be 1 person who "really knows" anything?

HJ got rid of arguably one of the best players to ever put on a HJ uniform about 10 years ago.  He left and finished his high school career at LCM.  HJ does not tolerate players that feel they are special or should get special treatment.  Tells me the coach does not have a "backbone"..........Pun intented!!!!!!!!

its not about having a back bone its about helping kids. coaches get to caught into winning so much they forget the real reason they became a coach

your argument is backwards.  if it's not about winning, and it's about helping the kids, you'd let kids go unpunished so that they can continue to play basketball?  you're saying he's too worried about winning because he'd kick a troublemaker off the team??? kicking a kid off the team or suspending him is one of the best things that can happen to a young man going down the wrong path.  if he loves basketball and his team enough, he'll straighten up.  he'll learn that his actions have consequences, and that being 6'9" or having a sweet jumpshot does not make up for acting like a fool off the court.  "helping" a kid by letting him get away with things and keeping him on the team will just reinforce the belief that he is above the rules because he's a good ballplayer. 

that is very understandable but what happens when you go to kick him off or suspend a player for a game, the people above you step in and stop it everytime cuz they know what the kid would be doing if he wasnt playing basketball

yeah right.  the only reason they stop it is to keep him on the team so they will keep winning.  you honestly think anyone out there says "well, he's getting in trouble all the time, but imagine how much trouble he'll get in if we kick him off the team.  let's keep him in the program for his sake!"  no way that happens.  he stays because he can ball, and that's it.  if he's not very good, he's off the team.

::) ::)..Ozen has never recruited players.....Now, Houston Wheatley.....They RECRUIT!....You know that, don't you DOVE?

:-X :-X :-X Hmmm? Ya know Dickie, I just remembered something. A certain coach ( I'll just use a false name here..Dickie V, Sr.)tried to recruit me from going to Wheatley ;)

Wheatley doesn't have to recruit. The ballers are in their backyard.

Guest DickVitale

:-X :-X :-X Hmmm? Ya know Dickie, I just remembered something. A certain coach ( I'll just use a false name here..Dickie V, Sr.)tried to recruit me from going to Wheatley ;)

Wheatley doesn't have to recruit. The ballers are in their backyard.

Yeah thats because HE went to Wheatley too, and thats what they do!!! :D :D

Guest stevenash

hey DV didnt ozen lose to Eisenhower during this strategic great coaching stall.

Get a clue, Know all.  You are just a country boy trying to debate some one from the "big leagues". Surely you don't think you have a chance, do you?

to be honest he should be given credit for alot of success aorund beaumont. he coached the Central 99 team to

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05