PNG non district 09 schedule

It should be this based off last year

vs Barbers Hill

vs Crosby

vs Texas City

NOTE: ALL HOME NON-DISTRICT GAMES AFTER BEING ON THE ROAD MOST OF LAST YEAR

Also the Texas City game was cancelled that was supposed to be at their place not sure what they agreed for this year.

They beat both Barbers Hill and Crosby last year so maybe they could pull that off again, Texas City on the other hand could be a tall task.

Barbers Hill won't have many athletes, but first game under new system at PNG could be shaky.

Crosby will be very tuff next year. Junior to be QB D. Mercka is a future star and they return the big WR also.

Tx City is an anigma? Not sure what they will bring to the Reservation other than a history of good running teams with stout defense??

No one in their right mind could predict PNG's record for next year right now, because of all of the missing variables (new coaches, new systems, new players, etc..).

I concur.  But, I also think we'll get a better feel of the situation when they have spring training.

Barbers Hill won't have many athletes, but first game under new system at PNG could be shaky.

Crosby will be very tuff next year. Junior to be QB D. Mercka is a future star and they return the big WR also.

Tx City is an anigma? Not sure what they will bring to the Reservation other than a history of good running teams with stout defense??

No one in their right mind could predict PNG's record for next year right now, because of all of the missing variables (new coaches, new systems, new players, etc..).

The Hill doesn't have anyone returning,1st game at home with new coach should be a win...

Crosby with the Merka kid back at QB will be tough..Too much speed..a loss

Texas City will be loss number 2........

I agree with you. Crosby should have a lot of O (QB-Merka, Jr RB Tyler and the big WR whose name I can't remember) and with a playoff win and close loss last year I think they'll be confident. Texas City returns a lot of a good run D and will be tough on the new system. Throwing is the way to beat TC and I just don't know if the aerial game will be refined enough yet against all those athletes at TC. I love that TC is on the schedule though.

But.... a 1-2 predistrict record won't be indicative of how good PNG will be next year. I just think it will take some game experience to get the kids in a groove. Crosby and TC are proven teams in proven systems... no shame in a loss to them, especially early in the year.

Once district starts, I think PNG will be a dangerous team due to a number of unfamiliarities to their opponents (coach, system, personnel in different spots), and a renewed excitement at the RES.

Good luck PNG and prove me wrong on the 1-2 part of my comment!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo