BH 26 Jasper7 final/ Post game comments

KFDM COOP

Very sloppy game.....my thought is BH defense looked good most of the night....BH couldn't run the ball all night but could have thrown all night......I felt like they did a good job realizing it was a defensive battle tonight and they played a no turnover ball game.....Jasper is a young football team with some talent......the longer the year the better I wouldn't want to play these guys later

BH defense stepped it up yet another notch i think. D Line played the best I've seen in the past 2 years. Still some "jelling" needed in the secondary but overall a good game. If that intensity and hustle is there BH will be tough to score on. Offense is still not quite there. Yes sloppy. But showed alot of flashes of what could be. Matter of fact I think miles from where we need to be and will be in another few weeks. I know our offense is a run, run, short pass, go deep once every now and again. But with the weapons we have out there we could stretch the field a little more than we do. Maybe the plan is to do that in the near future. Overall awesome job Eagles! You make proud

Very nice win for Barbers Hill. Even if Jasper is having a down year' date=' if you go into the "Boneyard" and win by 19 points, you've got something to be proud of. 19 points is equivalent to a three TD win, so it looks like you hit the target, Eagletown.[/quote']

It wasn't 3 TDs. It was 2 TDs, a field goal and a safety 8)

I knew they couldn't beat us by 3 TDS at the boneyard.

The stats were very surprising to me. Jody said the scored should have been Jasper losing by 50..go figure :)

Don't be surprised if Jasper is playoff for a playoff spot week 10. These aren't cupcake teams that Jasper is getting beat by. It is to be expected that Jasper has some down years every few years. Might be lean for a few years, but the Dogs will fight hard a long the way.

Dang Griff, you took all the fun out me getting to rub it in.

By the way Huper, I said the score would be 28-7!!!

Other posters labeled it as three TD's.

Nice W for the Hill, even though I hear it was an ugly one.

Oh, by the way, Giddings is the REAL DEAL!!

They romped Kashmere 52-6 with the starting offense only playing two series in the 3rd quarter.

The BH D is awesome and the only reason we are 2-0 at this point IMHO. We have the talent on Offense but, I think as usual the play calling holds them back. I can't understand having a reciever like Mason Fisher who was being gaurded in single coverage most of the night by a guy 5'5" only getting thrown to twice?????? the first throw was a 30 yard gain and the second he got tripped up. Mason could have scored 4 TD's that game easy!!! I know the kids are making mistakes on the field as well and that is exspected, but the Offensive play calling for BH has to get better. Ok I got my rant for the day out. Still a good win, but this team has a lot of potential and scoring 23 and 26 points a game will not be enough against better teams. The D can't do it all.

Jasper will get better and doesn't deserve being called week, they are playing good teams and I think will still make a run in district. Glad I got to see the Boneyard! I thougt it was a great place to watch some football!!! A lot of history on that field and you could feal it when you walked in. Good luck to Jasper !!

I fully agree with the play calling. Mason is very much an underused weapon this year but he has Mike Davis out there too. He is big, strong, and deceptivly fast. He showed that against Wharton. Those two guys should be tired of catching and running at games end.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4

• There are so many laws on ballots that it could probably be a degree course. Some say things like, you have to declare your party before January 1 each election year (so in the previous year) and you can’t change. So a potential candidate can’t declare to be a Democrat in December 2023 and then in May 2024 decide to file paperwork to run as a Republican. Each state is different though on dates (including actually different dates on “major” and “minor” parties), appeals, party affiliations, changes to the ballot by any means and so on. The Nevada alone for the 2023-2024 elections season is 9 pages with links to other pages.  The states combined might have thousands of pages of election information. The Texas Election Code has about 160…. Chapters. I could understand where a person could read a line or two and say, “Aha! That’s the answer” and ignore 567 pages. 
    • Congrats Horns. Could be a big season for yall coming up 
    • When did Woodville get a Jacob Hunter on the roster 😂 
    • And for what it’s worth, can we stop calling something we don’t agree with “a lie?” That’s literally what people are doing now, media included. If Trump says “I don’t think climate change is that big of a deal, some tree hugger will yell “he’s a liar!” And the talking heads will put another tic mark on the lie list. I saw the other day where some jerk researched trump’s presidency and said “he averaged 21 lies per day.” I agree that he’s a liar, but come on… 21 per day? They’re like “…then Trump said Biden is doing a bad job… another lie.”
    • That’s not a lie… in the buildup to the reversal of Roe v Wade, some states (like Texas) were putting in very restrictive abortion bans that would take effect on the off chance that Roe v Wade was overturned.   Other states (like Virginia) set in place rules even less restrictive than the ones in Roe v Wade…. And the Governor of Virginia was proud to say that abortion was legal right up until the baby was born.   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up FWIW, a state rep from Va authored a bill that would loosen restriction.  Asked to clarify, she said that a woman who was actively dialated would be able to request an abortion. After an uproar, she backtracked.  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up The headline of the article incorrectly states that trump’s statement was a lie… it’s not, IMO.   
  • Topics