All Southeast Texas Decade teams

Ok Im going to throw a name out there and Dicky V before you go crazy (LOL) I will say that he would never make the list and probably shouldn't, but was 1 hell of a player.  JB Blume from High Island back in the mid 90's was really good player.  He actually was in the Texas All-Time season scoring average (not sure if he still is), but he averaged like 28 pt/game his Sr year.  He also went to LU to play but it never worked out.

He was like a kid from Kansas or Nebraska who plays NAIA Div 12 football and ran for 98,000 yards in 3 seasons. :D  Even though he did it against terrible competition, its still worth noting, because its a great accomplishment.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest spinks

Ok Im going to throw a name out there and Dicky V before you go crazy (LOL) I will say that he would never make the list and probably shouldn't, but was 1 heck of a player.  JB Blume from High Island back in the mid 90's was really good player.  He actually was in the Texas All-Time season scoring average (not sure if he still is), but he averaged like 28 pt/game his Sr year.  He also went to LU to play but it never worked out.

He was like a kid from Kansas or Nebraska who plays NAIA Div 12 football and ran for 98,000 yards in 3 seasons. :D  Even though he did it against terrible competition, its still worth noting, because its a great accomplishment.

Forgot about him..............guy could play.

Guest spinks

How about Artis Beatie (sp??) Woodville 90's, Kenyon Spears HJ, and T. Thomas EC

And for you HJ guys, would you put Isabelle, Holmes, or both on the 90's team

I would put both if there were room but holmes was soooooooooooo critical to that teams success. 

Poppa it is kind of hard to put harrison on the list when he was the 3rd or 4th best player on the team.  Do not get me wrong the guy could play but Isabel, Holmes, and Burke were all great to!

Guest spinks

At LCM?  ::) ::) LCM..... ::)......Throop HAD to shoot 95% of the time and he DID! Real good player on a below average team...Should NOT be on the list.

Throop had a guy by the name of Chris Jenkins I believe who played the opposite gaurd and was very solid so he had a good supporting cast.  The reason he scored on every play is because he is probably one of the best scorers this area has EVER seen.  He couldnt gaurd Lazeek but he knew was able to read a defense like NO ONE i have ever seen. He was average athletically and lit up Lincoln EVERY time he saw them!!!!!!

Guest spinks

DV will never admit that a white kid from a small school could play or should even be on that list!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

That is the thing about it Lazeek.........he only played 2 years at HJ and the other 2 years at a "BIG 4A".............his freshman year he did not play ONE and I said not ONE varsity game until the first playoff game and he scored 25 hitting a half court shot at the end of the first half.  Then in his sophomore year he started at the 3 guard position opposite of Kenyon Spears on what most people would call the most talented team in HJ history and averaged 25 a game. Guy was amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Guest DickVitale

DV will never admit that a white kid from a small school could play or should even be on that list!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Did I not put Shannon Holmes on my original list? See, you guys DO think I should use the "alternate" avatar!! ::)....I am NOT from here, so to me color does not matter!!! :D

That is the thing about it Lazeek.........he only played 2 years at HJ and the other 2 years at a "BIG 4A".............his freshman year he did not play ONE and I said not ONE varsity game until the first playoff game and he scored 25 hitting a half court shot at the end of the first half.  Then in his sophomore year he started at the 3 guard position opposite of Kenyon Spears on what most people would call the most talented team in HJ history and averaged 25 a game. Guy was amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Spinks, Tanner and I was talking about that team the other day and HOLY CRAP that team was loaded.  Y'all were juiced at every single position.  I'm not saying they any more talented than the great '91 team, but boy pound for pound talent wise they had to be up there with them.  I just thank God that we were still playing football in the playoffs, otherwise that game could gotten ugly, because we weren't very good early in that '96 season.

BTW, as a defender you had to know what was coming with Throop every single play (3 pt shoot, or fake the 3 pt 2 dribbles down the baseline for the pull up jumper), but there wasn't anything you could do about it.  Kid was GREAT on the court.

Did I not put Shannon Holmes on my original list? See, you guys DO think I should use the "alternate" avatar!! ::)....I am NOT from here, so to me color does not matter!!! :D

Yes you put it, but you had to because there was nobody else for you to put!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

It is all fun and games DV!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Guest DickVitale

Yes you put it, but you had to because there was nobody else for you to put!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

True, true!!! :D :D...So, which avatar should I use? Did you check out my alternate one?

Guest spinks

Spinks, Tanner and I was talking about that team the other day and HOLY CRAP that team was loaded.  Y'all were juiced at every single position.  I'm not saying they any more talented than the great '91 team, but boy pound for pound talent wise they had to be up there with them.  I just thank God that we were still playing football in the playoffs, otherwise that game could gotten ugly, because we weren't very good early in that '96 season.

BTW, as a defender you had to know what was coming with Throop every single play (3 pt shoot, or fake the 3 pt 2 dribbles down the baseline for the pull up jumper), but there wasn't anything you could do about it.  Kid was GREAT on the court.

Yes that team was loaded.  I was fortunate enough to be moved up and down on the team all year and got to play some early in the season with them.  Nos will admit that talent wise 1 through 7 that team was much more talented.  I remember that game getting cancelled and we were pumped for it as our fball were just coming out of reg season and you guys decided not to play.  Nothing like the old HJ/EC games..............man they were fun!!!!!

Yes that team was loaded.  I was fortunated enough to be moved up and down on the team all year and got to play some early in the season with them.  Nos will admit that talent wise 1 through 7 that team was much more talented.  I remember that game getting cancelled and we were pumped for it as our fball were just coming out of reg season and you guys decided not to play.  Nothing like the old HJ/EC games..............man they were fun!!!!!

I would definetly conceded to HJ early in the season, but we would have had a WAR during the Playoffs and it could have went either way.  We really hit our stride that year in late Feb/early March.  TJ was UNREAL late in that season (he had 51 pts against Top 5 3a Crockett in a warm up game).

Guest stevenash

True, true!!! :D :D...So, which avatar should I use? Did you check out my alternate one?

I suspect this avatar is more closely aligned with your thoughts and values.

Guest spinks

Yes that team was loaded.  I was fortunated enough to be moved up and down on the team all year and got to play some early in the season with them.  Nos will admit that talent wise 1 through 7 that team was much more talented.  I remember that game getting cancelled and we were pumped for it as our fball were just coming out of reg season and you guys decided not to play.  Nothing like the old HJ/EC games..............man they were fun!!!!!

I would definetly conceded to HJ early in the season, but we would have had a WAR during the Playoffs and it could have went either way.  We really hit our stride that year in late Feb/early March.  TJ was UNREAL late in that season (he had 51 pts against Top 5 3a Crockett in a warm up game).

Absolutely.  TJ was awesome!!!! 

Guest DickVitale

No, they are aligned with your mother's thoughts and values......Now shut your pie hole....

Guest stevenash

No, they are aligned with your mother's thoughts and values......Now shut your pie hole....

Although the objurgation is a bit disappointing, it is more than offset by the fact that you ARE talking to me albeit in a loquatious, garrulous, and denuncitory manner.

Guest stevenash

dude....go away. No one engages in any sort of dialogue with you....You are like a walking, talking territoma...

Does this mean that you possibly don't count me as one of your closer friends?

Guest nostradamus

I WILL NOT concede that the 96 team was better 1-7 than the 91 team EVER!  HECK....the 91 team came back almost 10 years later and 15 pounds heavier beat the crap out of a 4A HJ team.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats