LIVE CHAT: Lamar football coach Ray Woodard

Guest coachacola

LU got offered an exhibition game by a club football program. Never heard if they accepted, but I'm sure I would have if they did.

So, SHSU @ LU in 2010, which I'm guessing means that we do not have Prairie View A&M. So, that's @ LU, @ Western Illinois, @ Baylor and home for Gardner-Webb. Would have preferred two OOC home games to get us six, but that's how things crumble. Perhaps we no longer have Baylor on anymore, not sure...

Guest coachacola

The SHSU game should get a lot of fans, especially with SHSU being so close and a lot of students and alumni of SHSU in Houston.

I also found it interesting that Woodard said he heard that UTSA would be playing in the SLC in 2012.  I wonder how accurate that is considering that UTSA wants to jump to FBS as soon as possible.

I do not see how UTSA could get in until 2013.

With LU coming into the SLC in 2011, the schedule is set through 2012 (it may be 2014, I forget). Either way, would not think the SLC would want to add schools in back-to-back years. May be more than willing to help UTSA schedule in 2011 and 2012, as is the case with Lamar getting four schools (with at least SHSU right in the heart of SLC play).

Man I was gone in meetings during this chat... I wanted to ask if they were planning on playing any exhibition games this year.

South Alabama is due to release their schedule soon. Their coach has been quoted as saying they'll be able to recruit some of the kids they play against - as in they are playing JUCO squads. That's smart!

Here's one of their opponents for their "exhibition year" -- Huntingdon College.

This is the hidden content, please

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43