Best district 19-4A individual and team statistics

Guest patriot117

There is no good, accurate source. I know we have one parent that keeps stats on EVERYTHING! But it is up to the coach to give any official stats to the Chronicle or other sources. Baseball stats are so subjective in terms of Batting average, etc... I would bet if you looked at three people who are keeping a "book" at a game, you would see three different scoring's.

There is no good, accurate source. I know we have one parent that keeps stats on EVERYTHING! But it is up to the coach to give any official stats to the Chronicle or other sources. Baseball stats are so subjective in terms of Batting average, etc... I would bet if you looked at three people who are keeping a "book" at a game, you would see three different scoring's.

exactly--not so much the stat as it is the stat keeper

Guest patriot117

I really wish baseball would go to an "offical" scorer similiar to football.

Kind of reminds me of the Little League All-Star picks, when a coach would bring in stats on all of his so-called .900 hitters.

I guess it's not cost efficient. Just would be nice.

I agree. You'll very seldom if ever have 2 people score a game the same way. I keep a book at our games just to be able to post updates about the team. I can guarantee you mine is different many times from the others that are being kept.

Kind of reminds me of the Little League All-Star picks, when a coach would bring in stats on all of his so-called .900 hitters.

I coached little league all the way through and never had a kid hit more than .500 and every year had guys presenting kids with the .600 and above averages that might have had 15 at bats against my team and never had a base hit. It always amazed me how guys came up with their averages.

Guest patriot117

I coached little league all the way through and never had a kid hit more than .500 and every year had guys presenting kids with the .600 and above averages that might have had 15 at bats against my team and never had a base hit. It always amazed me how guys came up with their averages.

Ball in play = Hit

Ball in play = Hit

Exactly ;D And those same guys, I would bet, still score it the same way!

I actually did coach a kid one year.....14-year old who played league ball because he was cut from the freshman high school team...hit a legtimate .651 for the season............oh, and he pitched also.  ;)

I used to cringe when I heard the LL scoring a routine pop fly to the OF a hit beacuse the outfielder didn't touch it.  ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou