NEW GUY IN B.C.

TLB0

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hicks throw n >>92<< and a JR>>>>come on now...

I don't have a dog in this fight other than I have seen Matt throw in a game and in lessons. You can take the fact that he is a Jr. out of it. He is one of the most impressive kids I have ever seen on the mound if not the most impressive. The command he shows is unbelievable. Does that mean he will never have a bad day? No. If you are a pitcher sooner or later you are going to get lit up and or have a bad day. Instead of sitting on the computer doubting him, why don't you go watch him play. He is a better kid than he is a baseball player and that's saying something. I can only hope my boys look at Matt and want to be like him and I'm not just talking about being a baseball player.

Hicks throw n >>92<< and a JR>>>>come on now...

I don't have a dog in this fight other than I have seen Matt throw in a game and in lessons. You can take the fact that he is a Jr. out of it. He is one of the most impressive kids I have ever seen on the mound if not the most impressive. The command he shows is unbelievable. Does that mean he will never have a bad day? No. If you are a pitcher sooner or later you are going to get lit up and or have a bad day. Instead of sitting on the computer doubting him, why don't you go watch him play. He is a better kid than he is a baseball player and that's saying something. I can only hope my boys look at Matt and want to be like him and I'm not just talking about being a baseball player.

Woooa I've seen him pitch more than once, there is NO dought he's a gamer along with a ICON for younger players as his dedication is second to none. I just questioned him at 92 and a Jr thats all, but I'm sure you too have heard of kids that are supposed to be in the 90s. I have heard this more than a cpl of times, I overheard some men talking about a boy at HJ throwing 94, for the record it was my son they were talking about and he never touched the 90s in high school, college yes but not in HS and he was 6'4". Maybe (hopefully) Matt will be another Billy Wagner>>short with plenty of gas...

wow...

we went from the "new kid" to Matt Hicks...

I have seen Matt off the field, before a game...humble, and not arrogant.  On the field, plain and simple, the kid can play the game.  

I got an idea...let's just see what the season holds...that's the fun of baseball...those lucky youngsters get to play the game, we get to watch it.  we get to see young men live up to the hype of the community, and we get to see other young men create their own noise...we get to see leaping catches, balls going over the fence, hard hit line drives that just go over an outstretched glove, and sometimes...a little "grand theft baseball" when that fielder finds that "extra something" in his body, and robs a sure base hit from the batter...

We get to see young men succeed, we get to see them struggle...and in all of this, let us not forget...they are YOUNG men, with a lot of life ahead of them...us old beasts have had our chance at greatness and glory...let us enjoy this for what it is...a game, an sporting event that entertains, and teaches.  We, as fans, have a responsibility...to be the best we can..to cheer them on, and in the case of loss...to stand by our team...

From PG scouting report (he was 88 off the bump; 7.15 in 60):

Caleb Kellogg is a 2010 RHP/OF with a 6'1'', 174 lb. frame from DeQuincy, LA who attends DeQuincy HS. Lean projectable build, sloping shoulders, toned lower half. Athletic in outfield, high energy, quick to ball, longer release and big raw arm strength, 95 from OF, ball jumps from hand, accurate to bases. Aggressive at plate, short path to ball, patient, good bat speed, runs well - good out of box, shows lift in swing. Full windup on mound, longer arm in back and it works with relative ease, good spin on BB's, buries SL, effective changing speeds, ball jumps on hitter, defensive swings against him. High level two way prospect. Named to Top Prospect team.

How about you give us his shoe size, cereal that he eats for breakfast, his mom's maiden name, and what make of vehicle that he drives because this is the only thing you haven't talked about yet. I'm tired of hearing about BC.  Especially one player, talk about the team as a whole.  Even if they lose, there is always an excuse  They're good but not in the pro's yet (21-3A  everyone doesn't have to hype up what they do) Take five minutes and think about something besides BC.  (everyone)

If you don't like BC or hearing about them, it's a funny thing that you would waste your time coming onto this particular thread, much less post about it.  Sounds like you or your team might have been spanked before by the Cardinals and you have a little bitterness towards them!  I hope these boys make lots of noise in the area and you then will have to go stick your head in the sand in order not to hear about them.

I just think that yall need to get off of one person and leave him alone for a while.  And as for you, stick your head underwater and breathe.

You are the one that made the comments above and it's alot more than leaving one player alone, you were making statements about being tired of hearing about BC and how they make excuses if they lose.  Again, if you are sick of hearing about them and think they are hyped up, why are you reading something posted about them?  That makes alot of sense.  And while your head is buried deep in that sand, inhale slowly.   ;D

Well if i'm not mistaking, when President Hicks left yall standing on the field crying all alone, everyone from BC suddenly started doubting the future of the team.          All of a sudden he's back, and we have a chance.  Get some more people that actually have talent, that way tears will be saved if he ever leaves yall again.

Are you saying Bridge City doesnt have talent? Im sure we could pitch any of our pitchers and beat whatever team your on!!! We have ALWAYS had a chance...I can proove that...Now we have a chance at state, like always.

Whoa!! PUMP THE BRAKES. I'm not doubting "TEAM HICKS"  I'm just saying that I could put 8 blind Hellen Kellers on the field With "TEAM HICKS" pitching and still have a chance at state.  It's kind of hard to hit off of someone who throws 92.

Bring your gun, Mr. Jealously  ;D and time his speed this year!  Or better yet just try to bat against him.

I guess that is pointed at me, Jealous>>NOT really, why should I be, mine did thro in the 90s played college ball along with 2 yrs with the Rangers org,>>read above post, I have caught a pitcher that did thro in the 90s consistantly with a gun behind me, I was refering to how the actuall speed seem to climb from what it really is. I do know from watching the diff in a 85 and 90+ actually you can hear the diff esspecially if catching, BUT what the hay do I know...BTW what does your reseme consist of ??

WELL SAID ELHECTOR. LOOK GUYS I AM SORRY. WHEN I STARTED THIS THREAD I WAS JUST A CARDINAL FAN CURIOUS ABOUT WHO THE NEW GUY WAS. I DID NOT MEAN FOR ALL THIS TO START. IAM SORRY MATT YOUR NAME JUST SEEMS TO POP UP EVERY TIME B.C. BASEBALL IS TALKED ABOUT. I DID NOT MEAN FOR THIS THREAD TO BRING YOUR NAME UP AND GET PEOPLE ON YOU(AGAIN) I THINK ELHECTOR SAID IT ALL THANKS FOR BRINGING US BACK TO REALITY.

Yes he will.I talked to the coach the other day and he has already played in a couple of JV games. He has a thirty day probation period to wait until he can be eligable for varsity ball.I am not sure when that period is up. I do know he pitched at the LC-M Vs BC junior varsity game so it should be soon.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo